1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Discussing GT4 in ACC

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by GONKO, Jul 21, 2020.

1. Infectonator

Infectonator Racer

Well boys n girls I get the impression my arms get more tired from GT4 races than GT3.

The struggle with the car especially on brake-in is killing my wrists haha.

FriendOfJah likes this.
  2. Glk73

Glk73 Rookie

Me the same.

Infectonator likes this.
  3. Rogue Leader

Rogue Leader Hardcore Simmer

That Sparco ACC T-shirt Aris has on is awesome. Wish I could buy one.

And I agree the GT4 cars definitely wear me out a bit more, you're definitely working harder.

Infectonator likes this.
  4. kirk heath

kirk heath Gamer

Can't say I have noticed in the R8, whether that's because you need to be smooth or not I don't know. Definitely needs more from the driver to get more out of it.

5. bondyboy

bondyboy Alien

Now you mention it I have hurt my wrists a couple of times recently on the DD wheel and it's never happened before, both times it did I was driving GT4 :oops:

6. lordpatou

lordpatou Simracer

Hey guys, i'm looking for the optimal pressure for wet tires. Search tool didn't help me.
    Do one of you know the Magic number ;)

7. AndyK70

AndyK70 Alien

sweet spot should be at 30.0

8. Rogue Leader

Sadly when I play in the evenings now in the US (around 11 pm to 1 am EST) I am not finding any GT4 servers with more than a handful of people in them :(

FriendOfJah likes this.
  9. Blind Jesus

Blind Jesus Rookie

Yea, it's super unfortunate. The GT4s offer so much better wheel to wheel racing than gt3, but there was only ONE server open last night with more than 5 people and it was at Paul Ricard-_-.

I think Kunos should take a page out of some other racing games' book in regard to the DLC; One GT4 car should be available to everyone for free, it would allow for drivers to test it out and still not split the community up.

broadappeal and FriendOfJah like this.
  10. Rogue Leader

Oh my god Paul Ricard, You could take a nap on the back straight in a GT4

broadappeal, FriendOfJah and NemethR like this.
  11. NemethR

NemethR Hardcore Simmer

That is why in Real Life they use the 1C-V2 version of the track with the "Nord Chicane".
    (The version in the game is the: 1A-V2)

Rogue Leader likes this.
  12. Andy-R

Andy-R Alien

I picked up this game last night and am trying to get up to speed in the GT4s, focusing only on Brands in AM for now. I have a target to aim at from a YT video of low 1:30's but I'm stuck at low 1:31's and cant seem to improve further for the moment. Anyone got any setup or driving tips for that car/track? ...I'll hide an onboard in a spoiler below.
    Also while I''m asking questions is there info knocking about for the rating stuff? I cant find anything ingame or by a quick search of the sticky threads here. I didnt even notice that was active in my first practice session for a while and struggled to read some of the info top right in VR, I think I might be starting out on the back foot :p

13. Want2BFast

Want2BFast Racer

14. timkoul

timkoul Rookie

Hi,
    I'd also apreciate some help here, same car and track. I am at a more hopeless situation, managing only high 34s ....
    How to setup, what's the logic, how to make the car turn. It doesn't want to turn in....

Andy-R likes this.
  15. FriendOfJah

FriendOfJah Racer

I agree that the lack of GT4 races on the servers is disheartening. For me with my disability, the GT4 cars have made ACC playable again. I just don’t have the fine motor skills needed to race the GT3 cars flat out.

I’m currently renting a 16 slot ACC server. I’m hoping to announce a new free league for drivers with physical disabilities very soon. I’m working on the league rules and such currently. I’ll need to setup a website too. I have zero skills in this regard. I’ve heard SquareSpace is supposed to be good. I know this is off topic, but any suggestions in this regard would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Roger

juaaan90 and Thomas Cameron like this.
  16. RDGNL

RDGNL Simracer

I don't see that many multiclass public lobbies either :(

Hopefully @kunos manages to improve the AI so that we can have multi class racing with a full grid :D

17. Andy-R

Andy-R Alien

Yeah understeer and driver aid management seem to be the main things I'm struggling with also, understeer on exit troubling me as much as entry. I feel like the aggressive setup isn't aggressive enough but not sure how to make it do what I want :p More rear ARB helped a little, I think when the car just plows straight on it is from leaning too heavily on the abs? I can't feel much difference using abs settings 1-3 tbh. Overall I really like the feel of driving though, it does feel like a big improvement over AC and the sounds are very good indeed.

18. LATE4APEX

LATE4APEX Alien

Don't want to appear to be an "expert" here Andy. but how you apply the throttle when turning in, makes huge difference on turn on understeer.

To start with, try dropping the throttle, turn in, then apply throttle when appropriate.

I run 0 front ARB on the front, and max, I think 2, on the rear, and TC and ABS both at 1 on the GT4 Camaro I am currently enjoying.

19. Andy-R

Andy-R Alien

Expert or non expert help useful :) I am currently using 1 front arb and 2 rear I think, I will try reducing front to 0. I'm not sure I follow regarding throttle, is it something you are seeing from my onboard or just a general comment?

20. LATE4APEX

LATE4APEX Alien

I didn't see your onboard video, it was just a general comment about the throttle, you could very well be doing what I suggested now.

Andy-R likes this.