1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Assetto Corsa Competizione - 2020 Generic discussion

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by dave967, Oct 22, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Unf

Unf Racer

They're not just trying to shut people up. They don't even want to explain in one sentence why they close the topic to someone. This is poor.

2. LATE4APEX

LATE4APEX Alien

As has been explained, the OP posted a whish list, that is why the tread was locked, common knowledge, so now having members "discuss" the same subjects, serves absolutely no purpose.

David Danser likes this.
  3. Belryuminus

Belryuminus Rookie

That's where i disagree.

The "wishlist" shutdown can be explained because it is limitating the similar threads on the forum.

It does not mean the subjects are Taboo. If it is, then it is indeed very poor.

4. LATE4APEX

LATE4APEX Alien

I'm probably wrong here, as far as discussing a members suggested "improvements" in the Generic Discussion thread.

But the the thread lockdown does make sense, and has been mentioned over and over again.

5. AndyK70

AndyK70 Alien

Or the start widget which tells you to stay in the green area. If you get into yellow,you get a warning, if you get into red you could get a DT after the FCY has ended. To end the FCY a 5s timer could be displayed.

6. pankykapus

pankykapus KS Dev Team Staff Member KS Dev Team

You're free to discuss whatever you want in connection with the game as long as you do so in a civilized manner. I also shared my personal 2 cents on the topic of FCY earlier here without threatening anyone.

However, we have a clear policy on wishlist threads written on the top of the page, it doesn't matter that you think your idea is more unique than everyone else's, if you open a new thread, it'll be closed without explanation, because we have no capacity to police everyone's pet feature and the subsequent discussions, and as harsh as it may sound, if we were open to feature suggestions that still haven't made it into the game, we'd say so.

Also, it's quite rare that someone comes up with something that we haven't pitched or discussed internally before, things aren't excluded solely to mess with people and enjoy their disappointment, most of the devs also play the game, they want the same cool features as everyone else and the ability to run it in epic in VR on a toaster, but that's not how things work unfortunately.

7. Felge Schneider

Felge Schneider Hardcore Simmer

The starting widget is completely scripted. Enhancing it for FCY functionality would probably be a load of work, since it is a waaaay more dynamic situation.
    And to be honest, the couple 100 metres driving in a virtual box are already annoying.

8. Serge M

Serge M Alien

Was actually thinking this wouldn’t be a bad option, but purely a manually enabled thing that’s used by human race control in league races.

So a command run that makes all marshals around the track wave yellows and for the drivers a target speed and position on track box like the race start procedure.

This would be handy for race start incidents that happen a few rows back from the front of the grid as when they happen the guys in front race off but everyone behind the incident has to wait for it to clear, this builds a huge gap right from the start, FCY procedure that forces everyone back to low speed would help prevent such a massive gap

Last edited: Oct 12, 2020
    grrdabrr, sissydriver and WallyM like this.
  9. WallyM

WallyM Alien

That would be perfect. In league races, this is often dealt with by either a session restart by the admin, or an artificial safety car, with players bunching up again manually. Having the game enforce this, triggered by an admin command, would be much more controlled and immersive.

chksix likes this.
  10. Turk

Turk Alien

I guess I bought this four slice toaster for nothing. :mad:

11. Sofa

Sofa Gamer

Anything that looks like a wishlist is shut down, because heaven forbid they would hear what people really want improved. Like the ridiculous server selection system, which is annoying me more and more every time I use it.

After_Midnight, Rolz and rikirk like this.
  12. LATE4APEX

LATE4APEX Alien

There are over 260,000 members here, care to estimate how many different "wishes" could be generated ?

Improving current UI, is always welcome, and is on going.

Last edited: Oct 15, 2020
  13. Hi all.

I'm one of these horrible people that plays iRacing 99% of the time and tries other sims once every blue moon.

Just returned to try ACC tonight and noticed there was a ranked server at Spa with registrations opening at 6.50pmish BST.

Turned a few laps at Spa in a practice session, registered just before 7pm and then as the registration period shut, I was told to refresh. I did so and then was notified registrations were full and (I guess?) I can't race anymore.

A real shame. I guess it's good that ACC is popular and servers are filling up, but at the same time, it's a shame that someone like me - a purchaser of the BETA ages and ages ago - can't just rock up one night, think: "You know what, I don't fancy iRacing tonight, I'll try something different" and then end up being unable to join an ACC ranked server.

I know, I know. I can get multiplayer racing in one of the lobbies, I could join a league etc etc but I just wasted 20 minutes of my time seeing Spa was coming up, turning a few laps and then ultimately being unable to join said race. I can't commit to leagues as much as I would like to and I like the option of just being able to rock up, practice a little and then race in some sort of server that means something.

What a shame.

It's stuff like this that makes me realise how I perhaps underappreciate the service iRacing offers me.

Nevermind. I guess I'll be back here in a few months or so to try again. Hopefully it's a better experience.

This isn't meant to be a dig at ACC by the way. Apart from my PC struggling to handle the graphics on my triple screens, I enjoy the physics and audio. Just a shame that the multiplayer experience is so poor. Maybe I was just unlucky tonight and I would normally be able to join a server? Who knows.

Just thought this might be useful feedback for the devs on how and why people like myself don't hang around here long.

Mickipepsi and Freddie Seng like this.
  14. What I really wish it comes, just because we are in general discussion, is a small free practice session for public lobbies.
    I mean as a typo.
    Avoiding people to join during qualy, would help a lot to reduce the "join-lag" problem, which is very annoying.
    Then I would love to have a sorting feature for public lobbies.

Or, if anyone knows a place where to find instructions, I would love to learn how to use the filters we already have.

This is the place to talk about this bull****s anyway.

15. tlsmikey

tlsmikey Simracer

I see their point but it's a double edge sword. On one side, I remember early on when cars were spinning out on curbs the initial response from dev was that GT3 cars don't attack curbs like that in real life. There was a lot of "wishing" it would be fixed and ultimately the five point tire model got implemented and the sim has been better for it.

On the other side, if "wishes" were allowed we'd have this deluge of I want F1 cars, I want GT1 cars, blah blah blah. They've been very clear what this sim is about and the scope since day one, so that kind of stuff is incredibly irritating. So I get the reason why this stuff is banned.

chksix likes this.
  16. LATE4APEX

LATE4APEX Alien

Agreed.
    I think we have to differentiate between pointing out flaws that need correcting/improving, as your example of "the curbs of death", and simply coming up with new additions to the sim.

17. Thomas Fun

Thomas Fun Simracer

I tried the same, got the server full message as well. It is just a result of a very popular track, prime time and I think not being active a lot recently.

On other tracks, times or with more activity, this should not be an issue.

18. Rolz

Rolz Alien

I would like (dare I say wish for) some CP servers in the AUS/NZ region...

Captain Barracuda, Serge M and Stains like this.
  19. Stains

Stains Simracer

Surely us Aussies are valid! I meant Kunos have our money yet we don't get to use a feature the Sim has!

Captain Barracuda and Rolz like this.
  20. RS10

RS10 Simracer

I don't have the game installed rn but have all the issues with the NBR being too narrow and the kerb sizes being wrong been fixed or did that just end up in "working on it" limbo?