1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Who's at Fault? - Discussing Racecraft and Incidents

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by m_box97, Jan 15, 2020.

1. PhilS13

PhilS13 Alien

tldr last few days : screw the rules just adapt ourselves to the most idiot of all. Cause that's smart racing.

Ok.

Herve De Braekeleer and stp86 like this.
  2. Snoeipaard

Snoeipaard Racer

Tldr? Maybe just not comment then. You are not making any sense here. Nobody has implied anything even close to that you seem to be taking from this.

3. PhilS13

PhilS13 Alien

I must really suck at reading

4. Snoeipaard

Snoeipaard Racer

Not sure about that. Your reading skills might be OK. But it seems like understanding and comprehensing aren't your strongest points though.

Last edited: Oct 10, 2020
  5. LATE4APEX

LATE4APEX Alien

1st he backs up into the racing line, and waits, then he comes straight across the track when rejoining.

Just another idiot with intent, who ruins MP racing.

chksix, AndyK70, David Danser and 2 others like this.
  6. David Danser

David Danser Racer

Nobody said screw the rules, but simply following the rules might get you in more accidents than you would want since knowledge is too limited from other drivers.

be saver than just following the rules, expect the unexpected. It is amateur simracing not a real racing league.

what would you win by crashing but come here afterward to find out it was not your fault.
    you still crashed.

I am always way saver than most drivers, 9/10 times you will pass the reckless drivers later anyway.

7. Great summary :)

Snoeipaard, David Danser and Odbball like this.
  8. stp86

stp86 Rookie

I am still afraid all those words just sound good but lack substance on second sight.
    Ill try it once again, slow and comprehensive this time:

We all, who take racing seriously should learn and follow those rules. We should even spread them. Like here in the Forum or on the racetrack by being a good example.
    They are our foundation for good and clean racing. They are the Basics from where we built up our good racing manners and from where rookies can develop their feeling for the right situation when to overtake and when not.
    And last but not least they are the bottom line of judging who was at fault.

Does it mean you should always insist on your inner line when alongside? NO!
    Does it mean you should always give the inner line when alongside? YES!

So by simply following the rules you will have LESS accidents automatically. I mean thats why they even exist in the first place.

Damn it!

So for the sake of a better online racing i will leave this article here once more. Its a good 5 minutes read.

Racing Etiquette - Written and Unwritten Rules of Racing
    https://www.windingroad.com/articles/blogs/the-road-racers-guide-to-passing-etiquette/

Herve De Braekeleer likes this.
  9. stp86

stp86 Rookie

Going back on topic, knowing the rules its easy:

Silverstone AMG vs McLaren
    AMG had 2 carswith room and turned into McLaren - AMG is at fault

Nurburgring
    1st incident on turn 2: - Audis Fault, no discussion (although i turned in very dangerously and maybe provoked the incident)
    2nd and 3rd: Clearly Ferraris Fault. No "just a racing incident". Clearly was my fault according to the rules, both times.

10. David Danser

David Danser Racer

You are still missing the point, I'll just leave it at this because we are getting to the point that we are going to repeat ourselves.

Snoeipaard and After_Midnight like this.
  11. stp86

stp86 Rookie

the only thing i miss are my apexes ...

Snoeipaard likes this.
  12. I dont know you guys and I dont want to start a fight with this, but this comment won.

13. GONKO

GONKO Racer

First one is poor from both cars. Both drivers know they are deep in the middle of a pack and clearly not playing safe by looking at radar. Just down to inexperience.
    Always keep the car safe.

Second one, audi seemed a little optimistic. Ferrari driver should allow for dives like this up the inside. If ferrari was more to the inside, this dive doesn't happen.
    Again, keep the car safe.

Don't invite moves that will risk the car.
    Think marathon not sprint.
    Poor drivers will crack under pressure anyway and take themselves off.
    Don't oblige them by lending your car as help to their destiny.

14. stp86

stp86 Rookie

you are late to the party @GONKO
    Case closed, but still thx for the input, and iam already trying to defend more active against those risky barge in / dive maneuvers.

David Danser likes this.
  15. Elrann

Elrann Simracer

Yesterday at Monza CP server. Worst player behavior I’ve ever seen in ACC. He , SGT Duffman, was backmarker , I’ve seen (and at the end also heard) that he blocking and pushing out of track faster cars.

I’ve followed him Duffman for few laps hoping that he give me some space somewhere, but he not. So I’ve decided to overtake him regularly and the inferno started. He bumped me in ascari (well, that would be acceptable from my side, it was really dangerous from my side), but then when he did mistake after curva grande , he just try to brake me and when I’ve been on his side, he pushed me to grass and spin himself.

Then he wrote to chat that he repair his car, wait for me and knock me out, which he done two minutes before race end.

I can’t get it out of my head, it was horrible experience and others in chat said that he also tried to bump them when they try to overtake him. I now just worry about that if he will be at CP server again and see me, he just knock me out again.

chksix likes this.

chksix and Elrann like this.
  17. chksix

chksix Hardcore Simmer

Perma ban and blacklists will probably never happen because 505 games don't want to alienate any players. If you bought the game you should be able to use it fully. (Which I don't agree with)
    If you can't behave by racing rules online you must be limited to SP only.

18. baboon

baboon Alien

But are there racing rules? My impression is there are none, everyone is free to do whatever he wants without consequences.

AndyK70 and After_Midnight like this.
  19. Oxie

Oxie Racer

That is correct, yes.

Only possible consequence is that your driver ratings go down, but they're all inconsequential except for SA. And SA is easily gained back, and you don't really lose that much anyway from ramming just one car.

David Danser and After_Midnight like this.
  20. GONKO

GONKO Racer

Just put it out of your head. Losers like this exist as they are crap and slow/not competitive. Some people race properly, learn and become fast. Others get annoyed and jealousy enters their head and they start crashing into people.

David Danser, AndyK70 and Elrann like this.