1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Assetto Corsa Competizione - 2020 Generic discussion

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by dave967, Oct 22, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pankykapus

pankykapus KS Dev Team Staff Member KS Dev Team

In MP, each track that was used this season will have a 2020 variant that will be indicated explicitly when joining the server. Imola for instance will only have a 2020 version (just like Zolder only has a 2018 version).
    It is probably recommended to keep setups marked because 2020 BoP also includes camber and fuel cell limits. That said, the setups themselves won't be incompatible and won't result in undriveable cars or anything like that.

2. @pankykapus

Have the pit stop rules been updated to match those in 2020?

Is it possible to talk about improving the weather?

Ale Robles likes this.
  3. trutya

trutya Simracer

it can be a nice job to set all the filters, which car which season which tyre model...

4. pankykapus

I recommend looking up the following words in the dictionary: understaffed, furlough, lockdown. The virtual reproduction of a single car is also normally a smooth operation, but when entire departments are furloughed, a single email exchange can take half a year (not exaggerating), you can imagine how long the entire process (licensing, sourcing reference data, production, approval, PR) can take with such efficiency.

Our studio is in the luxurious position of being able to carry on with its work, mostly unaffected due to our original working arrangement, while even enjoying some extra attention from non-virtual racing, but most of the world has different priorities at the moment, you can choose to make fun of it, but it won't make a difference unfortunately, I wish that simple physical logistics were the most of our worries.

Last edited: Nov 5, 2020
    nfsw55, anthonylroy, kamkie and 18 others like this.
  5. GONKO

GONKO Racer

So just to be clear. If I race a 2020 Evo car on a 2018/19 track it will run the DHD2 tyre and have the BOP for those years? So if on a 2019 track, the Merc AMG and Merc AMG Evo will have the same BOP?
    And if I race a 2018/19 car, say the R8 Evo on a 2020 track, then the R8 will run the DHE tyres?

My worry is that the original AMG and original Ferrari 488 become obsolete. We could say the same for the 2018 model cars. I've never been clear on how the 2018 cars perform when matched against 2019 cars. Could you comment on this please just so I am clear.

And thank you again to the entire team. Getting more content out is absolutely brilliant and I will be buying it as soon as released.
    All the crap about Magny Cours mentioned above...most people (including me) don't really care. It would have been nice to have, but fully understand the issues with getting the track scanned and added etc.

trutya and Freddie Seng like this.
  6. pankykapus

The two Evo cars are under the same homologation # as the "old" cars so they attract the same BoP. There was a non-Evo AMG entered as an endurance entry this year, it ran with the same BoP as its Evo sister cars.

kamkie, trutya, Nox and 2 others like this.
  7. aotto1977

aotto1977 Hardcore Simmer

@pankykapus – it reads like you took my comment way more serious than intended. As a software developer working from home almost continuously since march, I know this is a huge privilege many other people do not have.
    But, my point is: I had no intention to make fun of the pandemic or anyone affected by it. My comment was me trying to say "Don't expect too much at the moment" in a funny fashion.

nfsw55, kamkie, FlakNine and 9 others like this.
  8. txalin

txalin Rookie

Myabe has been answered before but i didn't find anything. Is there any plan to add more competitive races in other formats? Something like 15-20 minutes sprint races. Asking this bc if you look at any competitive system, the most popular formats are this sprint races

9. sissydriver

sissydriver Alien

In the stats there are two versions of Zolder. Now i am confused o_O

flihp and Nox like this.
  10. Rogue Leader

Rogue Leader Hardcore Simmer

All I know is I'm so excited for Imola, I love that track. I'm also excited for the continuous improvements they have made. This game is just so deep and realistic feeling that its still rewarding to run and play day in and day out, week in and out. I never feel like I'm being cheesed, I never feel like a mistake was not my fault for screwing up, etc as I've felt in other racing games. Looking forward to whats next.

Nev Roberts, marph, pemigris and 5 others like this.
  11. Koly™

Koly™ Racer

it's funny how AMS 2 try to release a new track, rFactor 2 too, and ACC too, they want our money guys !

12. fsuarez79

fsuarez79 Simracer

Kunos can take all my money right now....and if there's any leftovers, they'll go to S397
    Reiza can have some of it in a year or so if AMS2 is in a better state by then

theivansk and Koly™ like this.
  13. Koly™

Koly™ Racer

yes, iF the AI update is very good, bye bye rF2 or AMS2....

14. XettMan

XettMan Hardcore Simmer

This will never happen.
    Sorry.

Oxie likes this.
  15. sirgaric

sirgaric Hardcore Simmer

Are you part of the developer team now?

azzah, kamkie, AndyK70 and 1 other person like this.
  16. icemanzp

icemanzp Simracer

@pankykapus Is there a chance to see in future updated pit exit and entry in Paul Ricard?

Axel Vogelsang and Chrisfande-f1 like this.
  17. sissydriver

sissydriver Alien

He is rather a part of the troll army :rolleyes:

@icemanzp - In one of the streams the possibility of the Paul Update was at least not denied.

azzah and Felge Schneider like this.
  18. Liakitsos

Liakitsos Gamer

Hello friends, NISSAN does not have racelogic? does anyone know anything?

19. XettMan

XettMan Hardcore Simmer

Be patient. You will see.

20. sirgaric

sirgaric Hardcore Simmer

OK, you come from the future then, that's kinda cool!

You are not the only one though, I also read someone in another forum, some months ago, affirming categorically that Kunos would never release any other DLC apart from the British GT Pack. Oh, wait a minute...

azzah, its.me, chksix and 1 other person like this.