1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Stefano Casillo moves on to new adventures from Kunos Simulazioni

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by Ecnelis, Apr 2, 2020.

1. Luis Branco

Luis Branco Alien

A closed build was made available today to test the new AI.

pemigris likes this.
  2. Stains

Stains Simracer

They should make it open for us to test , maybe an opt in for those who want to or can test to help find issues.

3. Luis Branco

Luis Branco Alien

Kunos test the build themselves, of course, and I believe there is a group of test drivers to whom a password protected build can be made available when and if Kunos find it justifiable and relevant.
    There were other cases where builds were also made available to a larger number of drivers with a public beta, when the aspects to be tested are relevant, namely multiplayer.
    For AI, probably there isn't great benefits to have a large crowd of testers, but rather a smaller group that can provide relevant feedback about it, without needing to filter all the feedback noise that would happen if a public beta was made available.

I'm not part of the test drivers’ group.

4. Felge Schneider

Felge Schneider Hardcore Simmer

To test the changes efficiently, you also need to know, what exactly was changed.
    These are informations, you don't always want to make public for obvious reasons.

AndyK70 and sissydriver like this.
  5. RDGNL

RDGNL Simracer

Public beta testing is useless. The average user will join the beta test channel and then complain that something doesn't work without properly documenting how to reproduce the issue, making it next to useless. They're usually the same people who then complain that their issue isn't fixed yet after every minor update.

6. Stains

Stains Simracer

I don't think its useless, as a matter of fact I've just signed into the closed beta for AMS 2 to help test some of their hot new additions :cool: No complaining from me or others that have logged into that branch, we aren't forced to sign in and only do with the intent to help ;)

rolandhuijer and Whitestar like this.
  7. GRFOCO

GRFOCO Alien

Hi Stefano.
    I'll leave here this suggestion 'cause otherwise i don't know how to contact you.

Ther's a good Ita/Eng sail channel where this 2 guys talk (a lot) about sails and obviously, also about the new AC75.
    https://www.youtube.com/user/vdalbertas

I follow this channel from about 1 month, and i've recovered also some "old" videos (6months / 1year) and for a sail-newbie like me this is pure gold.
    They explain in a very simple way many many features about the new AC75.
    Maybe this are all well-knowed stuff for you, but if ther's something that can help your physics developmment for Hydrofoil, i'm happy to share this with you.

Last edited: Dec 4, 2020
  8. thx, I am aware of the channel, I actually chatted with Pietro (one of the 2 guys) a couple of times about sailing stuff.

Vel, rycil, sissydriver and 1 other person like this.
  9. GRFOCO

GRFOCO Alien

Just seen the first 2 Americas Cup days, the new boat are promising talking about pure show. What i don't like is the race format: race field, penalty system, reces too short.
    But already good races between NZ and USA, USA and LR.
    BUT
    mid 90 -> mid 2000 AC's class was way way better imho.

Talking about Hydrofoil now i'm very curious to try this new AC75, even if watching the real boats, it's a little scary thinking how hard can be control it by only one player.

10. GRFOCO

GRFOCO Alien

Lord, any news?

11. ya but not good news :).
    Sadly living on a boat is much harder than I thought and development on Hydrofoil Generation is proceeding reeeeeeeeealy slow.

I'm having a lot of fun however watching the races during the last 3 nights.. can't wait for tomorrow's finals... Vola Luna Rossa :p

After_Midnight and GRFOCO like this.
  12. Mogster

Mogster Alien

I know nothing about sailing but I like tech, being British know who Ben Ainsley is and the America’s Cup boats looked interesting so I gave it a go this morning. I enjoyed the whole thing more than I expected, the hydrofoil boats are fascinating things, amazing you can go so fast with so little wind.

