1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Who's at Fault? - Discussing Racecraft and Incidents

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by m_box97, Jan 15, 2020.

1. Snoeipaard

Snoeipaard Racer

Yeah, it is that last sentence that is giving you away. You say you acknowledge your fault, but than directly feel the need to add, that the other guys actions were worse. As if that will excuse yours. I'm not buying it.

Also, I feel that your move on the Merc wasn't just a mistake you make when racing. You didn't outbrake yourself, overshoot the corner, loose control or even understeer, and it wasn't caused or triggert by any other event that may have lead you to misjudge the situation. You made that move on purpose, knowing it was never going to work.

So actually, your move can be categorized as taking someone out on purpose as well.

Last edited: Nov 19, 2020
  2. Felge Schneider

Felge Schneider Hardcore Simmer

This thread is not about whining over wreckers or revenge crashes.
    Don't let a game hurt your feelings.

Snoeipaard likes this.
  3. moeppling

moeppling Gamer

I'm all for impaling revenge crashes on sticks... but that deliberate divebomb was poop.

After_Midnight and Snoeipaard like this.
  4. Snoeipaard

Snoeipaard Racer

I love how you are able to say so much, with so little words :cool:

After_Midnight likes this.
  5. I'm not putting both in the same bag, what he did was unacceptable and what you did wasn't your brightest moment (or stupid as you acknowledged). I wouldn't put it as extreme as Snoeipaard as in my opinion it looks like you completely misjudged the situation and tried to avoid him by going on the curbs (which trew you back on the track).

Unfortunately for him, he lost tons of time and got a lot of damage while you only lost some front aero flaps. Some are (very) short-tempered and are easily engulfed by a red mist. As there's no penalty for the one causing the accident (on purpose or not) they take matter in their own hands. Which is totally unacceptable.

My point is, similar to avoiding accidents for which others are to blame, you can easily avoid toxic behaviour.

Winston and vMaxDaniel like this.
  6. GONKO

GONKO Racer

The move by the Audi was not even a divebomb, it was just plain wreckless. No attempt to pass cleanly and very far back. While I don't condone revenge attacks, I can understand it. If you really wanted to avoid contact, you would have pointed your car towards the pits.
    Best off sticking to hotlapping until you can race cleanly. People have busy schedules (work/kids/family) and we like to log on for nice racing, not to be rammed by over-enthusiastic noobs who just hit the SA server requirement for CP races, by farming the AI to pieces.

The revenge was out of line, but your move was outrageous. Hopefully you can learn from it.

7. While I've to agree in the key message I think the used words are way too harsh.
    It was not even close to a smart move done by @vMaxDaniel. But this will not justify any revenge crash on purpose.

Mistakes happens. So what I'd have done in this situation is going to the right side of the start/finish straight and wait for him.
    Open the chat and say: 100% my fault. I'm sorry. It was not my intention to take you out of the race.
    It's easy to see if the other is still moving or just jump to the pits.

David Danser, AndyK70 and Snoeipaard like this.
  8. Winston

Winston Hardcore Simmer

I've seen this sort of move defended as "going for a gap" in the past.
    Just saying :)

I'd like to know how he imagine the pass coming off, I just can't see it.

9. devil in me

devil in me Racer

Well the way i see it, both are to blame on incident on last turn. But more on the car ahaed than really the one behind.

If we look at this incident without thinking about the reason that the guy posting the video came here to post. wich is bashing about the guy revenging after his own mistake, the car ahaed didnt behave correctly neither ( talking about before the revenge).

If i'm the car ahaed, i look into the mirror i can see right way i had a really bad exit and the car behind has a gigantic run on me, granted he will not have the exact time for a proper divebomb, because of the line we take for that last corner( wich kinda of require a mid to late apex), its very proper to a "im just gona stick my car on the inside" from the car behind when he as a run ( for the most part in ACC even when they dont have a run they do it), so me being the car ahaed i would just defend very early, and move to the inside ( the car ahead has is car under control, he didnt even hit the left curb, can easly move into the right side of the track and defend). Just there the problem was solved.

