1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

BoP Adjustments v1.5.7

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by scalefox, Sep 24, 2020.

Tags:
  1. Dewald Nel

Dewald Nel Hardcore Simmer

....... no thanks.

2. Creegz

Creegz Racer

You're imagining that 100%.

BOP is done by restricting air or fuel into the engine or changing the timing of ignition to match the average pace on a track. So some will get limited and others will get limits removed (where possible). Your road car is heavily restricted to what it can do, pull those restrictions off and it changes considerably. Put an intake and turbo on a (by default) naturally aspirated car and you will see a power increase but at higher elevations, you will lose some of that advantage because the fuel/air mix is not right. Get an ECU tune and the power and efficiency will be improved considerably, tune for different regions/elevations/temperatures and it will be a massive change once again. So restricting fuel or airflow will just change how much the car can do at any given time, heck even just adjusting ignition timings by a few hundredths of a second will serve the same purpose.

TL;DR BOP does not affect the chassis, just the raw output of the engine.

3. Firmi

Firmi Gamer

BoP is also done by adding weight afaik ;)

Elrann likes this.
  4. Mickipepsi

Mickipepsi Rookie

Different cars also have different minimum ride heights to compensate for better aero platforms.

5. Rogue Leader

Rogue Leader Hardcore Simmer

You said "The car is identical" Clearly they changed something about a bunch of the cars, so no, its not identical. It feels different, I've spent 250 hours running this car in this game, also racing cars IRL. It FEELS different to me, so dismiss my opinion that it feels slower with "Its identical" which we know its not, is lame.

No, I'm not. And where did I say the chassis dynamics felt different? I said the car felt different, without giving any specifics.

Thanks for the attempted lesson on vehicle dynamics, however BOP is also adjusted via ballast weight so there goes that. I've been racing cars and building race cars IRL for over 20 years, so again thanks for the "lesson" but I'll stick with how it feels, and the fact the devs literally said they just tweaked the BOP to get the cars closer together.

The Porsche was known to be the fastest in the field at most tracks while hardest to drive. The fact its a touch slower now would completely make sense.

Oh and to the both of you:
    The dev LITERALLY said it was slower. heck you "liked" his post.

Neilski and chksix like this.
  6. pankykapus

pankykapus KS Dev Team Staff Member KS Dev Team

The balancing is done in the narrow area of freedom that we have aside the hard data/BoP that remains locked in place. Some cars are globally affected, some cars only at certain tracks, and some cars in both direction to try to offset some of the inconsistency from track to track, and most importantly, the majority are not affected at all.
    The underlying SRO BoP is not changed, weights, engine restrictors and boost maps have remained as specified, and tyres/setups are not affected at all.

Due to this, it would be impossible to make a changelog that A: is understandable for users and B: without giving out sensitive data.

dek, exited22, David Danser and 18 others like this.
  7. For me its totally fine to not know what exactly has changed. As long as the hard datd/ BoP is still intact, i dont care. Thanks for the clarification @pankykapus .

Elrann, sissydriver and pankykapus like this.
  8. pankykapus

To prove your point, you can now enjoy your final warning before one.

9. Unf

Unf Racer

Of course, threating forum members is very impressing way to build good community. Let's ban me if I don't have permission to say just what I think, creating new account is just 5min work anyway. I bet people like you have a lot of pleasure to use their "power" on computer game's boards... it's so childlish.

Poloman and CatXn like this.
  10. Jonnela

Jonnela Racer

You are the one that is acting very childish lol.

JanR, Freddie Seng, aotto1977 and 6 others like this.
  11. :p

12. Thomas Fun

Thomas Fun Simracer

I see members in this forum even discussing features or new content of competitors in the sim racing market freely, so where exactly is the issue? Just keep the "devs suck" attitude for yourself, or write it on a piece of paper if it bothers you so much.

13. LATE4APEX

LATE4APEX Alien

The "issue",... is neurological.

AndyK70 likes this.
  14. Rogue Leader

Never said the BOP was changed.... no specifics of anything.

People sure do like to assume on this forum.

15. bhowe83

bhowe83 Racer

Is that a challenge? ;);)

16. sissydriver

sissydriver Alien

17. bhowe83

bhowe83 Racer

Also on the topic of BOP, has the overall grip at Bathurst been looked at? I know the Merc did get slowed down, but overall the whole field seemed way too fast. Most cars in the field could lap at 2:00-2:01 second laps in game, with the Merc sub 2:00. It seems in real life the max outright pace was around 2:04 or so for most drivers.

18. sissydriver

sissydriver Alien

bathurst is special cause here is the difference real life / simracing bigger than on other tracks. think bout best lap audi 1.59(58?) - so for me its okay

19. Rogue Leader

The top Quali times this year for the 12 hour were in the low 2:03's but there was someone who did a 1:59 in an Audi in practice I think or something, I'm not sure. Certainly not a speed thats sustainable for more than a lap or two.

20. pankykapus

If you refer to the SimGrid race last weekend, it had around 10 degrees average ambient temps and maximum 20 degrees track temperature (started from 9 degrees in the morning hours), which is pretty much world-record hotlapping temperature, so it was incomparable to the scorching heat that the real-life race usually exhibits. Just set maximum temps in single player and see if you can go near the same laptimes.
    Those high-2:00 and low-2:01s were not quite sustainable for more than a couple of laps per stint, and in double stints easily went up to 2:03-2:04s.

chksix, mikocchio and Creegz like this.