1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Generic Weekly Hotlap Challenge 191 - 70th Anniversary Formula 1 Grand Prix Challenge and dusk, in the land

Discussion in 'Console Lounge' started by Totall Wrytoff, Aug 8, 2020.

1. Welcome to the Weekly Hotlap Challenge 191 - 70th Anniversary Formula 1 Grand Prix Challenge and dusk, in the land of the Rising Sun.
    Featuring Assetto Corsa and Competizione challenges.

Assetto Corsa Challenge: Hotlap
    70th Anniversary Formula 1 Grand Prix
    Car: Ferrari SF70H
    Track: Silverstone GP
    upload_2020-8-8_17-59-8.png
    upload_2020-8-8_17-59-18.png

Assetto Corsa Competizione Challenge: 15 min Hotstint and, or Hotlap *
    Car: Bentley Continental GT3 2018
    Track: Suzuka International Racing Course
    upload_2020-8-8_17-59-45.png

upload_2020-8-8_17-59-54.png
    Time: 19:00
    Duration: 15 mins
    Weather: CUSTOM: 12% Cloud cover TEMP: 19C
    Track Grip: Optimum
    Wetness/ Standing water: 0%
    Random disabled
    * PC Players –feel free to use your best Hotstint lap to enter the Hotlap Challenge. On separate posts please.
    Please see notes on How To Take Part below.
    ----------------------------------------

Assetto Corsa 70th Anniversary Formula 1 Grand Prix Challenge

This was going to be a bonus challenge, but it deserves to be the Main Event.
    Ideally we would be using the Mercedes-AMG Petronas W11, but the closest we can get is Ferrari’s 2017 car, the SF70H. Also not ideal is having to push buttons to go faster. Provided, of course, that you have optimised your power unit’s performance. But all these factors now come into play and if we are to emulate the best….
    The SF70H marks Ferrari's 70th anniversary as an automotive manufacturer, hence the name 70H, so that fits nicely for an F1 70th Anniversary Tribute Challenge.
    We have run this car before, in Moodyryder’ s WHC 67 at Circuit de Catalunya.
    In 2017 the car was driven by Seb and Kimi, it won the first race in Melbourne and Seb called it “Gina.” So the Italians were shouting “Go Gina!” rather than being vulgar….?
    The chassis was designed by one Mattia Binotto and power comes from the Ferrari 062 power unit. A 1.6L direct injection, V6 turbocharged engine, (limited to 15,000 rpm!) augmented by electric motors recovering and re-deploying kinetic and thermal energy. This gives you 950-1000 hp (from 1600cc and two electric motors!!!) in a car that weights 728kg, with driver and fuel….
    It is a furiously complicated beast, you will need to configure wheel buttons for KERS and DRS if not done so.
    Here is a quick summary of the powertrain and ERS (Energy Recovery Systems,) the various modes and what they do:
    ------------------------------------------
    The MGU-H converts heat energy from the exhaust into electrical energy to recharge the ERS battery.
    The MGU-K generates energy from braking, stores it in the ERS battery, and deploys it to the rear wheels when under power.
    The MGU-K Regen rate, controls how aggressively the MGU-K harvests energy during braking and the rate selected affects the handling of the car: higher regen means greater retardation when off throttle and off the brakes. It also leads to longer braking distances and possible entry oversteer, but the battery charges faster. Lower energy regeneration offers a more precise level of brake balance, control and shorter braking distances, but not as much electrical juice.
    Apart from the handling aspect, Regen (the green bar on the HUD,) is not so important for a hot lap, it is the yellow bar (the energy allowance per lap) you need to pay attention to.
    KERS: Configure your wheel to include this button. Whilst held down, it instantly delivers Hot lap power deployment settings and no regen.
    Using the KERS button dramatically reduces your yellow bar.

