1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Generic Weekly Hotlap Challenge 192 – Double Mint Twins… and a Psycho Pastel Falcon Stoops.

Discussion in 'Console Lounge' started by Pretend racer, Aug 15, 2020.

1. Pretend racer

Pretend racer Hardcore Simmer

Weekly Hotlap Challenge 192 – Double Mint Twins… and a Psycho Pastel Falcon Stoops.

Welcome to the Weekly Hotlap Challenge 192 – Double Mint Twins… and a Pyscho pastel falcon stoops.
    Featuring Assetto Corsa and Competizione challenges.

Assetto Corsa Challenge: Hotlap
    Double Mint Twins
    Car: Porsche Cayman S 718 and/or Porsche Boxster S PDK
    Track: Imola

---------------------------------------

Assetto Corsa: Double Mint Twins

I figured we might as well get rid of two birds with one stone with this combo. The two Porsche's are identical and yet they have slightly different personalities. At the very least this combo will give you two chances to win!

Desktop Screenshot 2020.08.14 - 09.51.35.87.png Desktop Screenshot 2020.08.14 - 09.52.18.65.png

[​IMG]
    News from F1 continues to influence the WHC selection process!

The Formula One 2020 calendar got an update on Friday, as Nurburgring, Portimao, and Imola were confirmed, taking the season’s tally to 13.
    It will officially be known as the Gran Premio dell’ Emilia Romagna.

The Imola Circuit has iconic corners like the Acque Minerali and Piratella. Interestingly, AlphaTauri had tested at Imola in preparation of the 2020 season.

Their drivers were mind-blown, with Pierre Gasly calling it his best experience in an F1 car. His teammate Danii Kvyat had this to say after the testing at the iconic track. “An F1 car through corners like Acque Minerali – the entrance is so fast, it’s cool. It really gives you a lot of adrenaline.”

Well, we won't going as fast but the hopefully this combo will get your adrenaline pumping. Whether you choose to hotlap with the hard or soft top, I suspect the laptimes will be identical. Bonus for smallest laptime difference between the two cars.
    In testing my laptimes only differed by 0.016 seconds between the two cars which is what inspired this combo. Let's see what happens when its all official. Chances are slim I can repeat that feat...

----------------------------------

Assetto Corsa Competizione Challenge: Hotstint and HotLap
    A psycho pastel falcon stoops.

ACC Challenge
    The psycho-pastel Falcon:
    [​IMG]
    upload_2020-8-15_11-8-2.png

upload_2020-8-15_11-12-21.png

Time: 18:00
    Duration: 10 MINS
    Weather: CUSTOM: DYNAMIC 100% VARIABLE
    Track Grip: Optimum
    Wetness/ Standing water: 0%
    Random disabled
    PC Players –feel free to use your best Hotstint lap to enter the Hotlap Challenge. On separate posts please.
    Please see notes on How To Take Part below.

Assetto Corsa Competizione – A psycho pastel falcon stoops at the Ardennes Rollercoaster
    This week it is a shorter 10 MIN Hotstint challenge and a Hotlap Challenge.

The challenge this week is to emulate qualifying performance of the Black Falcon Team last year in the GT3 Series 24hrs of Spa. Black Falcon entered two cars, Numbers 4 and 6. The pyscho pastel number 4 car was a Pro- Driver Class car, the number 6 car was a Silver-Driver Class.
    The qualifying was run on the Friday between 18:30 and 19:00, using the Super Pole format. We are asking for your time over ten minutes and your fastest lap. Both sets of times will be used to determine the fastest man at the end of the week.

My first thought, having seen the “Black Falcon” Number 4 car, was “Psycho Pastel. How very soft Manga!”
    My first question having seen the No.6 Car, was what does that most superb combination of consonants and vowels, “AssenheimerMullfinger” mean????
    Turns out it is just German Mercedes Dealership, or Autohaus. But I must say, AssenheimerMullfinger is a name that rolls around the tongue in a very satisfying manner.
    Black Falcon Motorsports is a racing company that takes on and trains customers interested in getting into sports car racing. A quote from the “First Steps” section on their website -
    “Starting with the Porsche 981 Cayman, the choice of your vehicle can be stepped up with your driving skills until one day you might find yourself behind the wheel of a thoroughbred race car like the Porsche 991 GT3 CUP or the AMG GT3.”
    No mention of price…, so as the saying goes, “If you have to ask, you can’t afford it!”

