1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Who's at Fault? - Discussing Racecraft and Incidents

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by m_box97, Jan 15, 2020.

1. chksix

chksix Hardcore Simmer

What point do you aim the line at? Front bumper, helmet or tail of the car? The display needs to show very clearly if you are too far forward vs the desired position.

2. You're talking about the race start widget?

3. chksix

chksix Hardcore Simmer

4. Usually I'm trying to stay at the upper third of the widget like you can see in the picture below ( and of course as much as possible to the track side the widget is pointing at):
    [​IMG]

As I remember right the race start was way more strict some time ago, but people complained about the given DT penalties.

5. Felge Schneider

Felge Schneider Hardcore Simmer

Since it's racing and the rules are the same for everyone, I try to be as much at the front of the slot as possible (often doing a terrible job, trying it though :) )

After_Midnight likes this.
  6. devil in me

devil in me Racer

As an example,, midnight tries to stay on the upper third part. Me when i focus on it, try to stay even ahaed of that, just enough for the widget says to me go back a little more. but if u are willing to test the limits u stay there after the widget send u back and test how far u can go till it gives u a dt for that race. On the last video in this thread the 2nd place was probably ahaed of it enough for the app dont give u a DT, and the 1st place was sleeping behind, way behing almost on the back limit. I myself don't blame the 2nd for that. its not his fault the first place dont keep up. at least i see it that way. i have been in races where i start first and the second place was ahaed of me. i saw it and didnt care. its up to me if i want to be on the edge or not. How much im willing to go behind or ahaed for the first laps.

After_Midnight likes this.
  7. Winston

Winston Hardcore Simmer

I don't agree . The point of the widget ( and it's not a mini game as some call it) is to attempt got get people to adhere to the rules i.e not pass until the green. As long as I'm in my original position when the lights go green I'm happy although it's great if you can get a run on someone and have a speed advantage or just quicker reactions. Generally pace and consistency win races and I'd rather spend my energy working on that.

8. devil in me

devil in me Racer

But that should be the widget problem, when the second car is at the foward limit, the pole car should be still ahaed.
    if im inside the gate and the pole its behind me, its not my problem.

9. Winston

Winston Hardcore Simmer

If you are happy to win like that carry on. I'm just saying I know the rules and like to obey them regardless of what others are doing.

10. devil in me

devil in me Racer

Winston i think u missing my point here. but nevermind.

Im not saying i win races because of that or i win them in T1 in lap 1.

Let me explain better, so, im not saying i like the widget or do i think its well made/thought.
    The widget was built in game without that in mind, its not my fault or anyone else that uses the widget as was built to.

Let me give u another example, the rule u show us said after the official car goes to the pit, the leader will accelarate to 110kph and take over the start of the race,
    "190. When all cars are lined up side-by-side for the start, the Official Leading Car will reduce the speed of the field to 50 km/h before pulling off the track into the pit lane. From that moment, the car on pole position will be in charge of the speed. The leader will then slowly increase his speed to a maximum of 110 Km/Hr by the moment of the start. Drivers are not allowed to overtake before they see the green start lights."

In the last video posted why did the leader slow down instead of "The leader will then slowly increase his speed to a maximum of 110 Km/Hr", he should be getting a penalty, not the second place. second place once again was inside the gates, didnt had a DT.

In another sim, those are the type of leaders that ruin the race in T1 because causing massive brake checks and desconcerning the whole field even before the race starts.

So IF u ask me that i think the second place should be behind the leader if the leader is wrecless, no i don't think it should be. So when im inside the gate and the guy ahaed of me its behind me. its his problem not mine. i have a gate to be inside, the gate as limits, inside those limits im good.

if the distances between my gate and the ones around me are not in the correct place , its nothing i or you can do about, u need to play the way its there now.

11. Winston

Winston Hardcore Simmer

Well my point is if someone respects the spirit of the law ( or in this case the reason the widget is there ) not just the letter they would make small allowances and not seek to jump ahead before the green anyway, you still have control of the throttle . Some people, according the responses in this thread are actively seeking to gain positions before the green. As @AndyK70 said , stewards would give a penalty for this, plus what about it just being unsportsmanlike. Race hard and race fair.

AndyK70 and Elrann like this.
  12. devil in me

devil in me Racer

Exactly there would be a penalty to the leader for slowing down and causing brake checks in the wholle field behind.

13. Felge Schneider

Felge Schneider Hardcore Simmer

So to get this straight: Is the starting widget buggy, which makes it exploitable or is the P2 just further ahead in his "grid place window", in the first case, it should be something to be sorted out by the software and bad practice from the driver, like exploits in gaming usually are.

In the second case though, the P2 driver just uses the given circumstances (the start is completely managed by the widget script) to get an edge on the start, which every racer would do, just think about the atrocious track limits in Spa.

14. devil in me

devil in me Racer

If he was further ahead, he would get a DT penalty, he didn't get one.

15. Winston

Winston Hardcore Simmer

I don't think that's true, someone said ( and I agree ) that it was very strict but people complained so a margin of error was added. That's what people seem to be taking advantage of.

I think ( but I'm sure opinions differ ) that the middle of the car should be along side the bright green bar. If you were supposed to be up at the top edge of the yellow, the green bar would be up there.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2020
    AndyK70 likes this.
  16. It's hard to tell without having a look at both widgets during the race start. There is still of course a certain limit before you will get a DT. It even matters how long you're over the limit.
    Another fact should be considerated. Maybe @moeppling was just too slow.

devil in me likes this.
  17. devil in me

devil in me Racer

No more drama ???
    its everyone driving safely in ACC now ?

do i need to be the goat again ? :)

I want rage and blood... come on!!!!

David Danser and Winston like this.
  18. devil in me

devil in me Racer

how bad would be to have a button in the replay in game, to save small clips of incidents and upload them directly here into the forum, or in a proper section in game, where people would do exatly the same we been doing here.

I know this is kinda of a rage and unhealthy thread most times, but there are always people willing to learn and understand their mistakes, but they don't know how to do it, coming into a forum its not something most people do, but maybe with something in game for it would help.

The big issue with that would be guys that think they know stuff, and they want to impose themselfs into everyone else with their point of view, and no one as control on that :/
    Like the example we had here not long ago with the "hotlapper".

i may have felt from bed and hit my head :)

sps_for_race and David Danser like this.
  19. devil in me

devil in me Racer

well since no one have complains lately, i uploaded a race, if any one interested in judging the incidents on it.

there was only one contact the whole race, i say wasnt my fault, but im pretty sure most disagree.

20. Maybe some kind of time stamp?

David Danser and AndyK70 like this.