1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Rtx 3070

Discussion in 'ACC Hardware Discussions' started by dean riley, Nov 20, 2020.

1. dean riley

dean riley Rookie

Anyone using a rtx 3070? Wondering what the performance was like in triples.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Virtual Reality RTX4090 PC build for VR Feb 17, 2023
    ACC Troubleshooting UE4-AC2 - Fatal error! In the middle of the practice / RTX4090 Jan 31, 2023
    ACC Virtual Reality Bad VR performance after upgraden 6900XT --> RTX4900 Dec 5, 2022
    ACC Virtual Reality [ACC] [VR] [OpenXR] [OpenComposite] High-clarity settings for HP Reverb G2 on Nvidia RTX3080 Nov 12, 2022
    ACC Virtual Reality RTX4090 settings Nov 2, 2022
    ACC Troubleshooting error rtx 4090 Oct 31, 2022
    ACC Hardware Discussions DLSS 3.0 for RTX 40 Series Oct 5, 2022
    ACC Troubleshooting FPS is low with new Graphicscard RTX 3080 Sep 6, 2022
    ACC Hardware Discussions Settings suggestion to play on Acer Nitro 5 57-76BF RTX 3060 Aug 16, 2022
    ACC Hardware Discussions Best settings for Nitro 5 with I7 11800H, RTX 3060 and 16 GB of Ram Jun 10, 2022
    ACC Virtual Reality 5800x3d @ 90 FPS, RTX 3090 bottlenecking Apr 25, 2022
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds RTX 3080ti Stutters Nov 4, 2021
    Chit Chat Room Quest 2 VR - RTX 3080 Settings Mar 9, 2021
    ACC Hardware Discussions AMD 5900X + RTX 3080, limiting factor? Monitoring data included. Jan 15, 2021
    ACC Virtual Reality 80fps Settings Guide RTX3090/5800x Jan 2, 2021

3. moeppling

moeppling Gamer

You don't have to own one to know this and it's a pointless question anyway. It's slightly slower then a 2080ti so triple performance is fine.

edit: for 1080p triples that is. Not enough vram for 1440p triples.

Last edited: Nov 20, 2020
  4. dean riley

dean riley Rookie

I was asking the question as I was worried about the vram. I currently have a gtx 1080ti which uses on average 8gb of vram. I know the ram is faster in the 30 series card so it may utilise it better. I average around 75fps on 1080p triples with mixed high/epic settings. Hoping for a small increase.

5. moeppling

moeppling Gamer

Faster vram does not make the gpu use less of it. Faster vram improves performance for bandwith bottlenecked applications (when pushing alot of pixels).

If you're at 8gb of vram already (i suppose with ss at 120%, cause i'm seeing an avarage of 7gb at a custom high settings), then the 3070 will use the same.

6. McGraw

McGraw Racer

Someone has to own one for someone to know this.

Where should he have found this information?

Why is it a pointless question?

Why not just ignore OP or answer them?

Are these pointless questions too? Not to me.

The_Bad_Fasterd, Stains and F1Aussie like this.
  7. DCN

DCN Rookie

Resolution alone doesn't change the vram usage much. It's all about texture size. 8GB is enough for triple 1440.

8. AndyK70

AndyK70 Alien

Not on texture setting "epic" in ACC, only at high

9. DCN

DCN Rookie

it shows 7.xGB VRAM allocation no matter running one or triple 1440

10. AndyK70

AndyK70 Alien

no matter if triple or not, epic textures require even more than 11gb vram. some users of a 2080ti with 11gb found out the hard way and pankykapus said it.

11. dean riley

dean riley Rookie

UPDATE: so I purchased a FE 3070 and I run a test with my 1080ti on spa with modified high settings with some epic and shadows turned down. I averaged around 73-77 FPS with around 7GB of Vram usage. I installed the 3070 and left all graphics settings exactly the same on the same tracks with all conditions the same. My average frames were 96-101 FPS which I think is a decent jump. The Vram was around 5.5GB with the 3070. UPDATE 2: tied some multiplayer tonight and had a stable 100 fps in most cases some tracks the vram was pushing 7.5GB.

Last edited: Nov 25, 2020
    Stains, Coanda and F1Aussie like this.
  12. DCN

DCN Rookie

2080ti shows 7.x - 8.x GB with EPIC texture. It's VRAM allocation and games always try to allocate more than they need. Racing games don't have a lot of textures. And if you get really close, the texture resolution in ACC isn't really that high

less than 5% of people have more than 8GB VRAM. I don't think developers would shift to high resolution texture anytime soon

13. DCN

DCN Rookie

100 fps with 1440 triple screens?

14. AndyK70

AndyK70 Alien

Needed VRAM for epic textures alone is 8GB and there should be some more VRAM for other stuff as well...

If you have 8GB VRAM graphics card and set textures to epic they won't fit at once. Needed parts have to be fetched from the RAM and pushed through the PCIe bus onto the card, which has to delete some other textures not in use at that moment to free up enough space.
    You may notice frame/fps drops when this happens, at worst it can crash ACC.
    You need VRAM also for lighting, various effects and post processing, not to forget anti aliasing. The larger the render resolution the more VRAM you need.
    That's why even users with a 2080ti 11GB had problems and crashes when they set textures to epic using high render resolutions.

15. DCN

DCN Rookie

Got a 2080ti before and I have never seen it using more than 8GB. You can find a lot of benchmark on youtube showing the same usage.

I don't see any spike on frametime too. Even if it reads texture from RAM during a race, it loads that in advance and I am not seeing any performance impact.

16. TeknoBug

TeknoBug Gamer

This sounds promising, just backordered a 3070 myself yesterday. I run 1080p triples and it should be sufficient at moderately high settings.

17. Stains

Stains Simracer

I may just grab a 3070Ti then, i was worried about 8gb after seeing 7.8 on my 1080Ti at 5760x1080 but after reading here it should be fine hey. Also considered the 6800xt but seems UE4 and AMSD are not so great.