1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Assetto Corsa Competizione - 2020 Generic discussion

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by dave967, Oct 22, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rogue Leader

Rogue Leader Hardcore Simmer

Its the sim racing equivalent of if you were say playing DOOM and some giant baddie just showed up behind and one hit killed you randomly throughout the game for no reason.

I bought this game to be able to race, not spend my time randomly dealing with crap that happens on my real life race car.

2. LATE4APEX

LATE4APEX Alien

Pit stop video ? :)

Glad you enjoyed that, but neither incident would have brought out a FCC or SC

Last edited: Oct 9, 2020
  3. Serge M

Serge M Alien

We have all this in every sim. It’s called internet outage, power failure, brake pedal failure, PC crash, etc...

Freddie Seng and chksix like this.
  4. Serge M

Serge M Alien

Yeah, that’s what I mean, it’s only handy for a hardcore league that runs full on race control with stewards and such. But there you can just have an entered car that’s deemed the safety car, give it some funky bright livery and happy days :)

As a random thought it may be useful for a server command that the race control guys can use that makes all marshals wave yellows, that way race control can call out full course yellow on discord and just run the command for all marshals on track to wave yellows, once finished another command would reset marshal state back to automatic. Wouldn’t think that’s too much work to add

Last edited: Oct 10, 2020
    AndyK70 likes this.
  5. RDGNL

RDGNL Simracer

I take it the people clamouring for FCY and SC also wear a helmet and HANS system while racing and smash their rig to pieces when they crash for maximum simulation?

chksix likes this.
  6. Serge M

Serge M Alien

You may have jumped a few to many extremes there...

Freddie Seng, stp86, LukFry and 2 others like this.
  7. sissydriver

sissydriver Alien

Maybe i missed something, but the meaning of the discussion is not quite clear to me. The developers have expressed themselves clearly on several occasions: It was thought through, discussed and found to be bad. Or is there any news in this regard?

AndyK70 likes this.
  8. chksix

chksix Hardcore Simmer

A good use of FCY was seen in Aris latest race of 12 hrs Nurb where they used it to prevent crashes and offs due to rejoin lag whenever teams had to rejoin the server.

9. Felge Schneider

Felge Schneider Hardcore Simmer

It is all possible already, you just need a human race control, like IRL. The rest is just cosmetic.

Freddie Seng and chksix like this.
  10. Sentry87

Sentry87 Gamer

Ah.. the FCY discussion again. It'll never happen but I can understand why people would want it, especially for longer distance racing. It does add a bit if strategy to a race, and can sometimes determine the outcome. And no, it's not like wearing gloves and a helmet while sim racing. One has an effect on the race, the other does not.

stp86, LukFry and buddhatree like this.
  11. Rogue Leader

Rogue Leader Hardcore Simmer

Funny enough the mount for my buttkicker on my sim rig has broken multiple times on me (until I told Next Level how to properly fix it so it doesn't fail and they custom made me 2 new ones with my modification). I consider that a mechanical failure during a race.

chksix likes this.
  12. LATE4APEX

LATE4APEX Alien

,... :D

13. Belryuminus

Belryuminus Rookie

Hello fellow drivers,

my post has been locked and i guess it's because wishlists are not accepted. However I would like to have drivers opinion on those two ideas, as we are now in quite a long time of exploitation of the game, and the GT4 DLC combined.

I won't post a big ctrl+c ctrl+v so here is the link to the locked thread.
    https://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/index.php?threads/two-features-i-would-love-to-see-on-acc.66916/

Would love to hear your opinions on a constructive basis on those two propositions.

Cheers and good race to all.

14. Festa_PWR

Festa_PWR Alien

Opinions aside, it`s not going to happen and if you keep pushing for an answer on something that`s been shut down, it`s not likely to end well.

15. Belryuminus

Belryuminus Rookie

I really dont get why it would be not allowed to discuss about suggestions here ? Is it not the general discussion thread ?

16. Festa_PWR

Festa_PWR Alien

It`s probably because things like that have bneen asked a million times before and if left open, it descends into chaos with people locking horns over varying opinions. It can be quite comical sometimes.

17. Turk

Turk Alien

SC and FCY keep coming up. I think a quick fix to that (although, I'm no programmer so I have no idea how easy/hard these things actually are) Is to have a line appear on the road in front of the lead car, the line travels around the track at a set speed. A big warning not to overtake comes up on screen for every driver. The line disappears at the start of the next lap (or at when race control removes it) and the leader takes back control.

It's mostly pointless, will rarely be used, but gives the people a basic version of what they're looking for. I could only see it being anything other than an annoyance on races over 1 hour long. As I said, I have no idea how difficult that would be to implement, I appreciate it may simply not be that easy to implement.

chksix likes this.
  18. Belryuminus

Belryuminus Rookie

I get that. The game is quite "old" now however in the way it's 2 years of exploitation with 2 DLC. It could be interesting to reopen some subjects seeing with 2 years of filed experience what works and what does not.

19. LATE4APEX

LATE4APEX Alien

So was locking your thread, too subtle for you ?

Guido Trampe likes this.
  20. Belryuminus

Belryuminus Rookie

Subtle how ? I mean i get the wishlists are not allowed as new posts, i figured that afterwards. But are the themes absolutely forbidden to discuss even inside a general existing thread ? That's another thing.

I'm perfectly polite and with no intention to creat any kind of polemic whatsoever. Here to discuss my feelings about a game i like very much but is obviously improvable ...