1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

DOCS ACC Shared Memory Documentation

Discussion in 'ACC Blog' started by Fernando Barbarossa, Aug 28, 2019.

1. WallyM

WallyM Alien

What use is steerAngle being -1 to 1? How do you know how many degrees of rotation that equates to if you don't know the car's steering lock?

RadstaR likes this.
  2. XzzDSA

XzzDSA Racer

With all of the talk about values that should be and more important SHOULDN'T be accessible in telemetry. Like live tyre-wear and so on. Why does the following entry in the shared memory, exist?

"float surfaceGrip | Ideal line friction coefficient".

Driving a race and having a number that says the track is however much grippy, in exact numbers seem a little much. IMO.
    Could game the hell out of that data in changing conditions especially.

3. Tom Shane

Tom Shane Racer

Can we have updated docs or at least updated car IDs? Thanks.

4. Ensi Ferrum

Ensi Ferrum Racer

Updated Document should be ready around friday.
    Have a lot to do IRL, so I am not up to date currently.
    Just have to recheck some values.

Here's what new :

SPageFilePhysics
    • int ignitionOn
      Ignition switch set to on?
    • int starterEngineOn
      Starter Switch set to on?
    • int isEngineRunning
      Engine running?
    • float kerbVibration
      vibrations sent to the FFB, could be used for motion rigs
    • float slipVibrations
    • float gVibrations
    • float absVibrations
    SPageFileGraphics
    • int directionLightsLeft
      Is Blinker left on
    • int directionLightsRight
      Is Blinker right on
    GT4 Car Ids

• Alpine A110 GT4 2018
      alpine_a110_gt4
    • Aston Martin Vantage AMR GT4 2018
      amr_v8_vantage_gt4
    • Audi R8 LMS GT4 2016
      audi_r8_gt4
    • BMW M4 GT42 018
      bmw_m4_gt4
    • Chevrolet Camaro GT4 R 2017
      chevrolet_camaro_gt4r
    • Ginetta G55 GT4 2012
      ginetta_g55_gt4
    • Ktm Xbow GT4 2016
      ktm_xbow_gt4
    • Maserati Gran Turismo MC GT4 2016
      maserati_mc_gt4
    • McLaren 570s GT4 2016
      mclaren_570s_gt4
    • Mercedes AMG GT4 2016
      mercedes_amg_gt4
    • Porsche 718 Cayman GT4 MR 2019
      porsche_718_cayman_gt4_mr

..LeRenard!, RadstaR, AndyK70 and 5 others like this.
  5. Ensi Ferrum

Ensi Ferrum Racer

New Documentation is up, see the first post.

RadstaR likes this.
  6. RadstaR

RadstaR Rookie

Good Work, but ... in SPageFileGraphic is missing:
    float iClock // Time of day in milliseconds
    after int missingMandatoryPits and before int directionLightsLeft
    (i think)

..LeRenard! and Ensi Ferrum like this.
  7. Ensi Ferrum

Ensi Ferrum Racer

You're absolutely right.
    Last 4 lines of SPageFileGraphic:
    upload_2020-7-17_15-12-1.png

..LeRenard! and RadstaR like this.
  8. jars121

jars121 Rookie

Sorry to derail this thread somewhat, but I'm working with the shared memory telemetry with Assetto Corsa (not Competizione) and can't seem to find a similar discussion thread. Given that much of the shared memory interface is shared across the two titles it may be valid for ACC as well.

Has anyone had any success with the brakeTemp metric? I get a static output of 26.0 for each brake regardless of whether I'm sitting in the pits or out on track. I'm wondering if the brakeTemp output was never actually enabled, or if perhaps only some cars utilise it?

9. ..LeRenard!

..LeRenard! Racer

I am making a simple app for myself to quickly get feedback and monitor status. It'll also send out values to a philips hue on game status (whether I am racing or not, so no one comes barging into my room - green means racing, dark yellow will mean in session/pit stop/pause menu and light off will be simply, come in and disturb me no prob ;-))

But I also want to have the flags in my app, for my other screen, this way I have immediate attention on the situation on track. The docs state the flags (see white screenshot from PDF) have these values which I programmed into an enum for readability. However when reading out I get values like -1002332136 for the yellow flag, and when in pause menu (whilst green flag) I got 1135528555...
    Am I doing something wrong when reading out? Has something changed?
    I'm using an older library though for ease of use, and maybe I should scrap that as I fear it isn't working and just program the readouts from scratch.
    Anyone has had that issue too?

upload_2020-8-4_17-31-46.png

10. ..LeRenard!

..LeRenard! Racer

EDIT: never mind, messed up my sequential layout in the struct, it's all fine now :)...
    The memory PageFiles are still active though after the game ends, so a bit of magic with processes that are running is necessary to do certain stuff...

11. ..LeRenard!

..LeRenard! Racer

Any C#-ies in here who have experience with marshalling?
    Check https://stackoverflow.com/questions...struct?noredirect=1#comment111876504_63267351 (this has to do with the graphicspagefile).
    I now "skip" this so I can read the rest of the the data, as I don't need it for my application. But if it would be needed in the future, I guess with the current float[,] the Marshaller wouldn't be able to know where to put the values...
    Anyone knows how I can improve this for future use?

upload_2020-8-5_17-9-30.png

12. Doug Duthie

Doug Duthie Hardcore Simmer

This is what I do...
    Code:
            public ACCPosition[] carCoordinates;
            [MarshalAs(UnmanagedType.ByValArray, SizeConst = 60)]
    Code:
        [Serializable]
        [StructLayout(LayoutKind.Sequential, Pack = 4)]
        public struct ACCPosition
        {
            public float xPos;
            public float yPos;
            public float zPos;
        }

..LeRenard! likes this.
  13. Mattze

Mattze Gamer

@Ensi Ferrum Is there a reason why the inner, middle, outer tire temperature is not shared via API? In contrast to AC1 we only have the core temperature, as far as I can see.

14. ..LeRenard!

..LeRenard! Racer

Thanks, I eventually figured it out thanks to Zach of RacingSimTools - but this confirms it extra.
    Learned sth new I don't use at work, always nice :). Do you interact with the UDP interface as well, or only shared memory?

15. ..LeRenard!

..LeRenard! Racer

Thanks for your detailed notes and keeping things up to date while IRL is busy it seems.
    Any chance you or others happen to know what these values mean for the penalties?

ACC_DISQUALIFIED_TROLLING = 15,
    ACC_DISQUALIFIED_PITENTRY = 16,
    ACC_DISQUALIFIED_PITEXIT = 17

PitExit and PitEntry, is that crossing the line?
    Trolling, is that driving slowly or...? :)

Maybe @Aristotelis knows more about these values?

16. Doug Duthie

I mainly use UDP but use shared memory to fill in the gaps that you can't get from UDP (session change, player car tyre temp, pressure, fuel, damage etc)

..LeRenard! likes this.
  17. Jim Britton

Jim Britton Hardcore Simmer

guys, does anyone have any documentation that defines the UDP broadcast data's CarModelEnum? For the race opponents there's no car class information (car model name or car class name), just this enum (which is just an integer). Unfortunately I can't seem to find any documentation that maps the enum values to the corresponding car models. Is this written down anywhere?

18. Doug Duthie

Hi Jim,
    Here you go

upload_2020-9-1_11-15-4.png

19. Jim Britton

Jim Britton Hardcore Simmer

thanks Doug

[edit]

quick question about these classes - is the Huracan ST in the same class as the GT3 cars or is it a single make class?

Last edited: Sep 1, 2020
  20. Doug Duthie

Super Trofeo is a single make class

Jim Britton likes this.