As an ardent F1 fan from some research the America’s Cup really does remind me of F1... From the design of the boats, to the massive budgets involved, to the legal arguments about design, to the armchair sailors complaining they don’t like the new boats and the ones from 20 years ago were “proper” boats. It was easy to feel at home...

chksix and stefanoCasillo like this.
  13. hopefully Sir Ben will be able to get his boys together and come back with a competitive boat in 3 weeks time.

Mogster likes this.
  14. Guidofoc

Guidofoc Alien

I am following a few youtube "boat-couples" (Sailing Uma, Sailing SV Delos, Odd Life Crafting) and a good chunk of their videos is about how they fix-replace things-do maintenance on the boat. I suspect that in order to live on a boat you need to be part mechanic, part plumber, part electrician, part sailor, part monk. Sea life surely gives lots of rewards, but when you're on the sea it's you alone. Certainly Internet has changed things as you can work from anywhere but it's still a quite special life style. Good luck!

stefanoCasillo likes this.
  15. ya it's scary how often things break up even on a new boat like mine.
    I am really terrible at these things so it's really hard for me to figure out what to do and how to do it, I am all software and no hardware kind of man :p... and that plus all the study and exams for the licenses I need to get in order to sail around and learning to actually sail the damn thing leaves me really few brain power to sit down and code... hopefully it'll get better in the future.

16. WallyM

WallyM Alien

There's a saying you might have heard: "A boat is a hole in the water into which you pour money".

rycil, After_Midnight, chksix and 2 others like this.
  17. chksix

chksix Hardcore Simmer

Or the Whitbread/Volvo sail simulator: Stand in an ice cold shower for days while tearing up 500$ notes.

Titi Colectinha likes this.
  18. GRFOCO

GRFOCO Alien

Hi Lord.
    Today is the day (...or the night, in our case...)
    What's your anticipations about Prada Cup and America's Cup?

Heart says Luna Rossa, but my brain says (and i don't know why) Britannia for Prada cup and a 50/50 scenario or 45/55 scenario in the America's Cup with the Kiwis.
    Finger crossed anyway, the 3 contenders seems to be really close each other, i'd like to see extreme fight and interesting regattas between them.

And what about Hidrofoil?

19. Hard to say, the boats seem to be quite well matched and that should be a good thing for spectators.

I don't really have good vibes about Luna Rossa.. the boat seems to be very good in maneuvering and low wind conditions but also seems to lack in pure straight line speed... possibly due to the fact that they are running bigger foils than opponents.
    They were also pretty unlucky with the schedule because they will race twice on sunday when the forecast gives the strongest winds (still low tho).. the ideal day for them should be saturday with a forecast of 7-8kn of wind and also friday (tonight).
    In order to win they will have to win the starts and stay on the opponent forcing them to change direction as often as possible.. the fear is that in a split or pure straight line race LR might loose too much.
    Obviously the other hope is that they've been hiding during the xmas cup and the recent practice sessions this week.. but I really don't see why they would do that to be honest.

Anyway.. super excited, alarm set.. it's going to be a great weekend of Up All Night, Sleep All Day :p

As for Hydrofoil Generation I don't have good news sadly, as life took precedence over work and with all my attempts to make the boats fun to drive that ended up in failures (things are either impossibly hard or too easy) I am very close to throw the towel and start thinking to something else.

GRFOCO and sissydriver like this.
  20. sissydriver

sissydriver Alien

One should always give wise advice when not asked for it.

Living on a boat is a challenge.
    Living on a boat and developing software is a big challenge.
    Living on a boat and developing software and having two cats with you is a very big challenge.
    Living on a boat and developing software and having two cats with you and learning to sail is a very big, huge challenge.
    Living on a boat and developing software and having two cats with you and learning to sail and improving an AI is a very big, huge and incredible challenge.
    Living on a boat and developing software and having two cats with you and learning to sail and improving an AI and wanting to play music and and and is a very big, huge and incredible and enormous and I'm at a loss for words challenge.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2021
    AndyK70 and stefanoCasillo like this.