1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

New hardware; low FPS..?

Discussion in 'ACC Hardware Discussions' started by Coanda, Sep 25, 2020.

1. Coanda

Coanda Alien

I recently upgraded my CPU, MB and Memory (see signature) for some go fast bits..

Mobile users: i9 10850K 10/20, 32GB 3800 CL14

I am doing some stress testing and trying to understand why I do not receive for more FPS. I am testing my ultimate ACC scenario; 50 Ai at night with rain at Spa.. This test is during the day time so my PC room is a balmy 35 degrees therefore a couple of cores are running warmer than usual however nowhere near thermal throttling whilst running at 5Ghz. My ACC test setting are set with a resolution scale of 100% with all settings on Epic/High.

As you can see from the video and monitored stats my GPU is only running at 50-60% and the bulk of the CPU work is mainly being done on 4 cores/threads.. I could be way wrong here however I vaguely remember Stefano @kunos saying in one of his Ai streams that ACC try's to use half your core/thread count +1..

The FPS is running between 55-70 and regularly dipping under 60 FPS. Why is that and does this look normal to you..?

ACC_CPU_Stress_Test.jpg

Add: Last night I tested the same scenario however with 36 Ai, VSync and Screen resolution of 150%. The GPU was stressed more and mainly ran in the 80-90% range. It could maintain 60 FPS for the race start except for ER, No Name corner & Bus Stop. Often it would drop 5-15 FPS through these corners early in the race. When doing so I noticed the GPU went up to 92-95% load. I assume I am GPU limited here.

Last edited: Sep 25, 2020
    Cirith Ungol likes this.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Low FPS with newer hardware Jun 30, 2017
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Low hardware usage - rift/radeon Feb 19, 2015
    Graphics and Models/Tracks Bugs & Issues Some really low hardware requests Jun 4, 2014
    ACC Hardware Discussions [Suggestion] additional eye tracking hardware. Apr 27, 2023
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions It depends on the hardware Jan 7, 2022
    ACC Virtual Reality HP G2 necessary Hardware Oct 5, 2021
    Chit Chat Room Help for a beginner sim set up (hardware) Sep 6, 2021
    ACC Troubleshooting Fatal error [potential CPU/RAM OC complication or RAM hardware issue] May 15, 2021
    ACC Troubleshooting UE4 fatal error [wide variery - possible hardware issue] Feb 17, 2021
    Multiplayer Bugs & Issues ACC Server Hardware Requirements Jan 12, 2021
    ACC Virtual Reality Lets benchmark the new hardware for ACC VR Nov 21, 2020
    ACC Gameplay Considering better and better hardware, is more AI possible? Aug 7, 2020
    ACC Troubleshooting UE Crash after last update [OC/hardware memory timing] Jul 20, 2020
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Issue with "Hardware Lock" Jun 13, 2020
    ACC General Discussions ACC Server Hardware Requirements May 3, 2020

3. CPU limited !
    ACC is very hungry with AI.
    Even with such a good CPU, he is not able to deliver enough order to the GPU with 50 AI... So the GPU is waiting for the CPU and not on full load...

4. Coanda

Coanda Alien

Why not allow more usage of available cores and threads..?

5. I don't know, i'm not a Kunos dev...
    I just tried to explain you what is happenning.
    Try with less AI and you will have a more decent GPU usage...

6. Coanda

Coanda Alien

I ran a new test however this time I synced all cores with a x 50 ratio (5Ghz), manual vcore voltage and disabled changed speed step/shift..

The core loads where completely different from the OP. There was smaller oscillations and a lower core load average. The GPU was sitting around 65% and my FPS after the racer start was sitting around 80 FPS which is better.

ACC_CPU_Stress_Test_2.jpg

Last edited: Sep 28, 2020
  7. KillZoneGB

KillZoneGB Simracer

You could try and disable the HT thus increasing by doubling the Cache for each CPU core.

This will also lower the cpu temp.

might be able to increase your memory controllers speed to give you that extra oomph. <---(Be warned this puts extra stress on the CPU memory controler and could lead to problems)

Sorry haven't OC a Processor since I7 4820K.

Coanda likes this.
  8. Coanda

Coanda Alien

Thanks for the HT suggestion. I'll try this and see what happens.. Regarding the memory; they are already running at 3800 CL14 so I am not very comfortable pushing them any further..

KillZoneGB likes this.
  9. FLO 1337

FLO 1337 Rookie

I tried your settings except all at epic and 100% res scale, got basically the same results, 52 to 70fps start of SPA. GPU @ 65% and CPU @ 35%.

Coanda likes this.
  10. Coanda

Coanda Alien

Thanks for the info. I also ran the same test in the OP and our CPU chips should produce very similar gaming results. What I also noticed was, if I exchange night & rain for day & dry the GPU works a little harder. I did not expect that..

11. Coanda

Coanda Alien

@KillZoneGB - I disabled HT. It ran a little better and all 10 cores had good solid load.. Thanks!

It's a little confusing because most people say to leave it on..

KillZoneGB likes this.