MGU-K Deployment profiles:
    You are allowed to use 2MJ of power per lap (the yellow bar) and here is where tactics and optimisation come in. When the yellow bar is empty, you’re powered only by the 1.6L combustion engine. Ideally the yellow bar should be emptying as you exit the final corner.
    We’ve got the following Deployment profiles to choose from:
    - Charging – no automatic electrical power, allows the fastest battery re-charge rate. You can deploy the electrical power manually with the KERS button.
    - Balanced Low - automatic electrical power only when the pedal is above 50% deflection and over 120kmh, peaking at 80% between 170-250kmh, then down to 40% between 170-250kmh and 0% above 300kmh.
    - Balanced High - a more aggressive form of the previous profile, peaking at 100% between 160-260kmh.
    Neither of the above profiles deliver electrical power in 8th gear.
    - Linear – no info on this, but presumably it does what it says. In a quick test, for me this was fastest overall without using manual KERS
    - Overtake – 100% MGU-K deployment rate, used in races for overtaking, not hot laps.
    - Top Speed - delivers the highest performance at higher speeds and gears and is specific to circuits such as Monza.
    - Hotlap - the highest setting for MGU-K deployment it doesn’t just give 100% deployment in all areas. It is balanced to provide a drivable car and enough juice to cover a single lap. But, at Silverstone it doesn’t. It is finished by Stowe.
    MGU-H settings:
    - Motor: recovers and directs power directly into the MGU-K, thus supplementing overall power output. No charging of the battery.
    - Battery: recovers and diverts energy into the ERS battery to increase the SOC, for use with one of the deployment profiles or manually with the KERS button.
    Here is a link to far more detailed explanation, written for the SF15-T, but the principles are the same:
    (http://ptsims.net/forum/index.php?topic=13336.0).
    Huge thanks to the authors, Jon Denton and Luis Branco.

In a test of the MGU-K Deployment profiles, on behalf of this WHC - stock settings, MGU-H Mode on Motor, lowered fuel and using DRS – with no manual KERS:
    Balanced Low, Balanced High and Linear - all make the ERS power last for the whole lap.
    My fastest lap was using done with Linear, but nothing in it over Balanced Low. I had three goes at a lap on Balanced High, none successful.
    Hot lap – the 2MJ electrical energy allowance is finished by Stowe. My ghost from the lap using Linear passed me through Vale.
    upload_2020-8-8_18-0-31.png

In summary the hot lap tip is this:
    “It would be assumed that over a qualifying lap, the driver would configure the MGU-H to MOTOR mode. In this mod, the MGU-H will recover energy from exhaust gases and direct this power directly into the MGU-K, thus directing all power output to the MGU-K and providing the maximum manageable power output over one lap.”
    Clear as mud.
    I think, for a hot lap, Motor (not Battery) is the way to go with the MGU-H Mode setting (found in Electronics,) unless you’re really on top of your game and go for Battery, with “Charging” as engine mode and manual ERS deployment with the KERS button.
    If not, and let’s see, perhaps Balanced Low, with extra manual KERS out of certain corners, might be optimum.
    Either way, you only get one shot, the pressure is on.

Lewis can do it…err, have a try yourself!

Assetto Corsa Competizione – Dusk, in the land of the Rising Sun

After the useful discussion last week about the format and duration of the ACC challenges, I immediately received a note requesting that we do Hot Laps and not the longer stints!!
    One way to keep everybody happy is to do both! And if you’re on PC, you can take your best lap time from the HotStint and use that to enter the Hotlap challenge. Consolers will have to run two separate sessions. Hot Lap and Hotstint.
    The Bentley Continental GT3 race car was developed in tandem with the recently launched Continental GT road car. It uses a mostly aluminium structure for a “lighter, race-ready weight” –a very hefty 1300 kg! - and better weight distribution. The engine is the 4.0-litre Bentley (BMW) twin-turbo, dry sump V8. Unrestricted power is in excess of 550 bhp, which for the FIA is far too much for a GT3 racing car. So we don’t get close to that and the exhaust noise is reduced too, although the manufacturer claims the sound is still unmistakably Bentley. And it is always very nice to drive a Bentley!
    upload_2020-8-8_18-0-59.png
    Suzuka!
    One of the main reasons for purchasing ACC!
    Host to Moto GP, F1, GT3, Endurance and Super GT series racing, this epic circuit was built by Honda for use as a test track in the 1950s. It features a "figure of eight" layout, where the back straight passes over the mid-section, via a bridge and is one of every racing driver’s favourite tracks.
    Both from an engineer’s and driving point of view, apparently, this track is in the same bracket as Spa and Silverstone. The whole lap is a sequence of really challenging corners. Muck up the line to start with and you just get further and further out of sync.
    The fast Esses at the start of the lap after Turns One and Two are tricky - quick and demanding. They lead into Degner, two corners, the first, blind and very fast. Then via the “don’t run wide Turn 12” and the tight hairpin, you arrive at the double left-hander, Spoon Curve. Seb’s favourite! There’s a bit of a straight before the legendary 130R. It certainly requires a lift, if not down a gear in this car!

15 laps and no errors will sort the men from the boys!

Tyres and Times?

