1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Discussing GT4 in ACC

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by GONKO, Jul 21, 2020.

1. romandevision

romandevision Simracer

It seems to me that although GT4 forgets small mistakes, it requires stability and maximum driver performance and not allows a "ragged" ride.

Personally, it is easier for me to drive GT3.

TheBoss and Cirith Ungol like this.
  2. Cirith Ungol

Cirith Ungol Simracer

I don't think they're more easy to drive than GT3s, they're more forgiving (ie they are pretty stable and can eat kerbs, you have less risk to crash). But to be fast you have to have a deadly precision as having a bad line and loosing momentum is far more costly due to the lack of power. Overall I have more fun in GT4 as they permit more overtakes and close racing but I can understand that people don't really want to race in the lower class and having to yield with blue flags (male ego I think is to blame :D)

Edit : I didn't see Roman post above and I agree absolutely.

3. henkjansmits

henkjansmits Simracer

You don't have to yield the only thing is not defend.

The problem is multiclass takes more skill which is beyond a lot of drivers in the average MP server.

However for the CP stuff (which I really enjoyed in GT3 lately) I wish Kunos would:

1. bunch all the GT4 cars into 1 CP server.
    2. Show before you join CP server whether there are enough people willing to use GT4 to make fun race.

But somehow Kunos doesn't seem that intent on "perfecting" the CP stuff. Possibly because it's sort of a halfway house between actual iRacing scheduled racing with protest system and just normal pickup MP race.

chksix likes this.
  4. Leclettico

Leclettico Gamer

I tried to search with no results in the forum, but the Gt4 Paul Ricard 2019 layout is not the same in which the race was held.
    The GT4 layout has the chicane in the middle of rettifilo.
    I realized this by comparing the real race times, and then watching the events on Youtube.

romandevision and Mogster like this.
  5. Cirith Ungol

Cirith Ungol Simracer

Yeah it's known, the GT4 DLC is a car pack and so it came with no track. Maybe in the future the new layout will be available but don't be impatient and don't get false hopes.

AndyK70 and Leclettico like this.
  6. FriendOfJah

FriendOfJah Racer

I'm sure that a GT4 2020 DLC hopefully with the Ford Mustang and Toyota Supra will be coming $ometime $oon $o we can $pend even more on our favorite hobby. ;)

Mogster likes this.
  7. amonkey

amonkey Rookie

In a livestream Aris said, that they dont have the license for 2020 gt4.

8. AndyK70

AndyK70 Alien

... yet

He said "yet " :D

9. Want2BFast

Want2BFast Racer

So much meaning wrapped up in one small word, eh? @AndyK70 :)

Gives us hope!

Mogster, AndyK70 and FriendOfJah like this.
  10. FriendOfJah

FriendOfJah Racer

Here's hoping too! :)

Want2BFast likes this.
  11. Serge M

Serge M Alien

I find it a bit sad that the modern Supra has fallen in to GT4 ranks, Supra should be a GT3 class car. Nissan went the right way with the GTR.

FriendOfJah likes this.
  12. Felge Schneider

Felge Schneider Hardcore Simmer

The base car has 340 HP. I'd guess thats a bit low for GT3.

13. DecoySA

DecoySA Racer

If its nothing to do with DLC why are all the DLC tracks less popular and populated than the ones which come free with the game ? im fairly sure DLC is a factor in participation just as it is in just about every other game with paid DLC content that's separate from the main game.

I also disagree that GT4 is harder than GT3.

FriendOfJah likes this.
  14. GONKO

GONKO Racer

Imola had a bumper back to back weekend on tsg, servers literally stuffed.
    We've just had a 9 hour of kyalami.

The dlc stuff is just as popular, if not more so.

15. David Danser

David Danser Racer

for people who are looking for gt4 racing, check beta.simgrid.com

baboon, AndyK70 and chksix like this.
  16. AndyK70

AndyK70 Alien

Yeah, I'm racing there in my Camaro GT4, too and had many exciting races. I'm not the one to win races, more the one to be in the races and fill up the grid but having a blast. The racing is very clean, even at starts (T1) seldomly there is a crash. Not experienced a pile up so far in my 4 weeks being there.
    In the rules there is also that gentlemens agreement, if you push someone out or spin him, you wait for him and queue in behind him.
    I'm very pleased with the service and the races they provide. Sadly I'm not able to race every night.

17. Want2BFast

Want2BFast Racer

@AndyK70 I love the simgrid daily races as well. Like you I can’t race every night but it’s nice to have a decent place to race that doesn’t require a fixed time commitment that many leagues do, where you have to be there each week at a certain time or are penalized if you miss a session.

You mentioned rules - the only rules I found were for their non-daily races, which included stuff about liveries and other things. Would you mind pointing me to where the dailies rules are, I didn’t see any.

baboon, AndyK70 and David Danser like this.
  18. AndyK70

AndyK70 Alien

I was linked to the rules on their discord channel while I was in the #daily channel.
    So I think they want to have the same etiquette in the daily races as well, but not enforcing it so strictly (at least while it is still beta). Though there is a #incidents channel in the daily-races group, where you can report misbehavior.

Want2BFast and David Danser like this.
  19. baboon

baboon Alien

I am a little bit late to the GT4 party but finally there. Did my first couple of races in the Ginetta and like I hoped for it is totally awesome! Great sound and great handling. I love that the Ginetta allows for some abuse without suffering instant big time loss like it happens in GT3. Don't need to be that super-precise-machine-like with the throttle and coming off the brake because there is none of the aero pitch sensitivity.

At first I tried some open lobby, unfortunatly only very few drivers in there. Jumped in some mixed servers, basically had no GT4 racing there but it was fun surviving the starts with GT3s behind and enjoy some hint of multiclass feel when getting lapped. Also did the first championchip race, AI is kinda slow but at Monza I could still have a good race because the Ginetta is just weak there I guess. Also did the simgrid daily which was great. 30 guys battling for 25mins, people had fun and clean race.

Want2BFast and AndyK70 like this.
  20. timkoul

timkoul Rookie

Yes GT4 makes some really nice races. We just started a new points series yesterday with double 25min races on Thursday nights. First race was Brands Hatch and both races' winners were determined in the last lap!!
    If anyone wants to join, pm me...