[​IMG]

Spa!
    Seven kilometres of rollercoaster fun!
    For free!
    The very interesting comments from Sissydriver last week about the comparable performance between PC and console are played out here. It is very easy to lose the back end in places, and through the faster turns the lack of feel makes turn in steering angle pure guesswork. Luckily we all all familiar with Spa and that track experience helps hugely. We could do with a shorter ratio gearbox though.
    So, pick your target, take on the Pros in the No.4 car or the Silver-Class No.6 car…..

Last year, the pole sitter was the No.4 car of the Black Falcon Team (see below and Tyres and Times) and the No.6 car qualified 47th out of 70. In the race, the No.4 car finished 3rd with 363 laps, behind a pair of 911 GT3 Rs and the No.6 car gained twenty three places, to finish 24th after 358 laps.

Quali Hotlap
    - Pro-Class - 2:19.231
    - Silver-Class - 2:21.095
    Race lap time (at 12hrs) HotStint
    - Pro-Class - 2:20.925
    - Silver-Class - 2:22.395

Tyres and Times?

For Assetto Corsa
    Recommended tyre pressure
    Porsche Cayman S: Semi Slicks - 30 front, 32 rear.
    Porsche Boxster S PDK: Semi Slicks - 30 front, 32 rear

RSR
    Porsche Boxster S PDK: WR by HeyZeusss666 2.02.748
    Porsche Cayman S: WR by Charles Holden 2.02.224

For A.C.Competizione
    Recommended tyre pressure is around 27.5 psi (hot.)
    In 2019 the number 4 car Mercedes-AMG GT3 of Team Black Falcon qualified on pole with a three lap average time of 2:19.570. The best lap was a 2:19.231.
    No.6, The Silver Driver Class car qualified 47th with an average of 2:21.896 and a best lap of 2:21.095.

☆☆PLEASE NOTE: WHC 191 IS STILL OPEN UNTIL 18:00 (GMT+1) TOMORROW. ☆☆
    ---------------------------------------------------
    Assetto Corsa Challenge - How to take part:
    To enter the Assetto Corsa Challenge, select Hotlap, choose the …… and the ….. Circuit

Please setup the session as shown below:
    Mode: Hotlap
    Ambient Temp: 26 Degrees
    Setup: Time of day: Free / Controller: Free / Assists: Free / Stability: Free
    To qualify you must have the ambient temp set to 26 DegC.

-----------------------------

Assetto Corsa Competizione Challenge Challenge - How to take part:

PC players can enter both the Hotstint Challenge and the Hotlap Challenges using the Hotstint session.
    Please make a separate post for each challenge.
    For Hotstint, we will need to see the number of laps and time for those laps
    For Hotlap, please show your fastest lap in the Hotstint session.
    Console players are unable to see the individual lap times so will need to set up and drive both Hotstint and Hotlap sessions separately.

10 Min. Hotstint and, or Hotlap *
    Car: Mercedes AMG GT3 2015
    Track: Spa Francochamps
    WEATHER SETTINGS:
    CUSTOM
    DYNAMIC WEATHER: ENABLED
    VARIABILITY 100%
    CLOUD: 0%
    TEMP 25c
    [​IMG]
    The weather settings can be individually selected, please set up your ACC challenge as above.

