1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Generic Weekly Hotlap Challenge 189 – Lack of slack and a wet session with "The Old Lady" down the Hatch

Discussion in 'Console Lounge' started by Totall Wrytoff, Jul 25, 2020.

1. Neilski

Neilski Alien

ACC
    Neilski
    10 laps
    PC
    Interesting challenge! I'm having a hard time figuring out which lines are quickest. I'm more or less just driving the normal line (which itself is generally tricky for me at Brands, lol) but not convinced it's the best one, even on a green track. I am still improving (this was my second attempt) but not sure how many more goes I'll be able to give it.
    I did very little to the default setup it offered me: maybe 0.7 psi lower on the left side, a bit less TC, about 26 litres of fuel, and a bit less brake duct on the rear. I think that was it. Anybody do anything more dramatic?
    upload_2020-8-1_23-24-56.png upload_2020-8-1_23-25-26.png

2. GoodGame.eXistenZ

GoodGame.eXistenZ Hardcore Simmer

I tried a few things as I find the base setup way too stable. You just can't make it spin, the rear is really planted, so I tried making it more agile or more prone to oversteer. E.g. reduced rear wing, reduced front arb and increased rear arb, reduced front bump and more agressive toe. Lap times did not really improve, although I did not do in depth testing.

3. Graveltrap

Graveltrap Alien

Everything I tried setup wise with the Aston seemed to make it worse! Moving the brake balance all the way to the rear helped a bit.

Normal racing line on a wet green track is the way to go, no rubber to make it slippery, just be wary of the curbs sometimes they bite!

I got horribly distracted following the purchase of AC on PC! Mods and the ability to change the colour of the GT3 RS are mainly to blame... Livery creation in GT is so much easier though!

BTW British GT is back and racing at Oulton Park today, I’d usually have been there, but for the state of the world. It’s one of my most favourite places to be.

Livestream on YouTube, from around midday BST for those that want a taster of the track that is coming soon to ACC ;)

Last edited: Aug 2, 2020
  4. HandyAndy1962

HandyAndy1962 Hardcore Simmer

Improvement
    ACC
    HandyAndy1962
    16:03.213
    PC

Attached Files:

5. moodyryder

moodyryder Hardcore Simmer

ACC
    moodyryder
    10 Lap
    ps4

20200802_170254.jpg

20200802_170300.jpg

sissydriver, Tony212, Peggy11 and 3 others like this.
  6. upload_2020-8-2_18-2-5.png

Chequered Flag!

Assetto Corsa
    BMW M235i Racing at Highlands Drift

1. Pretend racer - 2.08.947 PC
    2. Neilski - 2.09.284 PC
    3. F1415182235 - 2:10.594 X1
    4. Rod100 - 2.11.209 Xbox1
    5. Total Wrytoff - 2.11.779 PS4
    6. Ueasy fox - 2:12.169 XB1
    7. Moodyryder - 2.12.726 ps4
    8. SissyDriver - 2.13.125 PC
    9. Laughing Gravy - 2.14.462 PS4
    10. HandyAndy1962 - 2:17.557 PC
    11. Morgoth924 - 2:31:612 PC
    12. Lady TW - 2:34.680 PS4

Not said it for a while, so here it is nice and loud:
    PRETEND RACER WINS!!
    World record holder @Pretend racer deservedly takes the crown this week, the only man in the “eights.” And thanks to his vid, it is fair to say, his car control on the brakes and delightful, balanced entry into the corners, played a good part in this week’s challenge success. Congrats Pr!
    2nd Place: @Neilski set the challenge and he is not far off top spot. With the practice he must have had in advance....? As he gamefully observes, his sector times look very similar to Pretend racer’s. :D But they are in fact slower. Big laughs aside, his 2.09.2 is a cracking drive and only 3/10ths off Pretend racer. Great drive and great challenge @Neilski, this week, you’ve nailed it!:)
    Third place man @F1415182235 is world fastest consoler this week. Great lap time! Let’s hope technical issues are quickly sorted and there are many more to come!

