1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Discussing GT4 in ACC

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by GONKO, Jul 21, 2020.

1. flihp

flihp Racer

these are what i did some of those times with, the setup figures look rather odd, as i said i jacked up the car and put a lot of things to neutral or lowest figures. as i go along i will like adjust ride height to further balance them etc.. may not be your cup of tea. :)

Attached Files:

fabT likes this.
  2. [ATF]Shanti

[ATF]Shanti Simracer

Join a league, RCI, or AOR

3. fabT

fabT Alien

Tried it at Brands, for a single MP race.
    Your setup does work, mate.

I was down 6 tenths to 1:32:4 PB ... in race, not qualy.
    Hence i didn't push 100% : judging by partials could do about flat 1:32.

Moreover it's a forgiving setup, comfortable to drive albeit still a little understeery to my taste.
    Except for a small mistake i did on lap 7 ( and the first lap ) my worst laptime in race was about 1:33:1 ...

Won race with a 13,5 sec. margin on second guy. In 10 laps :D

Good job with those settings.
    Will try with lower TC/ABS settings.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 1, 2020
    flihp likes this.
  4. kirk heath

kirk heath Gamer

Hhahah I was just in that race in the Audi!! I had a good start and little battle with you until I spun out of hairpin!

fabT likes this.
  5. fabT

fabT Alien

I'm sorry, flihp's setup is to blame there :D

6. kirk heath

kirk heath Gamer

Lol nothing apologise for, I was keeping up and would have given better fight, If I had not spun out! haha

fabT likes this.
  7. flihp

flihp Racer

nice, good consistent lapping there... good to see that I am not imagining things with those unorthodox changes. As you said it’s very forgiving, part of the understeery feel might be just a case of lowering steering lock, i also personally increase it.

8. fabT

fabT Alien

Maybe it has to do with my own driving style.

Anyway, i noticed you're using pretty high TC/ABS settings there, setting them down (at least) a notch helps imho. TC especially.

I noticed as well you reduced quite a lot max. braking force (86%).
    Surprisingly that seems not having negative effects at Brands, at least was able to easily overtake and/or defend at braking zone before Druids turn.
    The only explanation i can see there is that under high braking and with 100% force the car was hitting ABS limit too soon, "throttling" braking.

Meanwhile i've settled my racing pace close to 1:32:5 mark, with 1:32:2 PB.
    Would like to do some proper hotlapping to see how faster it gets.

flihp likes this.
  9. flihp

flihp Racer

regarding tc and abs, I think those are still on the level of the safe preset, I will lower those and give it a shot, the brake force lower, , I personally have always lowered it, for me it give me a smoother and better feel on the brake pedal,

I have just started playing with misano setup, currently got the Porsche to 1,43.8 with 74l fuel, have lowered tc to 2, I’m just struggling with some mid corner understeer. Turn in is great, but then it pushed a great deal when coming off the brakes and slight understeer out of corners as well,, but will get there slowly...

10. fabT

fabT Alien

I have TC at 2 as well at Misano, about slight understeer i tend lowering front ARB as needed.
    Still using aggressive setup as a base as i'm not good as setup "engineer".

Anyway share that setup (if you care), i'm becoming a fan of yours :D

Last edited: Aug 2, 2020
  11. fabT

fabT Alien

Next time, mate.
    Always welcome a good and fair fight.

kirk heath likes this.
  12. Ginetta supercup in the UK is a one-make series using the GT4 on Michelins ( with slightly less power & wing ) - I'd love to see that added with the British track pack but as it's on the BTCC programme & not British GT I'm unsure if they even could. Are there any other one-make GT4 series? they might be a reasonable way to get more people into GT4 rather than jumping straight to GT3s & then going back "down".

13. kirk heath

kirk heath Gamer

SRO don't run any single make events. The only two in game would be either the Porsche Cup series which you can set up, or the Lambo ST series.

When we get the British track pack later in the year though. There's nothing to stop someone setting up a series of the British tracks and running just Ginetta GT4s as a custom series.

Arlo likes this.
  14. Well the SRO doesn't run the Ginetta G40 or the F4 on the BGT support either ( not that I'm suggesting adding F4! ) but they're on the event bill - was just trying to remember if there were any other GT4 one-makes anywhere. I guess the G55 GT4 is as near a Supercup car as the Porsche Cup we have is to the one-make cars ( they use Michelins too iirc ) so a little power BoP & we're good enough.

15. The G55 GT4 is the tamed Supercup car ;)

16. kirk heath

kirk heath Gamer

Doing some racing at Brands again, and getting to grips with the R8 (Excuse the pun). Race pace seems to be low to mid 1.33's and was really hassling an AMR V8 last night, which is a good sign as these are OP currently.
    My concern though is the Rear left, tyre temps shows yellow on tyre app. Inside edge reached as high as 110C - Can't seem to tune this out I tried lower pressures on LR, and decreased negative camber be nearly 1 degree. Does it need more? should I try 0 toe? Just to note I also had rear wing at Max. Still total tourist when it comes to car setup, I usually rely on aggressive setup and tweak tyre pressures and brake ducts.

17. budgetek

budgetek Gamer

Sorry if it was already asked but can you guys please let me know what is optimal hot tyre pressure on GT4 cars?

18. kirk heath

kirk heath Gamer

I think i read 27.2 is the sweetspot

19. budgetek

budgetek Gamer

Thanks for the info mate. C U on track.

20. bondyboy

bondyboy Alien

Yes that's what I understand to be the case too, from what David's said at various times it sounds like it's him pestering Kunos with info rather than anything formal.

And like you say they do get a lot of info from the teams, Aris is also keen to hear from engineers and drivers alike and has great access to them when at race weekends with ACC events - for example here he is with a couple of drivers at last years 24hr of Spa, of course he's proudly showing off his baby but at the same time he appeared eager to learn what they thought afterwards

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Nada, kirk heath and JanR like this.