1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Discussing Driving Views

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by Diablo_rf, Apr 8, 2019.

?

What type of camera view are you using?

1. Interior

92.5%
  2. Exterior

3.6%
  3. I use both, depending of the situation

3.9%
  1. Gupise

Gupise Gamer

Hey, in iracing i run 85 deg, i drive only formula car, i don't know if the different cockpit could be a thing.
    In acc i must run 40-42 deg to be consistent.

Last edited: Nov 12, 2020
    Snoeipaard likes this.
  2. AndyK70

AndyK70 Alien

Referring to https://andyf.me/fovcalc.html your hFov in iracing is correct at 85° and your according vFov in ACC should be around 29° deg.
    Are you able to take the same car and track in iRacing as in ACC?
    Would be interesting to hear your impressions comparing these two games with the same car/track combo and according settings, maybe even better adding screenshots of both in the same place.

upload_2020-11-12_18-35-25.png

twangsta, Snoeipaard and LATE4APEX like this.
  3. Snoeipaard

Snoeipaard Racer

Thanks, that should help.

As @AndyK70 allready mentioned, if you want to be running the correct FOV, then it should be around 29° for ACC. Not sure if it goes that low though. But if it does, I would like to know of that works for you.

4. Monotone

Monotone Gamer

I’ve got a question around this topic I run at 45 degrees at the mo. But on the calculator it’s asking for around 30.

If I run at around 30 I get a weird letterbox pendulum effect that almost makes me a little notion sick. Feel a little detached.

So the question is. If I run at 30, can I move the camera forwards, backwards etc. Or does that negate the correct fov?

5. Oblit0r

Oblit0r Alien

You can move it forwards/backwards as much as you like. The field of view stays the same, it's just the camera position that changes.

6. Monotone

Monotone Gamer

So aim for the lowest to correct ratio as possible but move the camera. Ok that makes sense.

Im up around fifty for the backwards movement. Are even big numbers like that ok to work with?

Funny enough that’s also my distance to screen in inches. Not sure if they relate but just funny they are the same.

7. Oblit0r

Oblit0r Alien

Watch this:

8. Monotone

Monotone Gamer

Ha perfect. There’s a little section that just makes me look a right fool.

Makes complete sense. It’s just the camera depth. Suppose it just felt like I was undoing it by moving the camera.

Thanks for the help. Will go a relearn my eyes!

AndyK70 and Oblit0r like this.
  9. Oblit0r

Oblit0r Alien

Definitely not a fool, completely understandable to think that changing camera position also changes FoV.

10. Just to add my tuppence worth...
    I’ve read this thread with great interest. One thing that hasn’t been mentioned is Focus. When driving fast, under pressure in real life, your focus is completely “outside” the car, you don’t notice the dash or instruments, you don’t have time to refocus on the dash. To this end, for a single screen the position of the Bonnet (Hood) cam makes sense on a small single screen, especially with the length/seat position right back, so that you have your wings in your peripheral vision. The downside of that is the lack of raindrops, muck and so on on the screen. That could be overcome with programming.

jimmyjazz8585 and David Danser like this.
  11. dariusbull

dariusbull Rookie

@Aristotelis and everyone hi, imho the advice for developers to make things working more realistic as possibile (someone wrote it pages behind), is making a sort of internal app in view settings in which you put all your distance and measures information and it gives back the optimal view for cockpit/dash/helmet cam then if someone wants to change and adapt something he can as he wants.
    Iracing has something similar that sets almost auto your fov/pov.
    Then in every menu you could be a little bit more exhaustive (it's absurd I have to pick on web info about the right brake paddles I have to use or the view if are the expressed in cm/inches/ft....)
    All should be more exhaustive, in the specific case of views for example, height, distance, lateral, what sort of unit of lenght are?
    Sorry for my english I hope is correct what I mean
    I hope developers reads it

Last edited: Nov 26, 2020
    Thomas Cameron likes this.
  12. AndyK70

AndyK70 Alien

@dariusbull err... what has Aris to do with UI elements?o_O He is the guy for car handling/physics.In his latest Stream he explicitly pointed out, that although he like to be engaged with the community, he is not a community manager and he has his part in ACC and for every other aspect please don't bother him but use the correct channel.

JanR and chksix like this.
  13. dariusbull

dariusbull Rookie

Surely he has more contact then me with the developers or I'm wrong? I only know him partecipating on forum so I tried that way;)
    Then if you show me how I could send my point of view at right interlocutor I appreciate

14. AndyK70

AndyK70 Alien

Just post it in the right department on this forum without "calling" Aris by adding his nametag with @.
    Posts are read by Kunos stuff member and when relevant forwarded to the right person.
    Aris can't handle 500+ personal requests a day and it is not his job to do so. He has other stuff to do which would suffer a lot if he did.

jimmyjazz8585 likes this.
  15. dariusbull

dariusbull Rookie

sorry I can't edit more, I would cancel the tag

AndyK70 likes this.
  16. De Breuk

De Breuk Racer

If you have a curved screen do you need to do something with the projection correction option?

17. dariusbull

dariusbull Rookie

I had and I don't need

18. sps_for_race

sps_for_race Alien

19. OlivierMDVY

OlivierMDVY Racer

@DevTeam enhancement request: to have the capability to display the helmet even in the cockpit view.

Thanks.

20. WallyM

WallyM Alien

sps_for_race, sissydriver and AndyK70 like this.