In Single Player:
    1. Choose the Mercedes AMG GT3 (2015)
    2. Select Hotstint (or Hotlap)
    3. Select 18:00
    4. Select the Spa Francochamps Circuit
    5. On the Weather options, select CUSTOM
    6. Select – DYNAMIC, 100% VARIABLE
    7. RANDOM disabled
    8. Track Grip at: Optimum
    9. Wetness/ Standing water at: 0%

The screen shot required to enter your time is in Timetables at the end of the session.
    Realism and Assist Settings are up to you. Ideally, please use PRO

POSTING FORMAT:

For ease of admin, please use the following format to post your times to be included on the leader boards:

Challenge – AC or ACC
    Improvement (Only required if you have already posted a time)
    Your name (as you would like it to appear on the leaderboard)
    Your time - shown as x.xx.xxx. (This week it is your fastest lap)
    For ACC Hotstint – Number of Laps
    Your platform (PC Xb1 PS4)
    The screen shot showing your time.
    (Optional but in the spirit) Your thoughts or any comment
    Please post video clips and share information here as well.

You can run as many laps as you can manage and update your times as often as you like. It is all about taking part, pushing yourself and enjoying Assetto Corsa and Competizione. All Platforms are welcome. To submit a time, pause the game and select 'session' from the menu and screenshot this page or take a photo of your screen and post it in this thread - Note all the information from the screen is required including temperature, mode heading (Hotlap) and of course the car being used!

Deadline: Sunday 23rd August 2020
    Chequered Flag will drop shortly before 6pm.

Last edited: Aug 15, 2020

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge 276 Jun 11, 2022
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge 275 Jun 4, 2022
    Chit Chat Room Weekly Hotlap Challenge May 21, 2022
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge 274 May 21, 2022
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge 273 May 14, 2022
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge #272 May 1, 2022
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge 271 Apr 26, 2022
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge #262 Jan 29, 2022
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge #261 Jan 22, 2022
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge #260 Jan 15, 2022
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge #259 Jan 8, 2022
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge #258 Jan 1, 2022
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge #257 Dec 27, 2021
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge #256 Dec 18, 2021
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge #255 Dec 11, 2021

3. Tony212

Tony212 Racer

Really happy to see that AC combo. Never really lapped Imola much since a bike game about a decade ago, great track for sure.

Not having time to learn everything F1 and awaiting an update on ACC was painstaking this past week, but I have some new customization options now that I downloaded Ghub. (and got a minor education in computer stuff)

At least I know what I'm doing tonight now. :)

4. sissydriver

sissydriver Alien

for ACC cloud and temperature are free selectable?

5. ACC Challenge
    The psycho-pastel Falcon:
    upload_2020-8-15_21-8-3.png
    WEATHER:
    Select CUSTOM and enable DYNAMIC at 100% VARIABLE
    (On console, that disables all the weather settings.)

In testing, for me it was sunny all the way.

Peggy11 and Pretend racer like this.
  6. I've gone out on a limb with this one!:rolleyes:

@sissydriver - with the settings as above, are you able to set temp and cloud on PC?

Peggy11, Pretend racer and Neilski like this.
  7. sissydriver

sissydriver Alien

weather.jpg

If random is deactivated i could choose temp and cloud, when its activated not

8. Pretend racer

I think I have edited the first post correctly now. Let me know if I need to correct anything else!

Peggy11, Totall Wrytoff and Neilski like this.
  9. Rod100

Rod100 Hardcore Simmer

AC
    Rod100
    2.07.631 (718 Cayman S)
    Xbox1

Ahhh, just wheel, pedals and shifter. Today I tried a 2nd session on the f1 and couldn't improve, I was feeling like a track version of Rick Wakeman with all those keys to press.

On the Cayman, I used standard settings, changed only tire pressures to 24 front and 26 rear (cold) to reach recommended pressure on track. A lot yet to improve.

