1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Generic Weekly Hotlap Challenge 206 – American Brands

Discussion in 'Console Lounge' started by Totall Wrytoff, Dec 12, 2020.

1. Welcome to the penultimate challenge of 2020, the Weekly Hotlap Challenge 206 - American Brands.
    Assetto Corsa and Assetto Corsa Competizione Chevrolet challenges at Brands Hatch

Assetto Corsa Challenge: Hotlap
    Car: Chevrolet Corvette C7R
    Track: Brands Hatch
    **AMBIENT TEMP at 10C**
    upload_2020-12-12_17-59-40.png
    upload_2020-12-12_17-59-46.png
    Thundering V8s!
    First thing to note about this week’s challenge is the lovely noise of the Chevy V8. A great, fat, rumbling noise that builds as the power grows.
    The maximum drive by noise limit at Brands Hatch is 92 dB….
    The second thing, in the case of the ‘Vette, is that there is a huge roll cage strut arranged across the windscreen. Visibility is seriously compromised!
    You’ll soon forget that though. Working this motor around Brands is absorbing. With TCS off, traction is good, the car responds well to the helm and there is plenty of power. Plenty! It feels like more than the quoted “495+” BHP. I think “Plus” could mean another 100 horses.

Brands Hatch is a circuit where you need to thread the corners together and get into a rhythm. The C7R will provide an epic soundtrack!

Stats, Tyres and Times:
    Tyres are slicks, compounds range from SuperHard to SuperSoft all at 26 psi
    Fastest lap is a 1.21.997 by Vrzl
    upload_2020-12-12_18-0-4.png

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Back to back, on the same track?

**The Corvette C7R has 495+bhp and weighs 1320kg**
    **The Camaro GT4R has 480bhp and weighs 1420kg**
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Assetto Corsa Competizione Challenge: Hotlap
    Car: Chevrolet Camaro GT4R
    Track: Brands Hatch
    Time: 17:00
    Weather: CLEAR
    upload_2020-12-12_18-0-22.png
    upload_2020-12-12_18-0-27.png
    Mike’s challenge this week is a “blast at Brands!”

Quick question, it has been asked before, but always fun - how do you pronounce Camaro?

In 1966, at its launch, the US motoring press asked Chevrolet, “what is a Camaro?” They were told it was a small, vicious animal that eats Mustangs.
    If you enjoy this week’s challenge, you can pop a Camaro GT4R on your Christmas list. $259,000 gets you a race-ready car, featuring a 480hp dry-sump 6.2-litre V8, Xtrac six-speed sequential transmission, lots of carbon fibre, fully adjustable suspension and a wind tunnel tested aero pack. The fuel and tyres may well double the bill!

Tyres:
    Ideal operating pressures are 26.5 (26.3- 27.2)

☆☆PLEASE NOTE: WHC 205 IS STILL OPEN UNTIL 18:00 (GMT+1) TOMORROW. ☆☆

---------------------------------------------------
    How to take part:
    *Assetto Corsa Challenge*
    To enter the Assetto Corsa Challenge, select Hotlap, choose Chevrolet Corvette C7R and the Brands Hatch circuit. Please setup the session as follows:
    Mode: Hotlap
    Setup: Ambient Temp: 10 DegC
    Time of day: Free / Controller: Free / Assists: Free / Stability: Free.

*Assetto Corsa Competizione Challenge*
    To enter the Assetto Corsa Competizione Challenge select Single Player and:
    1. Chevrolet Camaro GT4R
    2. Challenge type: Hotlap
    3. Time of day: 17:00
    4. Track: Brands Hatch
    5. Weather type: Clear
    6. Dynamic Weather: Disabled
    7. Cloud: n/a
    8. Ave Temp: n/a
    9. Grip level: Optimum
    10. Wetness: n/a
    11. Standing water: n/a
    The screen shot required to enter your time is in Timetables at the end of the session.
    Realism and Assist Settings are up to you. Ideally, please use PRO

POSTING FORMAT:
    For ease of admin, please use the following format to post your times to be included on the leader boards:
    * Improvement
    (Only required if you have already posted a time)
    * Challenge – AC or AC Bonus or ACC
    * Your name (as you would like it to appear on the leaderboard)
    * Your time - shown as x.xx.xxx. (This week it is your fastest lap)
    * ACC Hoststint Number of Laps
    * Your platform
    (PC Xb1 PS4)
    * Screen shot showing your time.
    (Optional but in the spirit) Your thoughts or any comment
    Please post video clips and share information here as well.

You can run as many laps as you can manage and update your times as often as you like. It is all about taking part, pushing yourself and enjoying Assetto Corsa and Competizione. All Platforms are welcome. To submit a time, pause the game and select 'session' from the menu and screenshot this page or take a photo of your screen and post it in this thread - Note all the information from the screen is required including temperature, mode heading (Hotlap) and of course the car being used!

Deadline: Sunday 20th December 2020
    Chequered Flag will drop shortly before 6pm.

