1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Discussing GT4 in ACC

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by GONKO, Jul 21, 2020.

1. Want2BFast

Want2BFast Racer

The SimGrid daily races are fantastic places to have some fun with the GT4s. I just wish that the North American servers had more drivers interested. GT4 seems more popular in Europe.

2. f1200racer

f1200racer Racer

I'm in Canada and when I get online its around 8:30 to 11:30pm EST there is not one gt4 race servers with anyone on it. tried once just entering it and waiting no one showed up. unfortunately my work schedule doesn't allow me to enter any leagues as I could not commit. Shame hey are fun...I will have to look into the SimGrid races.

David Danser, Want2BFast and AndyK70 like this.
  3. mike reynolds

mike reynolds Hardcore Simmer

Did my 1st sim grid race today. 33 card grid for GT4, great fun and very clean

AndyK70 and Want2BFast like this.
  4. Want2BFast

Want2BFast Racer

Yup, they are a good place to race. Nothing is perfect but I’ve chatted with their developers and they seem to genuinely want to make a good place that is clean and fair and works for new simracers as well as pros.

David Danser, FriendOfJah and AndyK70 like this.
  5. FriendOfJah

FriendOfJah Racer

Do you have a link to their site? Thanks.

6. AndyK70

AndyK70 Alien

baboon, Want2BFast and FriendOfJah like this.
  7. FriendOfJah

FriendOfJah Racer

8. Roy_33

Roy_33 Gamer

Gt4 is great, last couple of days did a couple races, also in thesimgrid, decided to start some gt4 servers, as there are not many available.

Search roy33 to find them in the lobby

AndyK70 and chksix like this.
  9. FriendOfJah

FriendOfJah Racer

I leave my server up as a Public GT4 server when not in league use. Search “Every” to find my Every Lap Counts server.

10. OBigO

OBigO Rookie

We will have a ginetta gt4 season starting in a few weeks races will be at 9pm est. Check out our discord if you are interested https://discord.gg/wDRyYSfQ

Want2BFast likes this.
  11. Want2BFast

Want2BFast Racer

Very kind of you but I need to be wrapping up on weeknights by 9pm as I start work early the next day.

12. stefb

stefb Rookie

Hi all , is there a way to move the "fake" dashboard in the alpine and ktm ? a file to modify ?
    I play with my real wheel in fornt of the screen , and i move all cars views to have the dash visible through my wheel. But this dash is too high by default on the screen.

13. Nev Roberts

Nev Roberts Racer

When in the pits hit pause then in "view settings" you can adjust the height and a range of other settings to put the dash where you want it.

14. MJ911

MJ911 Racer

For those looking for gt4 racing, a new sprint series starts this Tuesday at SimracingOnline.
    About 20 drivers already signed up

chksix likes this.
  15. stefb

stefb Rookie

I don t think we're talking about the same thing :) . It's the "special" dashbopard for the Ktm and Alpine GT4 i want to move to the bottom of the screen. And i see no options for that. thanks anayway.

I think this dash is done to be centered in the cockpit view 0, (the one with no wheel) and d'ont move when you change some disposition settings

16. sps_for_race

sps_for_race Alien

Is this the
    you are talking about?

Dash.JPG
    vDash.JPG

You can edit "safezone Bottom" the hud.json

hud.JPG
    C:\Users\User\Documents\Assetto Corsa Competizione\Config

Dash_.JPG

Want2BFast likes this.
  17. stefb

stefb Rookie

Yes !!! Thanks
    It's a little above the other hud options so to have it where i want, i had to put the value -10 (i don' t use the speed hud option so it s not a problem , on the ranking just the las name is not visible.

Thanks again, now i can use this alpine !

sps_for_race likes this.
  18. LATE4APEX

LATE4APEX Alien

Maybe a little off subject here, but any of the "aero" experts know if GT4 have any/enough diffuser to be effected by rear ride height ?

I can't seem to find anything conclusive on this, so my question is, if I want to better top end, will lowering the rear ride height help.

My theory is, if there is no diffuser, or nothing of any significance, I would think that lowering the rear ride height would reduce the angle of attack of the rear wing, and therefor reduce drag. (and of coarse down force)

Have played around with this a bit, but haven't found anything conclusive, probably because my driving isn't consistent enough to prove anything.

I drive the Camaro, which seems to me have "less" top end than the higher horse power cars, which is of coarse logical.

19. Cirith Ungol

Cirith Ungol Simracer

On the GT4 the rear ride height is only there to stiffen the rear (I remember Aris' stream where tortellini asked why do all alien GT4 setup have a higher rear ride height). It may help also help the rear wing but from playing with it, even with 0 wing I never felt high speed instability .

Edit : I searched and found the exact moment ! And now I see the that it's stiffer to body roll, not stiffer in general.
    Time : 1:58:20

Last edited: Jan 17, 2021
  20. LATE4APEX

LATE4APEX Alien

^
    Thanks for that, would have thought that if one wanted roll stiffness at one end, thats what ARL bars are for.

Any how, I'll try going full extremes on the rear height, and see what comes out.