1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

MULTIPLAYER Competition Server changes 1.6.5

Discussion in 'ACC Blog' started by Minolin, Dec 9, 2020.

1. Minolin

Minolin Staff Member KS Dev Team

Starting today, we've changed the known cycle to the CP server schedule. A quick summary:

1) Strict cycle

We now run a simple, reliable cycle of all known tracks baked into one sequence. Their appearance is based on the date of the last official race (usually the 2020 season, or e.g. 2018 for Zolder).

Starting with the first january of each year, the sequence is:
    Code:
    mount_panorama
    laguna_seca
    zolder
    silverstone
    monza
    imola
    misano
    suzuka
    nurburgring
    hungaroring
    zandvoort
    barcelona
    paul_ricard
    kyalami
    spa

So far DLC tracks had a special treatment, but with the growing number of extra tracks this is becoming too complicated.

2) Reduced random track usage

Until now, we simply ran random track conditions every 2nd day. While the usage numbers indicate there is no clear preference between fixed and random tracks, the appearance of more and more DLC tracks lead to the problem of running vanilla tracks overproportionally often.
    Additionally, both the 2019 and 2020 BoP are very good and already take care of the #1 reason for the random track approach: we do expect to see a healthy car variety anyways, so it is not necessary to keep the random tracks anymore.

As it is a nice mode that definitively asks for different skills and has its fans, we will offer one "random track" day per month. Instead of "every 2nd day" it is moving to "every 5th of the month".

3) Advanced weather settings

After quite rainy CP server settings for a few weeks, we now introduced a more elaborate structure based on probabilities and server split:

30%: the weather scenario we've seen during the past weeks. Highly dynamic with a good chance for dry weather, but the possibility to turn into a medium rain sequence that will favor wet tyre compounds.
    Inside those 30%, the splits 1 is able to roll the dice for a cold race weekend with strong gravity to medium rain with 5% chance, and the wet setup is the safe bet.

70%: more traditional CP server weather: high chance for sunshine and dry; but changes are quite possible. if it rains, it will be more of a quick shower in the light rain bracket.
    Inside here, splits 1+2 are able to hit a 5% chance for a comparably hot race weekend (dry, blue sky) where tyre temperatures will be something you want to manage.

4) BrGT track integration
    To offer a track sequence that won't quickly change in few months, we already added placeholders for the BrGT DLC tracks into the current CP server schedule, replacing them with random track days. They will turn into the corresponding DLC tracks on release day, without changing the rest of the calendar.

5) json file
    Given the rules above, it should be possible to create a calendar already. For reference, see the attached cpCalendar.json file that contains December 2020 and the year 2021. Modders and content creators offering CP calendar views can use this file to validate their prediction.

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 6, 2021

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    XBox One Discussions I FINALLY got my SA to play in Competition servers on xbox one and...... Feb 2, 2024
    General modding discussion AC2 dedicated server API for competition systems Apr 16, 2023
    ACC Multiplayer Kunos Competition Servers@ACC: Incident Report missing Jun 23, 2022
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions empty competition server Jun 7, 2022
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Competition Server requiring DLCs already installed May 7, 2022
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Incorrect Competition Server Region Feb 13, 2022
    ACC Multiplayer SA Competition Server problems Jan 22, 2022
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions ACC PS4 competition server Dec 19, 2021
    ACC Rating & Leaderboards Can't join Competition Server constantly says 'Please Refresh' [Screenshot included] Dec 19, 2021
    ACC Blog Competition Server changes - 1.8.4 Nov 26, 2021
    ACC Multiplayer SA Competition servers broken Jun 19, 2021
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions I raced in Competition Server and got 0 CP Mar 28, 2021
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Competition Servers in Need of Serious Attention Jan 21, 2021
    ACC Multiplayer Competition Server uses unreleased tracks on random select Dec 15, 2020
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Quick join and Competition Server not working Nov 17, 2020

3. gijzijtdood

gijzijtdood Rookie

Why did the start hour change from 7pm to 8pm? Now I can't do CP races anymore :(

CWZCJ likes this.
  4. SimonTemplar

SimonTemplar Rookie

I'm in EU and all of a sudden ACC seems to think I'm in the US region? Did I do something wrong?

