1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Who's at Fault? - Discussing Racecraft and Incidents

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by m_box97, Jan 15, 2020.

1. LATE4APEX

LATE4APEX Alien

Except now its on YOUTUBE, for ever. :p

HomieFFM and AndyK70 like this.
  2. To all participants at the discussion to my post here:
    https://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/...raft-and-incidents.62189/page-77#post-1170716

Thank you very much. Your help and opinions are much appreciated :)

I still think @Unf drove at high risk and his defending was a few times over the limits.
    And there was not a single reason to put me out on purpose, like all of you agreed.

I'm not the "KING MIDNIGHT" like @Unf tried to descripted me just to justify his behaviour. Not by any means.

An apology by @Unf would be awesome but after his last posts, full of hate and frustration, I don't think it will happen.

Again thanks to all of you.

[​IMG]

Chris 576, Winston, LATE4APEX and 2 others like this.
  3. Neilski

Neilski Alien

For me, #1 is totally the other guy's fault (he went off track, lost speed, and was a sitting duck so he should have accepted the place was gone - and yes likely his awareness was just awful, hence the bump during #2).
    #2 is no contest - divebomb gone wrong probably (panic, as someone else put it).
    #3 I would personally put 70:30 on the other guy - big overlap at the braking zone but he didn't give you remotely enough space, though a move there is gonna be very very hard at best anyway (hence 30% on you perhaps) and I wouldn't have gone for it myself without an even better position at the braking point.

4. Unf

Unf Racer

You made me cry. You like to have big audience who say "you're good Midnight, you are good man!" ya?
    This kind of speeches are pathetic, for me ofc.

BUT!

Of course I can admit and I did it - that hit on purpose was bad, unnessesary and sorry for that anyway.
    Ps: Thanks for everyone who pointed that my defence skill is good, even if on some situation I could hold my moves a bit.

5. David Danser

David Danser Racer

I completely agree with this

Neilski and After_Midnight like this.
  6. GONKO

GONKO Racer

carnage

7. Awesome rejoin o_O

romandevision and AndyK70 like this.
  8. Felge Schneider

Felge Schneider Hardcore Simmer

Yeah, thats on the Ferrari.

9. AndyK70

AndyK70 Alien

Yeah, the Ferrari #287 is cutting the Audi, goes off track and does a really unsafe rejoin crashing another car.
    Great driver! :rolleyes:

10. GONKO

GONKO Racer

I honestly thought my SA was gonna be ruined.
    When the ferrari driver swiped me I just felt crash after crash with cars piling into me on the straight.
    I also had another driver in another race purposely take me out at monza (mistaken identity maybe).
    Weekends are getting pretty bad on public servers.

11. Neilski

Neilski Alien

Wow... carnage indeed. Two dumbass moves from the Ferrari in the space of ten seconds.

AndyK70 likes this.
  12. Ferrari at fault of course, but it could have been avoided if the black/green Audi went further to the right, anticipating on an unsafe rejoin.

The real hero here is the white NSX

13. Snoeipaard

Snoeipaard Racer

I don't know who's to blame at the first turn where the Ferrari get's punted off the track, because that isn't really clear in the video.

But, I actually think the rejoin wasn't all that bad. Yes, the Ferrari could have stayed on the grass for a few meters more. But would that have prevented what followed?

It came back on the track at a point where the racing line had allready moved to the right. The Audi could have easily avoided the contact. He was keeping left of the racing line for no appearent reason.

Even if you feel the Ferrari rejoining was unsafe, that on itself doesn't mean you are excused from anticipating and trying to avoid contact here.

So, aside from maybe giving the Ferrari a penalty for an unsafe rejoin, I feel the touch and the carnage afterwards are way more on the Audi then on the Ferrari actually. At best it's a 50/50.

Just out of curiousity, which one where you @GONKO ?

Last edited: Nov 16, 2020
    sps_for_race likes this.
  14. Unf

Unf Racer

Looks like Audi tried to not let Ferrari to rejoin. Stayed on left side like "you have no space haha so what will you do loser?". And karma arrived... I know how it feels ^^

15. Fabio Azevedo

Fabio Azevedo Rookie

Hey guys! First post here on the forum.
    I believe I am the red Ferrari driver on that situation there.
    From what I can remember I was surprised with the move on the inside from the white Audi. (Was it you Gonko?) In my opinion I was clearly in front and it was still my turn at that point, and if anyone could have avoided the crash I don't think it was me.
    I had to avoid something else on the previous turn which made me a bit slower, but I don't think the Audi got to my side in time to attack that turn.
    As for the rejoin, I did my best to keep as much as I could to the left, and the other Audi maybe could have avoided me, but it's still an aggressive rejoin so I take my responsibility there.

16. Fabio Azevedo

Fabio Azevedo Rookie

Regarding the "great driver" and "dumbass" comments, I can say that, although I am no pro, I win quite a few of these public server races and I honestly try to be as clean as possible and give back positions when I am not.
    You all know space awareness in sim racing isn't that easy compared to real life (in which I have some racing experience), and it's not very honest to acuse someone as if you were never to blame in any accident.

Snoeipaard likes this.
  17. GONKO

GONKO Racer

Yes it was you. I was in the black WRT Audi that you hit into.
    Well done on eliminating half the grid on lap one though. It's gotta be a record for the most cars taken out by one driver lol.
    I was to the left defending the run up to the chicane from the cars behind.

18. GONKO

GONKO Racer

I just noticed that there. What a champ lol. There was literally one car gap to avoid the whole mess and he found it. What a champ lol.

19. Fabio Azevedo

Fabio Azevedo Rookie

I really don’t get the aggressiveness. I’ve been taken out so many times by no fault of my own in much worse situations than this.
    I also just assumed my blame in the rejoin that crashed you, and I’m sorry about that, but you see that I was taken out as well and controlling the car on the gravel at that speed (it is quite a fast corner) isn’t that straightforward.
    I understand that you wanted to defend the inside for the following chicane, but that was very far ahead, and you could have given be a bit of space there.
    Anyway, think what you want, my conscience and my SA rating are quite fine.

sps_for_race and Snoeipaard like this.
  20. Neilski

Neilski Alien

Fair point - I apologise for the "dumbass" remark, bad form on my part.
    I do honestly feel that the original incident was your fault, even though the camera angle isn't great: the other car had significant overlap so you can't just claim the apex like there's nobody there.
    The rejoin was unfortunate (and OK it's entirely irrelevant whether you took out 1 car or 100). If you were doing your best then so be it, but the angle of rejoin was really steep and was hugely likely to cause a disaster (even though yes the Audi could have made more space - I originally thought he had someone on his rear quarter but on a recheck that doesn't seem to be the case).

PAPA JOHN 2 likes this.