1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Discussing GT4 in ACC

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by GONKO, Jul 21, 2020.

1. BartZie

BartZie Gamer

Yea. KTM is really good. What it looses in straight line it gains in exit speeds. In my experience it's about just as fast. I love it. Merc is not bad either.

2. BartZie

BartZie Gamer

Taking advantage of my recently introduced No Meeting Wednsday (genius, I know[​IMG]) I did my first long-ish GT4 race yesterday. 3h around Spa in the Mercedes. Wow. It. Was. Great.
    Unfortunately I'm not like some here racing at 98+ AI level. Happy medium for me is around 90 to maybe 92. I finished 3rd so hey, it's a podium[​IMG] Great cars, great race

David Hornsey, AndyK70, Arlo and 2 others like this.
  3. LATE4APEX

LATE4APEX Alien

Doesn't matter what level you race at, its all about having fun RACING.

GONKO, AndyK70, Lurkusmaximus and 5 others like this.
  4. BartZie

BartZie Gamer

Cheers to that!

5. kirk heath

kirk heath Gamer

Similar case with the Ginetta, I found at Monza anyway. Both with the Ginetta and AMG I managed a low 1.59. I found you could brake much later in the Ginetta and is a lot more responsive in corners.

Testing started for my GT4 series now, R8 really struggles at Suzuka. I'm not sure if it's the car, my style not used to it. Or both, trying find out get more from the darn thing haha

6. LATE4APEX

LATE4APEX Alien

Would like to see more GT4 times posted here.

No guarantee I will though,... well at least until I see how they compare with mine :)

7. Felge Schneider

Felge Schneider Hardcore Simmer

Some special events woould be nice. Or did I oversee some?

AndyK70 and Turk like this.
  8. I finally gave up on the GT4s today, there is just no competition to be found. Usually the open GT4 servers have less then 10 people driving, mixed public racing is no fun and the GT4 competition is less then 5. CP races are even worse. No special events for the GT4s... Why should I race them? Don't get me wrong, the cars are great, I really like driving them but I also like to compete. Right now the GT4s are for offline racing (since LFS there is no reason to drive against AI) and maybe league racing. Since I have a full time job, a wife and two kids, I can't adjust my schedule for that. I need to race when I have some time available. In GT3s I can do that, there are almost always some servers with 20 people to race and the CP races are awesome.

I don't know why Kunos puts so much effort in creating extremely good GT4 cars and then neglects them in terms of content. Feels like, the customer who has already bougth the DLC is no priority anymore. We need at least special events, single class CP races for GT4 and an option to quickjoin the fullest GT4 only server available. Until then, I am back to GT3s like most other racers have done. It's a waste...

9. TeknoBug

TeknoBug Gamer

I wonder if servers are region locked? I've been getting in nearly full GT4 races mostly 9 or 10 drivers out of 10. Mixed class are majority of GT3's, maybe 2 GT4's, last race was 4 GT4's though but the leaderboard doesn't split class so there was no way of knowing where I placed in GT4 (was 9th overall out of 20, yes it was that bad).

10. LATE4APEX

LATE4APEX Alien

Yep, I agree, Kunos should force more drivers to race GT4.

11. Turk

Turk Alien

Can the server admins set a limit on how many of each class can join the server?

I might just take time for people to get comfortable with GT4s online. If people want to have a competitive race online they may just feel they are better off with what they know.

LATE4APEX likes this.
  12. Thomas Fun

Thomas Fun Simracer

The DLC is new, we will see how it develops.

Maybe one day will we get CP races that have dedicated slots for to each class. You enter with a primary car and if your class is full, you get a popup asking if you instead want to enter the race with your secondary car.

13. FriendOfJah

FriendOfJah Racer

I went online last night with a friend. He raced a GT3 car and I raced a GT4 car. In the course of 5 different races on 5 different Mixed Race servers, I was the only GT4 car. I basically raced alone and got 5 meaningless wins in my class (only bonus was my improved ratings). I guess the initial enthusiasm is gone, and most people want to race the faster GT3 cars, like my friend. For me, racing the GT4 has made ACC much more enjoyable. I guess I’ll only get to race other GT4 Cars in my current Championship Season...

Rocas likes this.
  14. To be honest I don't get you o_O

FriendOfJah and LATE4APEX like this.
  15. kirk heath

kirk heath Gamer

Not done a lot of testing yet
    Laguna Seca, I was averaging about 1.31 in a few cars.
    Brands 1.33/34 depending on car
    Monza done a 1.59 as the quickest so far I think.

fabT and LATE4APEX like this.
  16. LATE4APEX

LATE4APEX Alien

I don't think anybody realizes, I was being a trouble maker,.. again, in response to one post, when I posted, "Kunos force GT4" :p

Last edited: Jul 31, 2020
    After_Midnight and FriendOfJah like this.
  17. Rogue Leader

Rogue Leader Hardcore Simmer

Theres a GT4 server I drive in once or twice almost every night, haven't had a bad race yet. 10 minute races, 10 minute qualifying, 10 cars at Silverstone, its called Silverstone Noob Friendly or something like that.

Would I like more substance like a longer race and more cars? sure! But its been fun anyway.

chksix likes this.
  18. flihp

flihp Racer

With WIP race setups ( starting point Safe default) and 1 hr worth of fuel, Cloudy 10 AM practice sessions.
    Monza- Alpine -1.58.9
    Brands - Porsche - 1.32.5
    Zolder - Porshce - 1.39.0
    Bathurst - Porsche - 2.14.5
    Paul Ricard - Porsche - 2.06.5
    Barcelona - Alpine - 1.55.4 <---- may have been Hotlap- cant remember
    Hungaroring- Mclaren - 1.55.8 <---- may have been Hotlap- cant remember
    Misano - Ginetta - 1.44.9 <---- may have been Hotlap- cant remember

PS, if someone can try the Porsche out. im actually finding more pace by jacking the car up a heap, lower caster, lowest wheel rate, lowest rollbar settings...( Suits me better anyway ) ( car looks like a Cayenne coupe SUV in replays though :) )

LATE4APEX and fabT like this.
  19. Felge Schneider

Felge Schneider Hardcore Simmer

Alpine in Monza is probably not representative for overall GT4pace, right?

AndyK70 likes this.
  20. fabT

fabT Alien

Drove the Porsche Cayman GT4 on a few tracks, mostly online hence no real hotlapping.
    Anyway, here are my best times so far in the Cayman, stock aggressive setup ( just slightly tweaking ARB and pressure ) for what's worth:

Monza: 1:59:1 ( but did just a couple races as i find Monza uninspiring with GT4 )
    Brands Hatch: 1:33:0 ( raced 3-4 times, very nice track for GT4 )
    Misano: 1:43:5 ( 4-5 races done, nice track as well with GT4 )
    Laguna Seca: 1:31:6 ( did a single pratice session as i recently acquired the DLC. Nice track with GT4. Would like to have some races there. ).

Misano and Brands were the only tracks where i reached my "comfort zone" in terms of driving pace, so far.

Having some GT4 special events would be incentivating for improving, as MP racing with GT4 is not much populated.

Share your setup settings then, for a comparison.
    I'm curious.

Last edited: Aug 1, 2020
    flihp and LATE4APEX like this.