Honourable mention goes to @Rod100 who put in some big time to get his great time. Congrats and is that your highest placed finish? Great job.
    Quick mentions to @Tony212, welcome to AC! I believe this is your first… if not apologies and welcome back.
    And to @moodyryder , who swapped a most generous amount of beer for a 2nd hand G29 and, despite his online presence, is a very, very decent chap in person!:D And @sissydriver great to see you venturing back, hope we see more.

Assetto Corsa Competizione
    AMR V12 Vantage GT3 at Brands Hatch

10 Laps

1. GoodGame.eXistenZ - 15:13:437 PC
    2. Graveltrap - 15:20.388 PC
    3. SissyDriver - 15.25.593 PC
    4. Ueasy fox - 15:26.763 XB1
    5. Mike Reynolds - 15:30:156 PC
    6. Peggy11 - 15:29:865 PC
    7. Neilski - 15.39.294 PC
    8. Total Wrytoff - 15.50.988 PS4
    9. Moodyryder - 15.54.669 PS4
    10. HandyAndy1962 - 16:03.213 PC
    11. Laughing Gravy - 16.08.046 PS4

Of course we couldn’t maintain the excitement, stroke kerfuffle, as was at the beginning of the week. Having said that @GoodGame.eXistenZ must be beside himself with excitement at what is in the post. Or, large lorry. I wouldn’t be able to sleep. The financial concern will be short lived.:) In addition, I think an 18 month forecast is in order, anticipating the return on investment by prize money generated, with a sideline on bets offered, erm, positions taken, by WHCers…. I'm in.
    I digress! Great drive this week @GoodGame.eXistenZ . Serious speed, consistently.:cool:

2nd Place: @Graveltrap, who kindly, or sadistically set the challenge is now on the dark side. Or is that the right side? Always one of the fastest on console, and in a solid second place this week. Difficult to assess if PC has allowed better times or not and surely the familiarisation process is still going on, but based on this week's performance, he's looking good to have a place reserved with his name, on the podium.

@sissydriver takes the third step this week. He has built up a wealth of experience in ACC and he generously shares it with large helpings of enthusiasm. Great for WHC and for us getting to know the game. He is also getting used to regular podiums, congrats!

Honourable mention goes to @mike reynolds , who most modestly tried to deflect the attention drawn to his whopping insight. As he rightly says, sharing is what the WHC is all about, but to let the field come steaming past you?:D
    Joking aside, that is exactly what the WHC is about, but is is great to see such a fine and generous example and let's not forget, the WHC wasn't always like this.:) Thanks to him for giving us all a warm feeling inside.

Big thanks to @Neilski and @Graveltrap for setting the challenges and thanks to everyone for playing and contributing this week, it has been great to see.

Last edited: Aug 2, 2020
  7. Tony212

Tony212 Racer

I think the 10 minute hotstint is my favorite, but I hope we do some more 15 minute hotstints in the future as well.

Thanks to MikeReynolds for the green track tip, cleaning up the debris proved to be worth a solid 2 seconds a lap, at least.

It was fun and I would have liked more time with it, for both ACC and AC.

8. Rod100

Rod100 Hardcore Simmer

@Totall Wrytoff , that's correct, it's my best place in WHC ever.

Sent from my ASUS_Z012DC using Tapatalk

Neilski and Totall Wrytoff like this.
  9. Graveltrap

Graveltrap Alien

It was an eye opening trip to a wet Brands Hatch, I have to say the evolving track was just so cool to discover and drive on, fantastic stuff there from the dev team. :cool::cool::cool: Amazing the difference the green track made! I was kinda enjoying myself more when it was going fast to green though.

I think the 15 minute run really showed what the game is capable of doing! I like the 15 minute run tbh, in fact I enjoy hotstint more than hotlaps, fuel, tyres and weather on this occasion all come to play! Hour long test of endurance for Spa 24H week? ;)

Congrats to the winners!

10. Tony212

Tony212 Racer

I dig it.
    When is that?

Neilski likes this.
  11. Graveltrap

Graveltrap Alien

22-25th October aka week 43 Sad to say I will be working away during that time :(