1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Discussing GT4 in ACC

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by GONKO, Jul 21, 2020.

1. I love the GT4 cars, and always check if there are GT4 only races going. However I will never again use a GT4 in a mixed server. People are outright weapons on most ACC open lobbies most of the time anyway, and when all of the aforementioned weapons are significantly faster than you its even worse. Anyone racing a GT3 in an open lobby that I have encountered have complete disregard for the GT4 cars and their race. I suspect that is why there are not many people brave enough to run GT4s in the mixed servers.

It's pretty sad because if raced right mixed races could be a blast.

2. PLebre

PLebre Hardcore Simmer

:eek:

3. popo87

popo87 Simracer

GT4s allow for very fun races, but I'd like it if there was even more balance of performance between all the cars. for the moment the aston martin is on another level, its weaknesses correspond to the greatest merits of other cars that have major defects. it is a bomb and it is very difficult to undermine in the race. it's a shame because you risk that in private championships you make an aston single-make and all those beautiful cars that are there no one uses them.

FriendOfJah and mau92 like this.
  4. mau92

mau92 Hardcore Simmer

I agree, slow drivers on fast cars are a complete problem. They pretend you to disappear when they are catching up instead of waiting for the correct place to overtake. However, I had had a lot of great races in mixed servers with people respecting each other everywhere. However, these are the least (And now non existent). Anyways, I'd like to see the lack of GT4 racing adressed in the future because they are leaving out some great content.

FriendOfJah and AndyK70 like this.
  5. kirk heath

kirk heath Gamer

I too am gutted, there is little in means of GT4 servers, and more so the mixed classes. Being a fan of British GT championship. It's great to see full grids and how the traffic affects outcomes of both classes.
    With any luck the release of the British tracks may boost them again, as the British tracks are perfect for GT4.

6. Axel Vogelsang

Axel Vogelsang Simracer

I am not sure if this has been metioned already but the sound of most of the GT4 wheel changes might be improved since those cars have five wheel nuts with some exeptions and it sounds like one central lock.

7. kirk heath

kirk heath Gamer

I have noticed this too. After watching real races, the pits should take longer in GT4. As you say, they don't have a centre locking nut

CatXn likes this.
  8. FriendOfJah

FriendOfJah Racer

I’ve never driven the Aston Martin GT4 car so far. I fell in love with the McLaren GT4 after just trying the BMW and the Audi. Forgive my ignorance here, so you’re saying the Aston Martin GT4 car has an clear advantage over the other GT4 car types? In my GT4 Championship Season I’ve never seen that car on the podium. Am I missing something here? Please let me know, thanks so much.

9. Axel Vogelsang

Axel Vogelsang Simracer

10. Cirith Ungol

Cirith Ungol Simracer

I tried some cars and I think the Porsche is the fastest, the 570s is quite good if you can manage the rear tyres. On bumpy tracks the AMG is also super good due to her soft suspension. The BoP seems ok to me except the for the light car (it's probably because the race are not always long enough for them to show how well they can manage tyres + fuel consumption). Overall I think the BoP is good.

11. DusterBuster

DusterBuster Gamer

I noticed with the custom liveries the GT4 "National" Cup has the number plates of the AM Cup. You guys know if this is on design, as there is no national GT4 category?

12. RE_brotakul

RE_brotakul Gamer

GT4 cars are great and a lot of people feel this way it seems, but you can hardly see GT4 in public servers and that’s probably because everybody wants the fastest car to win the overall race. It’s true, at least i’d say, that you can hardly see GT4 cars in mixed races, mostly probably because of the above reason, and because GT3 guys just don’t care for the others, they’ll see you as just a slow car that’s in their way, not giving any thought for your own race.
    What really strikes me though, is that even GT4 servers are mostly empty. It may be because some that might want to race GT4 see the empty servers and then move to GT3 ones that have players in them, others do the same and in the end it’s a chain effect of some sort.
    I see Kunos is trying to push GT4 cars in Special Events at least, that’s a massive to see and i love to race those events at least, but in the end they cannot substitute for proper GT4 races. That’s really a shame, also since the GT4 pack is so well put together, so comprehensive.

romandevision and Tobus like this.
  13. Cirith Ungol

Cirith Ungol Simracer

Hi guys !

I was watching the last stream from Aris and he was driving the M4 GT4. He said the normal operating window for the pressure is 26.5-27psi which is what I read here. But at one moment he had 26.9psi on the rear left and it still showed as underinflated on the UI. Does that mean the the window for the pressure is different on the front than on the rear ?
    upload_2020-11-7_10-54-39.png

14. LeiF

LeiF Alien

:rolleyes::rolleyes:
    Does that mean if you judge your tyre pressure against the UI you will be running over psi all the time? Maybe the image in the UI is still calibrated to GT3 tyre even if driving GT4?

@Aristotelis could you clarify please :)

15. baboon

baboon Alien

GT4 class deserves a dedicated slot on the competition server. At least one day in a week or one race per day would be nice.

16. DecoySA

DecoySA Racer

Im new to the game but isn't the main reason there are no active races on servers because its DLC ? I know there are other factors but all the DLC content tends to have lower numbers participating from what I can see... granted it's most obvious in GT4.

17. GONKO

GONKO Racer

Nothing to do with it being DLC. GT3 is more popular and GT4 is more difficult to drive. It takes a very specific way of driving and it takes more skill to be at the front end of the races. GT3s are easier to drive (still need skill to be fast though).

18. FriendOfJah

FriendOfJah Racer

I've found the exact opposite to be true. I can manhandle a GT4 car, go completely over curbs and just in general the car much is easier to drive at their limit than in a GT3 car. I'm hoping the new tire model in version 1.6 (I haven't tried it yet) hasn't changed that. The GT4 cars made ACC finally playable for me with my physical disability. Just my 2 cents.

AndyK70 likes this.
  19. LATE4APEX

LATE4APEX Alien

Yep, my feelings exactly.
    If anything, I find 1.6 even better.

But goes to show how drivers preferences can be quite different.

FriendOfJah and AndyK70 like this.
  20. Felge Schneider

Felge Schneider Hardcore Simmer

It may feel harder because of the lower grip levels.
    I drove a couple of laps in the Monza BMW special event, and I was surprised, how close I got to the top drivers, and my laps weren't even that good.
    So my impression is, that GT4 are much more forgiving.

FriendOfJah, LATE4APEX and AndyK70 like this.