Last edited: Dec 13, 2020

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge 276 Jun 11, 2022
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge 275 Jun 4, 2022
    Chit Chat Room Weekly Hotlap Challenge May 21, 2022
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge 274 May 21, 2022
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge 273 May 14, 2022
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge #272 May 1, 2022
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge 271 Apr 26, 2022
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge #262 Jan 29, 2022
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge #261 Jan 22, 2022
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge #260 Jan 15, 2022
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge #259 Jan 8, 2022
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge #258 Jan 1, 2022
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge #257 Dec 27, 2021
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge #256 Dec 18, 2021
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge #255 Dec 11, 2021

3. Rod100

Rod100 Hardcore Simmer

AC
    Rod100
    Xb1

After several days, my chances of improving at the green hell are minimal, so starting with the C7R (at first sight I had read CR7, what? Cristiano Ronaldo???)[​IMG]

Sent from my ASUS_Z012DC using Tapatalk

4. Peggy11

Peggy11 Hardcore Simmer

@Totall Wrytoff damn you!

Double Brands Hatch :eek:

Anyone would think you're trying to stop me walking away from AC :p

5. sissydriver

sissydriver Alien

Totall Wrytoff, Peggy11 and Rod100 like this.
  6. Neilski

Neilski Alien

You mean that wasn't quicker?? :eek::D

Totall Wrytoff and Peggy11 like this.
  7. sissydriver

sissydriver Alien

AC
    Sissydriver
    PC

WHC206AC1.jpg

As Peggy11 has already written: it is a slow farewell to AC.
    Through the updates, ACC has become better and better. 1.6 has taken another (for me big) step towards driving fun. :)

Here in AC the Corvette is for e.g. also really great at the beginning - then the sound, which is not as varied, and above all the much less communicative FFB is annoying.
    In the last few weeks I have started AC from time to time and, after the first happy minutes, put it aside in disappointment. :oops:

Last two weeks: ACC vs AC 25h vs 2.5h o_O

Well, that's the way things go.

Now I'm looking forward to the Camaro - the beast that eats the curbs. :cool:

8. sissydriver

sissydriver Alien

9. sissydriver

sissydriver Alien

ACC
    Sissydriver
    PC

WHC206ACC1.jpg

WHC206ACC1a.jpg
    little drift

WHC206ACC1b.jpg

cow is hungry

10. mike reynolds

mike reynolds Hardcore Simmer

I don’t know...but it definitely isn’t cow-maro (take note sissy driver)

11. Neilski

Neilski Alien

This challenge is over, you win Mike! :D:D:D

12. mike reynolds

mike reynolds Hardcore Simmer

ACC
    Mike Reynolds
    PC

ACC Camaro Brands.PNG

13. Peggy11

Peggy11 Hardcore Simmer

ACC
    Peggy11
    1:32:877
    PC

Camaro Hotlap.png

It took me ages to get a complete decent lap, this car seems very understeery to me! Possibly the big hunk of engine sitting up front? :confused:

14. sissydriver

sissydriver Alien

@Totall Wrytoff - Is it possible to participate in ACC in practice mode? It is not an advantage compared to Hotlap, is it? Or am I missing something?

Edit: Sorry, could be an advantage, cause optimal tyre pressures are possible. :oops:

Hmm.... :confused:

Last edited: Dec 14, 2020
    Peggy11 and Totall Wrytoff like this.
  15. sissydriver

sissydriver Alien

no big difference, but much more fun :D

(1.33.060 vs 1.33.084)

WHC206_ACC_prac.jpg

16. GoodGame.eXistenZ

GoodGame.eXistenZ Hardcore Simmer

AC
    GoodGame.eXistenZ
    1:21:171
    PC

I lost a bit in the last sector - laptime below 1:21 is possible with some effort and tuning.

[​IMG]
    Video:

Neilski, Rod100, Peggy11 and 2 others like this.
  17. It's not obvious where you lost the time in the last sector, looks typically smooth and controlled!:)

Peggy11 and sissydriver like this.
  18. @sissydriver , you may have answered your own question, I'm not sure and I'll defer to @mike reynolds for a decision on that.:)

Neilski, Peggy11 and sissydriver like this.
  19. HandyAndy1962

HandyAndy1962 Hardcore Simmer

ACC
    HandyAndy1962
    1:34.971
    PC

Managed to eliminate most of the brake locking but struggling through the corners. Not sure if it might be due to the car being left hand drive, although I've never noticed it being a problem in the past. I reduced the steering angle but still not perfect.

Attached Files:

20. sissydriver

sissydriver Alien

brake locking sounds wrong to me. what abs and brake bias do you use? with 2 and 55.6% i have no locking. with all these electronics wizardry the actual gt3/gt4s should NOT struggle with brake locking with the correct settings.

21. Peggy11

Peggy11 Hardcore Simmer

AC
    Peggy11
    1:25:455
    PC

CR7 Hotlap.png

Rather than end my AC hotlap participation on a Nordschleife no show I thought I'd end it on a Brands Hatch slow show.

A sedate lap in the winter dusk to wrap things up :)