1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Assetto Corsa Competizione - 2020 Generic discussion

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by dave967, Oct 22, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I had never cleaned my laptop fans since I bought it in 2016....:D. Now it works LOL.

2. croh

croh Rookie

I know what I will do this weekend :D.
    The last cleaning happend around 2 years ago, so it is time.

Maybe this will give me some more FPS in VR.

Salvatore Amato likes this.
  3. Coanda

Coanda Alien

I've taken a little break from sim racing however I still maintain I lost a little performance in SP for 1.5.x.. I tried nV driver 451 with no success so I reverted back to what I thought was my previous driver 446 however maybe I was using 442 so it could be that or maybe it's just GT4.. I use to be able to run 20-25 Ai and maintain 60 FPS after the first lap however that is not possible now as it fluctuates between 55-60 FPS. To maintain 60 FPS I either have to lower my resolution scale by 25% or run 15 Ai or both.. I have tested this at Nurburgring and Spa. Spa runs a little better as Nurburgring has always been a little sketchy on a couple of corners..

Anyway it's time to retire my CPU so hopefully by x-mas I'll have an upgrade with plenty of overhead...

sissydriver likes this.
  4. Also if you updated to windows 10 may 2020, that is the reason. There are lots of compatibility issues with nvidia and intel drivers...
    Infact, I had not updated until 2 weeks ago. Then it started to not work. Yesterday I updated and cleaned fans.
    For sure cleaning fans had an impact, but I think the new W10 hotfix is the main reason for my improved fps since yesterday.

sissydriver likes this.
  5. Coanda

Coanda Alien

I'm still on w10-1909.. w10-2004 has not arrived yet..

6. Be happy then

Coanda likes this.
  7. Gopher04

Gopher04 Simracer

Hence the smart people use Win 7 still..Win 10 has so many problems still when it comes to new driver being updated MS/nvidia and intel are **** at working together and this OS has been **** since they released it, there will always be issues with Win 10 till they allow customers to updated 3rd party drivers when and if they want too, not controlled by *****soft.

8. Coanda

Coanda Alien

I held off for a couple of years and also dual booted 7 & 10.. Now I just use 10 and I don't have any of those early driver update issues.. I think MS relaxed a little there.. Windows is what it is with 90% junk you don't need however I am happy with 10. No issues here..

9. Felge Schneider

Felge Schneider Hardcore Simmer

For me, Win10 is quite decent, the calling-home issues aside. Main OS is Manjaro though.
    I also have never had any update problems, but I also wait a couple of days *fingerscrossed*

10. anthonylroy

anthonylroy Hardcore Simmer

I Love windows 10, Its the best General purpose operating system out there now

SANDER van DORN [GER] likes this.
  11. David Wright

David Wright Hardcore Simmer

12. Flavus

Flavus Racer

I have auto update disabled on Win10. Yesterday I decided to do a manual update and disconnected my usb devices as I know updates cause havoc. After the update I plugged them back in and my pedals did not work and also this time my DD1 had lost it configuration in game and it was unplayable. I had plugged it into a different usb 2.0 port so I put it back to where it was before and all was fine again. Not sure if it is ACC or windows. I have used Linux on my desktop for close to 20 years with zero problems and Assetto Corsa is the only reason I have Windows installed. That said Win10 is actually a reasonably good operating system but I always have problems to sort out after an update.

13. It is windows and with the last update, the very last, they improved the situation.
    But it is still a mess.

14. rd.king

rd.king Hardcore Simmer

I like how some people have these little ritual of how they outsmart MS and the win10 updater.
    Then report about all the problems they have.:(
    Meanwhile millions auto update and never have an issue.
    I personally like to turn around 3 times stamp my feet - left, left, right and touch my nose before starting my PC.:)
    Read this on the internet and it works every time.

dajdosta, chksix, Dookie and 11 others like this.
  15. Flavus

Flavus Racer

Last edited: Aug 5, 2020
    GCCRacer and Salvatore Amato like this.
  16. Ule

Ule Gamer

Hi all! I have a question regarding the throttle in ACC (this also was mentioned by Niels Heusinkveld) - for example when you are in neutral and you push the gas pedal just a little bit engine revs go up. Then you push gas pedal a bit more and revs go up. By doing this you get to the point where engine starts to rev up without you pushing the gas pedal further (on AMG GT3, for example, engine starts to rev up when your throttle is opened around 20-25%). I have tested this on other sims and but basically at every other sim I have tested I cannot reproduce this effect. What are your thoughts about this?

17. Are you Niels Heusinkveld?

18. LATE4APEX

LATE4APEX Alien

With motor under load, like when actually driving the car, the engine reacts to the throttle correctly.

19. Ule

Ule Gamer

Am I?

20. Check a mirror. It could be :p

After_Midnight likes this.