1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Who's at Fault? - Discussing Racecraft and Incidents

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by m_box97, Jan 15, 2020.

1. LATE4APEX

LATE4APEX Alien

Its really just that simple,... "thou shall NOT run into the back of another car".

It doesn't matter if,... "I misjudged", or "the other car was going a little slower than me", "the other car was off the racing line", "I didn't think he was going there", "I should have waited for the next corner",... etc. etc. etc.

Does NOT cancel/remove the blame.

Winston, AndyK70, Snoeipaard and 2 others like this.
  2. Guidofoc

Guidofoc Alien

It's not ok Phil, of course not. But in the end what matters is that you will be hit and that crash may ruin your race, and it does not matter that you're right and he's wrong. In the case of Bentley hitting Lambo on exit of Nurburgring T1 I just said that in racing you need to be predictable and leave enough space, which means that if you defend too much people will hit you. Their mistake but you could have prevented it.

3. Snoeipaard

Snoeipaard Racer

Ahum, as I do understand what you are trying to say, this thread is actually called "Who's at fault?". So, it really DOES matter who's wrong. It's the whole point of this thread. o_O

LATE4APEX and AndyK70 like this.
  4. Felge Schneider

Felge Schneider Hardcore Simmer

To be fair, the Bentleys move was a thing, that is very risky in public lobbies, because you cant rely on your opponent and don't know, how experienced he is.

5. Turk

Turk Alien

There's fault and then there's avoiding incidents. If a drivers actions lead to a crash that causes damage to the car and therefore knocks a second of the cars lap time, it doesn't really matter that technically the other guy was at fault. You've still lost that speed. In the second video the marshals would say the Bentely was at fault, but in the real world the team manager would probably have a lot of stern words for the driver of the Lambo, because he could have done a better job of ensuring that collision never happened in the first place.

It's basically a case of live and learn and we can all learn from these incidents. The risk sometimes isn't worth the reward.

Odbball, AndyK70 and Snoeipaard like this.
  6. Snoeipaard

Snoeipaard Racer

100% agree with this explenation. Too bad, some people never learn though.

7. PhilS13

PhilS13 Alien

It matters when people are talking about videos in an allegedly educational thread. Imagine the poor kid who actually has no clue, trying to learn, reading here half the people defend an absolutely brainded punt because the guy in front "didn't do everything he could have done to avoid". Please.

This goes for the experienced people going on public lobbies btw. Long term, there is a benefit to getting hit by idiots and educate some. If all the good drivers are constantly dodging ignorants and their screwups how are they supposed to improve?

8. TurboTomato

TurboTomato Gamer

Here we go, first time for you to analyse an incident from this evening. I'm in the grey 911. The video title is a quote taken from the chat window so I think you know who the other driver thinks is at fault.

9. TurboTomato

TurboTomato Gamer

Just to add, I believe that I'm not entirely without fault but I think the blame overall doesn't lie with me.

10. Neilski

Neilski Alien

Just to check, Phil: I think (hope) you wouldn't say that the driver behind is at fault for hitting someone in all cases - for example someone who brakes way too much into a corner and catches the following driver by surprise?
    Nah, that's a no-brainer - the other guy is in my view 100% to blame for that. He's very slow and (thus) probably inexperienced though.

11. mike reynolds

mike reynolds Hardcore Simmer

The crash was his fault IMO, you were on the outside, were well ahead and he could of (should of) backed off at that point....although in his defence he was probably a bit peeved from having to take evasive action from your earlier dive bomb which was a bit unnecessary!

After_Midnight likes this.
  12. TurboTomato

TurboTomato Gamer

Not sure it was a total dive bomb as I backed out and wasn't alongside him at all. I wanted to show him my nose (which I'd already done at Pouhon) and rattle him. That worked as his subsequent line through the second bit of Les Fagnes set up my move. It was an 18 minute public server race, I was being a little less circumspect.

13. Turk

Turk Alien

No need for him to drive into you like that, easy one for him to avoid.

14. mike reynolds

mike reynolds Hardcore Simmer

I know, it was fair enough really as you were in control of the situation, he wasn't to know you weren't about to stick it up the inside though so it may have contributed to his subsequent behaviour!

It goes to show why trust in your opponent is such a key factor in good racing

15. GONKO

GONKO Racer

You can't tell due to inexperience. This is racing.!its a dance, it has an element of unpredictability.
    There was no movement in the braking zone. I moved, then braked, which i am well entitled to do. Braking while moving like this would have lost control. Again, its just your inexperience showing so no big deal.
    The last point about forming expectations.....stick to racing AI if predictable drivers is all you are skilled to race. Why would I make it easy for the following car?
    The following car should expect unpredictable, but fair defending. If they cannot cope with that, or are not skilled to do this, there is a nice offline career mode to play, where drivers are predictable and will yield to most attacks. Against humans, humans can recover mid corner, forcing the follower to back off....or at least it should.

If you can't pass clean,don't pass.

16. GONKO

GONKO Racer

You overtook and won the corner. He should have given it up. Such poor driving from the black car.

17. bhowe83

bhowe83 Racer

Ahh of course it's gonko, didn't bother to look at who posted earlier. If you're just going to get mad and call everybody who posts anything that is critical of you an inexperienced noob I don't know why you bother posting. I'm not going to get into the inexperienced noob name calling debate, but I'll just let you know I have 10+ years of sim experience.

But honestly with how many incidents you're involved in at some point you have to ask yourself why you're always in wrecks. I know you're an infallible professional driver but you also have to remember you're racing in a server of drivers who are amateur at best. There's no need to make erratic desperation moves, especially if you can't make the corner when you do which you did in both clips. The audi in the first clip was already braking as hard as could before the first contact, at that point if you park it in front of him there's not much they can do.

chksix, Snoeipaard, sadi and 3 others like this.
  18. Winston

Winston Hardcore Simmer

The other guys fault no question he knew you were there and left room initially then just accelerated out of the corner making no allowance for you despite having a good view of you.

19. TurboTomato

TurboTomato Gamer

It's not like I didn't leave him room as well, I left plenty of room on the inside. Had I been a fraction left I would have got a track limits warning.

20. audi's fault in the first and bentley in the second, that's not crossing lines lol

Snoeipaard likes this.