For Assetto Corsa
    The full range of compounds on offer: Ultrasoft, Supersoft, Soft, Medium and Hard - All run a very low 20psi optimum operating pressure.
    By way of benchmark, last week Lewis (Hamilton) did a 1:24.303 to take pole and Max Verstappen nailed a 1:27.097 on lap 52 for fastest lap of the race.
    In AC, the time to beat around Silverstone in the SF70H is a very impressive 1:26.614.
    The fastest times on RSR are all set with the Ultra Soft, although at an unrealistic air temp of 10C….

For A.C.Competizione
    Recommended tyre pressure is around 27.5 psi (hot.)
    The GT3 lap record at Suzuka is 2 min 3.611 seconds, set in a Ferrari 488 GT3

☆☆PLEASE NOTE: WHC 190 IS STILL OPEN UNTIL 18:00 (GMT+1) TOMORROW. ☆☆

---------------------------------------------------
    Assetto Corsa Challenge - How to take part:
    To enter the Assetto Corsa Challenge, select Hotlap, choose the and the Ferrari SF70H and the Silverstone GP Circuit
    Please setup the session as shown below:
    Mode: Hotlap
    Ambient Temp: 26 Degrees
    Setup: Time of day: Free / Controller: Free / Assists: Free / Stability: Free
    To qualify you must have the ambient temp set to 26 DegC.

Assetto Corsa Competizione Challenge Challenge - How to take part:
    PC players can enter both the Hotstint Challenge and the Hotlap Challenges using the Hotstint session.
    Please make a separate post for each challenge.
    For Hotstint, we will need to see the number of laps and time for those laps
    For Hotlap, please show your fastest lap in the Hotstint session.
    Console players are unable to see the individual lap times so will need to set up and drive both Hotstint and Hotlap sessions separately.
    In Single Player:
    1. Choose the Bentley Continental GT3 2018
    2. Select Hotstint (or Hotlap)
    3. Select 19:00
    4. Select the Suzuka Circuit
    5. On the Weather options, select CUSTOM: 12% Cloud cover TEMP: av. ambient temp at 19C.
    6. Select – Dynamic disabled, Random disabled, ,
    7. Track Grip at: Optimum
    8. Wetness/ Standing water at: 0%
    The screen shot required to enter your time is in Timetables at the end of the session and should look like this, but clearer:
    Realism and Assist Settings are up to you. Ideally, please use PRO

POSTING FORMAT:
    For ease of admin, please use the following format to post your times to be included on the leader boards:
    Challenge –
    AC or ACC
    Improvement (Only required if you have already posted a time)
    Your name (as you would like it to appear on the leaderboard)
    Your time - shown as x.xx.xxx.
    For ACC Hotstint – Number of Laps
    Your platform
    (PC Xb1 PS4)
    The screen shot showing your time.
    (Optional but in the spirit) Your thoughts or any comment
    Please post video clips and share information here as well.

You can run as many laps as you can manage and update your times as often as you like. It is all about taking part, pushing yourself and enjoying Assetto Corsa and Competizione. All Platforms are welcome. To submit a time, pause the game and select 'session' from the menu and screenshot this page or take a photo of your screen and post it in this thread - Note all the information from the screen is required including temperature, mode heading (Hotlap) and of course the car being used!

Deadline: Sunday 16th August 2020
    Chequered Flag will drop shortly before 6pm.

Last edited: Aug 16, 2020

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge 276 Jun 11, 2022
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge 275 Jun 4, 2022
    Chit Chat Room Weekly Hotlap Challenge May 21, 2022
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge 274 May 21, 2022
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge 273 May 14, 2022
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge #272 May 1, 2022
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge 271 Apr 26, 2022
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge #262 Jan 29, 2022
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge #261 Jan 22, 2022
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge #260 Jan 15, 2022
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge #259 Jan 8, 2022
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge #258 Jan 1, 2022
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge #257 Dec 27, 2021
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge #256 Dec 18, 2021
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge #255 Dec 11, 2021

3. F1415182235

F1415182235 Hardcore Simmer

Oh yes! If only we had a Mercedes:(

4. sissydriver

sissydriver Alien

ACC
    Sissydriver
    PC
    8 Laps

whc 191 1jpg.jpg

whc 191 2jpg.jpg

Aggressive setup, pads1, 33l
    Too low tire pressure, first attempt to find a rhythmn - the boatley is so good to drive, so forgving with the long wheelbase and you can attack the curbs.
    Suzuka has a slippery surface - this combo is awesome again. :):):)

5. sissydriver

sissydriver Alien

ACC
    improvement
    Sissydriver
    PC
    8 Laps

whc 191 3jpg.jpg

whc 191 4jpg.jpg

too hot....but fun

6. sissydriver

sissydriver Alien

ACC
    improvement
    Sissydriver
    PC
    8 Laps

whc 191 7jpg.jpg

whc 191 8jpg.jpg

every attempt >= one invalid lap :oops:
    You can feel how the tires loose grip after two/three laps. The boatley saved my life several times.:rolleyes:

7. Lewisxbone

Lewisxbone Alien

2:02.1 .. wow very fast well done.