The car ahaed didn't defend, instead he kinda waits to see what the guy behind is going to do. and when he sees that the car behind is sending, he just turns in very very early and going slow compared what he should be going. So that is blocking and crashing against the other car, it doesnt matter how wrong the divebomb is . what matters is that, i ( being the car ahaed) saw the divebomb and cut across under braking just to cut the other intentions ( that was already underway ),
    So the car ahaed if he knew how to use the grey stuff in his skull, he would have just gave the space and hope the divebomb dont wash out on the track, and would just have a better exit. in that situation had the car ahaed kept his outside line, that divebomb would have never worked in any scenario.

That said. the car behind should have been patient and know better that a divebomb in that situation would never work, and even if the guy in front would have gave the space, the most likely to happen would be him washing out and hit the other on the outside of the track. In the best case scenario he keeps the inside line and not overbraking but the exit is compromised and the defender will have a better exit.

Waiting. sloting behind the slower in front and have a good exit with the slip stream would do the trick on a big straight without any issues. The problem is 95% of people in ACC go into the single player farm SA , and when come back into MP they dont have knowledge on racecraft or on how to make a proper move, they think that outbraking the car ahaed is the right way to overtake. And if there is a crash, there is no point even in say anything because they will never understand where they did the mistake.

Pretty sure the guy posting the video here, have the move went well, he would be thinking it was a great move and thats the way its done.

How many times the guy ahead have been put out from a race with a move like that? maybe 80% of the races he goes into. of course there is a limit for what someone can handle until he starts to react and revenge.

10. Winston

Winston Hardcore Simmer

You're funny :D

chksix and Snoeipaard like this.
  11. devil in me

devil in me Racer

OK!

12. I think some points of @devil in me are valid ;)

13. GONKO

GONKO Racer

Thoughts

14. Should not be questionable :)

15. GONKO

GONKO Racer

The guy was adamant it was my fault. Said I moved 3 times under the braking zone. This is the problem with newbie hotlappers, they spend so much time not racing, that they don't allow for a car actually occupying a piece of track defending. He wrote in chat then in the next race that he was starting P21 and "how long it would take to catch me" lol. Anyway, I qualified P5 and then in a panick to catch me, he bombs another car into rivattza and then quits. He claims to have an SA of 99 too. :rolleyes:

Feast your eyes on this one, very next race (I am not involved, but I found it ironic):
    So my one again.

And then next race, some other poor soul. At least he flashed his lights to give a divebomb warning lol.

16. Winston

Winston Hardcore Simmer

Well I'm sure someone will have a go, they could start with ..... "Well the way i see it, both are to blame on incident on last turn. But more on the car ahaed than really the one behind."

17. Mate, come on :D:D:D

18. Winston

Winston Hardcore Simmer

Ha ha , although we generally agree, we'll have to agree to disagree on this one (devil in me's):D:);).
    There was no chance of that move coming off, a faster exit does not give you right of way.

AndyK70 likes this.
  19. XanderSJX

XanderSJX Rookie

@Winston please correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't see where devil sad faster exit gives right of way?
    He is talking about what driver ahead should (not could) have done to prevent all of this. And later he also says that even though with slight advantage on chicane exit driver behind shouldn't have gone all in. These are things that I agree with, myself being more "better to prevent than to fix later" type.

As for GONKO's case, can't be more clear than that. That could go into funny or sad videos thread. :)

After_Midnight likes this.
  20. Winston

Winston Hardcore Simmer

First of all the guy behind hit the car infront.... that should tell you something, added to the fact that it was completely predictable what line the car in front was going to take. No-one likes giving away a speed advantage but sometimes you have no choice, you can't just throw it up the inside and hope for the best. It's the following cars responsibility to engineer a clean pass.