Imola always makes me remember this Barrichello's crash in 1994:

As usual, great intro. Thanks, TW.[​IMG]

Sent from my ASUS_Z012DC using Tapatalk

10. CLARIFICATION:
    Assetto Corsa Competizione – "A psycho pastel falcon stoops at the Ardennes Rollercoaster"

WEATHER SETTINGS:

CUSTOM
    DYNAMIC WEATHER: ENABLED
    VARIABILITY 100%
    CLOUD: 0%
    TEMP 25c
    upload_2020-8-15_21-42-57.png

Apologies, the weather settings can be individually selected, please set up your ACC challenge as above.:)

11. Rod100

Rod100 Hardcore Simmer

Peggy11, Lewisxbone, Neilski and 2 others like this.
  12. Graveltrap

Graveltrap Alien

AC
    Graveltrap
    Cayman S
    2:02.098
    PC

WHC_192-Run_1.jpg

Quick go before British Gt kicks off, car feels like it is lacking in grip likes to over and understeer, sometimes at the same time, plus side is that its a H-pattern, oh I ****ing hate astro turf!!!

Need to figure out how to install RSR I guess...

13. GoodGame.eXistenZ

GoodGame.eXistenZ Hardcore Simmer

After a small vacation I had to get used to AC for 30mins or so before being able to do any laptimes :D Driving is still the best practice... The difference between the Cayman and the Boxster is the top speed. I see you were doing great WHC competitions in the meantime :)
    So, my Simucube 2 Pro DD wheel base has arrived. The only thing missing now is my rig by Sim-lab :(

AC Porsche Cayman S
    GoodGame.eXistenZ
    1:59:893
    PC
    [​IMG]
    Video:

AC Porsche Boxster S PDK
    GoodGame.eXistenZ
    2:00:529 (laptime is AC invalid, but RSR valid, so what does count?)
    PC
    [​IMG]
    Video:

14. Peggy11

Peggy11 Hardcore Simmer

Peggy11
    AC
    Cayman S
    2:04:815
    PC

Cayman 718 s.png

First time in the rig for a couple of weeks, first time on AC for 3 weeks, that's my excuse anyway :D

15. ***Stewards' Office***

@GoodGame.eXistenZ
    My feeling is that your lap in the Boxster is INVALID.
    Sorry!:eek:
    Two reasons:
    1. Regulations - Technically you need a game screenshot/ vid frame to enter.
    2. Much more importantly, fairness. If a console player was to do that lap, it would not be allowed.

Having looked at your vid, I think the lap was invalidated on the exit of the final chicane Turn 12. In console, if you take almost any kerb at all, it disqualifies.

However, it is @Pretend racer 's event, so he's the boss and has final say!

16. GoodGame.eXistenZ

Fair enough - I never understood why there are differences in the track limits with RSR / AC. So, here a valid lap (lost 2 tenths through the first chicane):

AC Boxster S
    GoodGame.eXsitenZ
    PC
    2:00:447

[​IMG]

17. Pretend racer

Thank you to @GoodGame.eXistenZ and @Totall Wrytoff for being able to discuss the issue of track limits like adults should and coming to a fair and reasonable resolution. We are, afterall, here just to have fun and learn about everything to do with AC. That's more important than where we end up on the WHC scoreboard. Internet points aren't worth anything IRL...

I tip my hat to both of you, Sirs!

Neilski, Peggy11, Lewisxbone and 4 others like this.
  18. Pretend racer

Neilski, Peggy11, Lewisxbone and 2 others like this.
  19. Graveltrap

Graveltrap Alien

Improvement
    AC
    Graveltrap
    Cayman S
    2:01.892
    PC

WHC_192_run_2.jpg

RSR track limits seem to be tighter, is that right? I already want to punch the chaps lights out that keeps telling me my laps are invalid :mad: I really need to switch that off!!o_O

20. sissydriver

sissydriver Alien

ACC
    Sissydriver
    PC
    5Laps

Panda says: "No". :eek:

whc 192 1jpg (3).jpg

First laps complete crap....o_O

whc 192 1jpg.jpg

whc 192 2jpg.jpg

need bamboo to soothe the panda :cool:

Edit: Second attempt Wind 12km/h, now wanted try once more - wind 49 km/h - huh -
    the times are then not comparable. is that intended?

21. GoodGame.eXistenZ

Not necessarily. For Imola I found the AC limits to be more strict. But that really depends on the track, sometimes it is the other way around.