1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

ACC and RTX3080 issue?

Discussion in 'ACC Hardware Discussions' started by patoice71, Oct 12, 2020.

1. patoice71

patoice71 Rookie

I am pretty new to sim racing and PC's in general...so please be gentle with me.

I recently got i9-10th gen, RTX 3080, 32gb at 3600 RAM, 3TB SSD, all components Corsair
    Running it right now through HDMI with LG OLED C10 g-sync tv. I am taking delivery of Samsung G9 later today.

Games I own are: ACC, AC, F1 2020, MSFS

Here comes the issue:
    Whenever I am in ACC. I can race.....BUT, as soon as I am in the ACC menu's, and leave the computer for a break...after 10-15min, ACC crashes and computer restarts.
    This does NOT happen in any other game!

All drivers updated to the latest, including NVIDIA.

Anyone else experiences this?

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Virtual Reality [ACC] [VR] [OpenXR] [OpenComposite] High-clarity settings for HP Reverb G2 on Nvidia RTX3080 Nov 12, 2022
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions ACC Will it get cross party not just cross play on consoles? Saturday at 3:02 PM
    ACC Physics Does ACC not implement real life braking mechanics?(Need some insights on this recent youtube video) Mar 16, 2024
    ACC Multiplayer Communicating with accServer.exe (previously acRemoteServerUDP) Mar 14, 2024
    Multiplayer Bugs & Issues Time of Day adjustment on AC Server Maker stuck at 8:00-18:00 even though I have full version ACCM Mar 2, 2024
    ACC Screenshots & Videos ACC on PC with Controller | Race Element /ps5 controller activate triggers Feb 28, 2024
    ACC Tools ACC will not recognise my Elgato steamdeck Feb 15, 2024
    Bug reports ACC Restrictor parameter Feb 7, 2024
    ACC Online Leagues / Championships room ACC Official Server higher requirement Jan 30, 2024
    ACC Online Leagues / Championships room ACC LEAGUE AUSTRALIA Jan 29, 2024
    ACC Tools ACC Time Trial Jan 24, 2024
    ACC Troubleshooting ACC me funciona mal Jan 17, 2024
    ACC Tools ACC Telemetry - timing gaps Jan 15, 2024
    ACC Multiplayer Dedicated Server shows up in Lobby without ping value and cannot be accessed Jan 11, 2024
    ACC Controls & Peripherals What's happened to ACC FFB Jan 3, 2024

3. Dewald Nel

Dewald Nel Hardcore Simmer

Enable the Menu FPS limiter under graphics settings.

4. ohjeah

ohjeah Hardcore Simmer

Well crashing isn't really normal even with unlimited fps on the menus. But might be a problem with your pc rather than acc.

5. patoice71

patoice71 Rookie

Menu FPS limiter is enabeled.

Why would it be a PC issue when no other game crashes? it only happens in ACC?

As I was checking the Menu FPS limiter in the menu it actually happened again, crashed and it restarted in wrong resolution, so I had to do a complete shut down to get it back working

6. AndyK70

AndyK70 Alien

graphics driver fault?
    you could try to wipe the current driver with DDU and do a complete fresh install of the latest stable driver unless you need to have the latest non WHQL driver for another game.

7. patoice71

patoice71 Rookie

I tried that. I reverted back to an older driver. Then ACC would not even start. I would get a fatal error. I then went back to October 7th driver, and now I can at least start the game....but have the issue of crashes

8. AndyK70

AndyK70 Alien

Some user reported an issue with multi rail power supply and the RTX3080 switching it to single rail would help.

9. patoice71

patoice71 Rookie

OK Andy, you lost me there. how do I do that?

10. AndyK70

AndyK70 Alien

patoice71 likes this.
  11. patoice71

patoice71 Rookie

Well....I might have stumbled to a possible fix.
    In graphics I set FULLSCREEN to DISABLE.
    Since I did that it didnt crash...and went onto ACC screen saver

12. AndyK70

AndyK70 Alien

uh, so you did have an active screen saver kicking in at 15min? :confused:
    Should the screen saver not kick in when a game is running?
    At least in my windows 10 (2004) the screen saver (monitor gets shut off) does not activate when a game is on screen. No matter if fullscreen or borderless window.
    hmmm may have to do with "process lasso" which I set to change power profile to "highest" whenever I run a game and to "balanced" when not.

13. patoice71

patoice71 Rookie

Its the ACC screen saver. from the game itself...nothing to do with Windows OS

14. AndyK70

AndyK70 Alien

hm?
    Never saw this ACC screen saver.

15. patoice71

patoice71 Rookie

well.....its there.... i am not sure how I got it activated. its got images of cars/tracks from ACC

16. Dewald Nel

Dewald Nel Hardcore Simmer

It happens when you do nothing when inside the game menus for 5 minutes or so.

An example:

patoice71 likes this.
  17. patoice71

patoice71 Rookie

Yep. In the past my computer crashed...now working through it....after I changed the fullscreen option to disable.
    Not even sure what that function is for

Dewald Nel likes this.
  18. Kishanp

Kishanp Rookie

What PSU do you have?

With my 3090, I was using a cheap Aerocool 750W bronze PSU, and without fail ACC would always make my PC reset back to BIOS

I Now have a new CPU cooler and 1000W PSU for headroom and everything is perfect

19. patoice71

patoice71 Rookie

PSU is Corsair RM750x 750W.
    Dont think that is the problem,.
    I have now successfully replicated the issue.

When I run ACC in FULLSCREEN enable mode it crashed at about 15min point. When its in disable mode it runs like a charm without any issues.

Anyone any idea what Fullscreen mode does?

20. Red Or Dead

Red Or Dead Racer

Try and set pagefile to "min 16gb, max 16gb" and enable fullscreen

21. AndyK70

AndyK70 Alien

Ah! That's why I've never witnessed this. :D
    The only time I'm doing nothing in front of ACC is waiting to register for a CP race, but that's not more than 5 minutes.

@patoice71 do you have something to monitor and log various sensors of your system and GPU? Like MSI AB, HWInfo, etc.?
    You could log power consumption, temperatures, load, etc. and compare ACC in fullscreen and ACC in borderless windows mode if there is any difference.