1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Assetto Corsa Competizione - 2020 Generic discussion

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by dave967, Oct 22, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. F4celess

F4celess Gamer

Essentially they'll cash in on engine licensing with AMS2, pleasing the sim crowd in the process. And can now focus on the much larger arcade crowd instead. That's my take anyway.

2. mike reynolds

mike reynolds Hardcore Simmer

Not a bad strategy TBH, AMS2 is shaping up OK so far

3. SimGuy_1

SimGuy_1 Alien

How is AMS 2 though? I'm asking because from videos and steam reviews i got impressions that cars are way too easy.

4. mike reynolds

mike reynolds Hardcore Simmer

It's fun...I'm not too sure on the "simulation value", but I like driving the older/lower powered open wheelers and prototypes, and it has some cool tracks, looks decent and runs well. FFB is different to AC/ACC but pretty good in it's own way.

I'm never gonna deep dive into it (I think the only changes i've made on a set up is the fuel!) but is a change from AC/ACC when I want some casual racing against the AI or a bit of hotlapping

tlsmikey and SimGuy_1 like this.
  5. SimGuy_1

SimGuy_1 Alien

I see, thanks for comment. I gave up on casual driving game long time ago.
    If i smell little bit of too much arcady vibe that thing is a straight refund from me.
    looks like ACC and RF2 are still on top(iracing looking good as well if only they allow one time offline only purchase)

Mogster likes this.
  6. rikirk

rikirk Racer

Back with ACC, are the developers working on the collision model for the next release?

I understand that better AI might be a priority for cash cow consoles, but is it time to reward the hardcore ACC fans with a solution for the perennial T1 problem?

It's ridiculous that almost every time dozen of hours in preparation for an endurance race are compromised in the first 30 seconds, just for the unavoidable and almost necessary gentle touch.

That little corner of the rear bumper is to me ACC Achilles' heel.

I know there was a patch already, recognizing the issue, but we are still too far away from any "simulation", specially considering how all the other comparable products behave in this regard.

7. TurboTomato

TurboTomato Gamer

I squeezed a Bentley a little too far last night at Lesmo 2 at Monza (not deliberately, of course) resulting in a small side-by-side tap. I was happy to see that it had pretty much no effect on either of us, and no SA warning came up either.

8. Unf

Unf Racer

Sorry for silly question but... are CP races ALWAYS during night? I have participated twice on CP races so far and each time it was race during night... coincidence? :)

9. De Breuk

De Breuk Racer

Yes.

10. PLebre

PLebre Hardcore Simmer

To me the collision physics look realistic. Sometimes when some one had a bad connection, the position of the cars can be erratic and induce a false collision energy.
    About the AI, I think there's nothing that reach even close at Playstation and Xbox.
    Of course there's always space to improve.

11. Cesare_RS

Cesare_RS Rookie

I came here just to say the same thing. Days ago I did some very tense and funny multi-player racing BUT.... I don't remember if it was Monza or Nurburing but i was going so slow that almost came to a stop to avoid any contact...still I've touched the bumper of the guy in front of me (i was bottled with nowhere to go) and he spun! I felt sorry but I can't really undestrand how it happened, we were almost stationary! And that happened to other players too. Later on that happened to myself: I didn't feel any kind of hit or sound but I spun because someone touched me in the back as I did before. (I wasn't even accelerating). I know that this game promotes clean racing but if a car spun like a shopping cart it's quite annoying! I mean, some bump to bump racing should be allowed.

Another thing that I've noticed is that in monza some players cuts the first chicane straight away on their outlap but if you go out of the track limits on your timed laps just by an inch without gaining any time your lap is invalidated, bit unfair.

Inviato dal mio ANE-LX1 utilizzando Tapatalk

12. Winston

Winston Hardcore Simmer

Isn't the likelihood of spinning highly influenced by how close to the limit of grip you are regardless of speed.
    As an explanation, if you brake hard ,the ABS has kicked in and consequently you are on the limit of adhesion at say 30 mph, a small off centre tap on the rear is going to make a spin quite probable I would have thought.

13. Poloman

Poloman Racer

Have you even seen the 6h at nurbs?
    I get your frustration when after some long hard practice and qualify, but I think cars are already tougher than irl.

14. NemethR

NemethR Hardcore Simmer

Not always during the night, I would say its around 33% night (or into the night).
    (Based on my expreience)

15. Oxie

Oxie Racer

And that's sort of the problem. In ACC if you lightly touch a car, both cars bounce off each other and possibly spin. IRL if two cars touch lightly, parts of the chassis bend, bits and pieces fall off, but the cars don't bounce off each other as much.

In the recent IRL Nürburging race, a Bentley rear-ended a Lambo into the last turn. The Bentley lost its headlight and a large chunk of the front, but both cars stayed on the track without any difficulty. In ACC, the Lambo would almost surely end up facing the wrong way, the Bentley possibly too – though the Bentley would probably have far less damage.

LukFry, chksix, Mickipepsi and 3 others like this.
  16. rikirk

rikirk Racer

Thank you Oxie for chiming in.

My only intent is to understand if the developers are going one step further in the realism, addressing that rear bumper corner weaknesses.

It's something that would make many in the racing community very happy.

17. NemethR

NemethR Hardcore Simmer

I am sure, if they can, they will.
    I do not know what the limitations of the Physics Engine are.

18. LATE4APEX

LATE4APEX Alien

My experience is that whether or not a car(s) going spinning off after contact, seems to depend a lot on what state the car(s) are in when this happens.
    If one or both are on the very edge of traction, they are more likely to go spinning off.
    But if the car(s) have a lot of adhesion left, not so likely to happen.

I have felt bumps from behind, and am able to maintain control, other times as I pointed out, off I go.

Edit: As far as parts falling off, I would think that that would mean taking a pretty good performance hit, with no real racing benefit, so I can go without that.

Last edited: Sep 9, 2020
  19. azzah

azzah Simracer

As far as I understand, "parts falling off the car" is a tricky thing to license and we probably won't get that in ACC.
    So it seems unlikely to me that you'll be able to recreate last weekends Bentley-on-Lambo action, as spectacular as it looked.

AndyK70 likes this.
  20. chksix

chksix Hardcore Simmer

Perhaps it's possible to build a bit of damping in the cars mathematical box? It won't deform but will merge with the colliding cars box at a softer value than the current hard corners we seem to have.

rikirk, kamkie, LukFry and 2 others like this.