5. gijzijtdood

gijzijtdood Rookie

you should have voted for Trump :D

Wolf WolfZ likes this.
  6. SimonTemplar

SimonTemplar Rookie

It fixed itself overnight, hopefully it stays that way.

7. Dewald Nel

Dewald Nel Hardcore Simmer

Normally it's due to your PC time being incorrect, it probably auto updated when you started your PC today.

8. Dewald Nel

Dewald Nel Hardcore Simmer

This is great, I hated random - join and it's most likely <insert worst tracks here>, at least they're a lot fewer now.

Will do a few more CP races now for sure.

9. CWZCJ

CWZCJ Rookie

Please put the CP time back to previous, it is 1 hour late I can’t do CP racing.

10. gijzijtdood

gijzijtdood Rookie

CP server of 8pm didn't work. The counter didn't start. It was Imola split 2/5

11. Frankenstoner

Frankenstoner Rookie

Yeah this seems to be happening pretty often in the last days.. It's really annoying.. :(

12. anthonylroy

anthonylroy Hardcore Simmer

Same for me

13. gijzijtdood

gijzijtdood Rookie

@Minolin
    Again not able to join CP server. 20.00PM
    Registered, but when I try to join the game just flicks back to the main screen!
    What is going on Guys????

Last edited: Dec 15, 2020
  14. Tried to to my first CP race two days ago but the race never started. Everyone left, time did not start, no one could leave the pits. Its frustrating

15. menos | M6

menos | M6 Hardcore Simmer

Sometimes during work on a server, updates do take some time to work on and get to full running condition.
    Give the devs some slack guys.

If you experience repeated issues like this just leave a really short and matter of fact description with an appropriate ticket in the support section (don't forget to attach your logs per the instructions - only with logs will you provide useful information).
    These tickets will likely stay unanswered but can hold valuable information for the devs who may be working on the server.

Don't be frustrated.
    If the CP works, great, if it doesn't just jump on one of the public servers and race there or even better make sure you have your calendar planned out with regular league races and single endurance events and enjoy what ACC is best at.
    If that doesn't work, just set up a proper fully simulated race weekend and race the AI. There is always racing to do in ACC.

ACC is still a continuously improving product and we keep receiving gifts from the devs, so be nice and treat people online like you would treat real people around you.

Elrann, AndyK70 and sissydriver like this.
  16. Minolin

Minolin Staff Member KS Dev Team

We've had a bugfix that wouldn't work as intended; I'll deploy it in a minute so today's CP servers should be good again

17. Captain Barracuda

Captain Barracuda Hardcore Simmer

Did the bugfix include an Australian CP server, or at least some races on the US CP that are suitable for our timezone?

18. quelus

quelus Rookie

This is the greatest change you could have done for ACC.
    I am sure many players will appreciate this.
    Finally, dear God, thank you.

19. Yisus

Yisus Gamer

@Minolin do you have participation stats about race lenght and %drivers running? Is there any chance to share some data with us? At least talking about percentage of users who have raced in CP servers order by CET Time would be great to have a look. :)

I think you could offer a daily race about 90 min lenght, maintaining the classic ones with 45 and 60 mins. :D (I have not seen the numbers but people will love to get the chance to inscribe in that posibility)

20. schumivr

schumivr Rookie

I am in the US and for the last few days I am seeing region EU! And the times are also messed up. Is this a bug? Do I have to config something?

21. nfsw55

nfsw55 Hardcore Simmer

Instead of the 2h race, which was scheduled for today, I see two 1h races, one at 8pm and 10pm each, is this a bug or as designed?