1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Assetto Corsa Competizione - 2020 Generic discussion

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by dave967, Oct 22, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ohjeah

ohjeah Hardcore Simmer

They had a pretty good concept with the cp servers. Just needs a bit more flesh and some improvements, that sadly haven't been happening..

2. David Danser

David Danser Racer

what would help is, no random tracks.
    also CP races during the day, and practice servers for the CP track of the day.

Turk, Oliver.Johann, LukFry and 7 others like this.
  3. ohjeah

ohjeah Hardcore Simmer

Those little changes would already make it so much better than it is currently..

4. CSJ92882

CSJ92882 Rookie

I enjoy the random tracks. It's nice to know I'm not racing against people who spend most of their free time practicing that particular track (especially for races like Monza, Spa, Silverstone).

It would be interesting to see a comparison of lap times when that track is named vs. random

nfsw55 likes this.
  5. Rolz

Rolz Alien

In all honesty any seasoned ACC driver should have no issues with any track that gets thrown their way...
    Sure everyone has their fav's but if you've been around since early release days you whould probably know all ur track PB times by heart and have half a dozen personal setups to pick from :p

Thats why I'm excited for the new tracks when they eventually drop :D

6. CSJ92882

CSJ92882 Rookie

I have to disagree a bit. I'm relatively seasoned (350+ hours) and I still don't race all tracks equally on a rotational basis. For example, I bet I have not raced on Barcelona in at least a month. If you threw me out there for a random CP race, I'd be at least a second, likely more, off my "normal" pace.

A second in a CP race is worth 5-10 spots, so like I said, it spices things up. And that's before discussing any car-specific advantages from knowing the track ahead of time.

ohjeah likes this.
  7. Rolz

Rolz Alien

having taken part in 2 CP races well over 12 months ago (would love to do more if I had locally ones available cough cough Kunos :p) so I can't remember if they have a practice period or it goes straight to qual... either way I'm not far off my normal (average) pace after about 5-8laps... but yeah everyone is different there :)

Serge M likes this.
  8. Turk

Turk Alien

I think the random tracks have their place but they can be off putting. At the moment I have to take out my rig and set it up when I want to use it, so I don't race as often as I like. When I do race it's on a weekend (weekend racing is probably common for a lot of people even if they have access to their rig 24/7) Because I'm a bit rusty I like to do a bit of preparation, so I tend to do that on a Saturday and race on the Sunday. I don't mind jumping into a random server and racing, I know all the tracks well enough and can be somewhat competitive straight away. But when it comes to the CP servers, especially on an hour long race, I'd rather be better prepared so I can get a good result and not be a nuisance to other drivers.

I wouldn't even mind if they gave more CP points for doing random races. At the moment the CP servers just don't suit my schedule. I may have 3 hours a day to sim race over the weekend, so 6 hours total. It's very rare the CP servers suit me (even the times of day) so I don't get to use them that often. I appreciate I'm the one being awkward and these aren't issues for most people.

AndyK70 likes this.
  9. carlossanchez97

carlossanchez97 Hardcore Simmer

New 88MB update

10. LukFry

LukFry Racer

for this we have different splits. people who spend their time for practicing particular tracks are on split 1, people like you and me are on split 2 or beneath. furthermore quality of races suffers from random track scenario. drivers join CP with a random track that they can not drive as good as others, with a car that does not fit their driving style on this random track etc. Even non daily drivers would benefit if Kunos will cancel those random thing and we'll always get a specific track. For example you can practice for 10-15 minutes before pressing the register button. You will also get better and better as long as the track is available (maybe track changes every week).

David Danser and AndyK70 like this.
  11. sissydriver

sissydriver Alien

that was the new BMW Logo :confused: - ugly as....

Rolz and After_Midnight like this.
  12. Complains about it have to go directly to the company :p

But you are right. It is ugly as....:eek:

AndyK70 likes this.
  13. JnJ | Rayleigh

JnJ | Rayleigh Simracer

Fits the new M4's grill so....

sissydriver and After_Midnight like this.
  14. Random track is cool, avoiding 911 cup.

chksix likes this.
  15. Felge Schneider

Felge Schneider Hardcore Simmer

GT4 days on CP would be nice though (maybe one per week). Also a cup or ST race once in a while could be considered. If you allow the players to chose the class, most of them will chose the fastest. Thats imo the reason, there is so little GT4 racing.

David Danser, Darmote and AndyK70 like this.
  16. The whole multiplayer structure would need an overhaul. The potential is so huge but it seems like kunos doesn't care. They let it completely on the community... And please, the netcode needs some love. The car warping and ghost contacts are horrible and destroy the experience...

Do it Season based, give the community points for the CP races during a seasons week. Average themn if they do more then X races during a week. Show leaderboards for the season and series. Make different series like GT3, GT4 and even Cup. Show the time slots of the races, make registration periods longer. SHow how many Cars are registered for a race. and so on... the list is long. There could be such an amazing multiplayer experience. But there is unfortunately nothing special...

17. Rolz

Rolz Alien

You know ur ghosting and warping would be sorted if Kunos implemented ping limits on the servers ;)

Elrann and After_Midnight like this.
  18. yes i know :p but not in all cases. i saw already guys with low pings warping/rubberbanding around like nothing

LukFry likes this.
  19. Rolz

Rolz Alien

Hmm then ur probably the one with the 300ms+ ping haha...
    Unless the server is severely under resourced, I have to give deserved praise here... ACC is pretty solid MP wise these days

Freddie Seng and Elrann like this.
  20. nope i have a pretty solid connection and i am always from 10 to max 50ms ping ;)