8. mike reynolds

mike reynolds Hardcore Simmer

AC
    Mike Reynolds
    1:32:041
    PC

Still a bit of sucker for F1 (and prototype) cars in AC...so a quick blast around whilst I wait for the GP to start.

AC SF70H Silverstone.PNG

9. sissydriver

sissydriver Alien

@Lewisxbone - thank you, but aliens do < 2.00 at suzuka (in a race, not hotstint!)

SRO e sports final at suzuka. Epic win for Nils - he did sub 2.00 with worn tyres, so 2.01.xx is my goal in hotstint, than the fast guys are 2-3s ahead, thats where i am at the moment.

10. Lewisxbone

Lewisxbone Alien

I bet you could get a 2:00 on a hotlap then.
    You’re a lot faster than my bad attempt earlier.
    My first lap was a 2:08.
    I think I need to learn the track first.

11. sissydriver

sissydriver Alien

@Lewisxbone - i trust in you. come on!

my pb was 2.03.xx before, very happy with low 2.02 now.
    You know how it is - sometimes you improve, then hit the wall, after a while you improve again. So i am very very happy with the possibility of 2.01.high - i dont want to be greedy, step by step ;)

12. Lewisxbone

Lewisxbone Alien

I’ll probably get a telling off for this but I’m afraid it’s a must....

I would like to wish Total Wrytoff a very very Happy birthday for today.
    All the best mate and I hope it’s a good one

13. Neilski

Neilski Alien

Hehe, Happy Birthday TW! :D:D

14. Not at all Lewis, I'm a party man, bring it on!!!
    Cake with loads and loads of candles!;)

Pretend racer, Lewisxbone and Neilski like this.
  15. Neilski

Neilski Alien

AC
    Neilski
    PC
    Well, not getting very close to the RSR times, are we? :eek:o_O
    Maybe the ultrasoft will be usable with a bit more cloud and lower track temps - didn't try that yet. My main issue is the 300 million knobs to twiddle, and that's just the in-car controls, never mind the setup :p:D
    Lowered the pressures about as far as they can go (except front right), brake bal as far back as it can go (not very), a click less rear wing (no idea if it helped) and then various random stabs in the dark to try and deploy the electrical energy "optimally" (yeah right). I sense there may be larger gaps than usual on this particular challenge, given the trickiness of the setup & deployment options...
    upload_2020-8-9_17-44-3.png

16. sissydriver

sissydriver Alien

ACC
    improvement
    Sissydriver
    PC
    8 Laps

whc 191 9jpg.jpg

whc 191 10jpg.jpg

So close - 16.19.xx and 2.01.xx :confused:
    Could drive the boatley for hours - sound, forgiving, curb attack - and, this beast is not slow!

Aggressive setup, pads 1, tyre pressure ~27.8 warm, 27l.

AC - F1 - tried some laps - these rocket science cars are a miracle - everything is too fast for me, the brain is behind what the eyes see o_O

17. Bojador

Bojador Gamer

Yeah I love the bentley. The reason I don’t drive it as much is because the right hand side driving. When I switch to other cars I keep going off track lol

I’ve been away last week. Hopefully I can put a hotlap in the board this week.

18. AC
    Totall Wrytoff
    PS4
    upload_2020-8-10_14-1-21.png
    Few runs to sort the tyres, I used the Supersoft and to see which modes worked best.
    I went with Battery not Motor, 30% regen, and Balanced High. This allows you to hold the KERS button for long periods whilst still having enough SOC (yellow bar) to KERS it all the way to the line.

19. AC
    Improvement
    PS4
    upload_2020-8-10_16-3-10.png
    A bit of practice on the buttons is worth a second.:)

20. Laughing Gravy

Laughing Gravy Hardcore Simmer

Thanks for the tip off Lewis.
    Hope you had a happy birthday.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

21. mike reynolds

mike reynolds Hardcore Simmer

AC
    Improvement
    Mike Reynolds
    1:31:603
    PC