1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Assetto Corsa Competizione - 2020 Generic discussion

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by dave967, Oct 22, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. devil in me

devil in me Racer

sometimes it does. But often i end up with 1 or 2 red servers (the ones u dont have dlc), another 2 full and another one or two empty. a few with low SA and then the rest...

And looks like its the same for everyone.

P.s Right now its working as u said.

2. Elrann

Elrann Simracer

I think that no one can say that Kunos ignoring its community and that they not care about it or about some features.

Honestly, I can’t find in my head any other developer that implemented so much “community requests” as Kunos. Yeah, a lot of them would be implemented anyways, but still .

And server search is maybe not the best out there, but at the end of the day, it just works fine and do its primary job.

LATE4APEX and Liakitsos like this.
  3. Hagen

Hagen Hardcore Simmer

To those who complain about lack of communication from the devs...

Did you know: You can "follow" each dev here in the forums?
    Did you know: The forum has a "news feed" option?

If you did, then you would not say they are lazy, deaf, stubborn...from their point of view it just isnt sensible to try to answer/please anything/anyone.
    I am on this forum since AC-Tech Demo days and i applaud them for being so active, open and listening.
    They dont have to, they could just hire a useless community manager.

Try to be respectful, they are not taking the easy way.

4. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Racer

Where is the news feed option? I can't seem to find it

5. Hagen

Hagen Hardcore Simmer

On the top, there is a red line under the forum banner. On the right side you click on "your name".

Last edited: Dec 29, 2020
    Mogster likes this.
  6. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Racer

Okay, so I follow people and then when they post it shows in the newsfeed? Is that how it works?

Hagen likes this.
  7. anthonylroy

anthonylroy Hardcore Simmer

I don't understand , why are we even expecting a response from the dev team for most of the questions, this forum needs more a public relations person; As most of the questions asked of the developers are irelevent or have not been thought through, or are naive in thinking that the developers are stupid an have not thought about it (Note that most developers are kind of stupid , but not when it comes to developing software, well not always).

It's kinda rare and nice when one of us (the public) asks a genuine well thought out question. And it is great to see the developers responed and explain the how and why.

However many questions aimed at the developers , are trojan horses containing frustrations and insults, and no response from the developer is going to be satisfactory.

However , I wonder what planet some people are on when they ask a question and expect an answer from a developer in a forum!, especially as there are usually a number of existing threads that have asked the question previously and received answers.

AndyK70, LATE4APEX, azzah and 3 others like this.
  8. Felge Schneider

Felge Schneider Hardcore Simmer

This!

The big problem is IMO that many users don't understand the process of software development and think, everything is just easy to implement, despite knowing nothing of the source code or the engine.
    The second thing is that some people feel entitled to tell the creators how their game should be (pet-feature as it was called before nicely).
    If ACC is unplayable for someone, just play something else which is better or wait for the perfect software. At least thats what I do, if I don't like a game.

There is a nice saying in german: "Er hat die Weisheit mit Löffeln gefressen"

Last edited: Dec 29, 2020
  9. Coanda

Coanda Alien

There is also a nice little saying in Aussie: <insert here> "as useless as tits on a bull.." :)

sissydriver and F1Aussie like this.
  10. Mogster

Mogster Alien

I seem to remember Stefano posting a link to an article by a software dev team member about the relationship between developers and fans. It explained the relationship as fans see it and how it actually is. It was an entertaining read with some home truths spelled out but I can’t find it now...

sissydriver likes this.
  11. pankykapus

pankykapus KS Dev Team Staff Member KS Dev Team

Wow, with this (very much untrue) verbal diarrhea are you seriously expecting developers to feel motivated to get engaged?
    I really hope you're trolling, because you clearly have no idea what we do both within and without these forums.

chksix, rycil, Pekka and 9 others like this.
  12. Maciej Malinowski

Maciej Malinowski Hardcore Simmer

All I want panky is nice mixed weather races
    Kappa

Winston likes this.
  13. dajdosta

dajdosta Racer

I have many friends that are/were developers and most are smart. They are more intelligent then average person. And from what I read they are much more intelligent then simracers.

14. Coanda

Coanda Alien

... but can they fix a leaky boat...? :p

devil in me and After_Midnight like this.
  15. I know one at least who can NOT fix it :p

16. dajdosta

dajdosta Racer

What puzzles me when reading some posts in which users call out devs and complain if they don't get an answer is how come these people feel entitled to get a response for random question or random whish for a piece of software that costs 30 or 40 EUR of whatever the price is?
    Is that a cultural thing or are the consumer rights in some countries so strong that getting an answer is always expected?
    I can't think of any product as cheap and niche that comes with such customer support.

chksix and sps_for_race like this.
  17. dajdosta

dajdosta Racer

They don't need to. They pay someone who does it for them ;):p

Coanda and After_Midnight like this.
  18. pankykapus

pankykapus KS Dev Team Staff Member KS Dev Team

#1 rule of boat ownership: don't own a boat, convince a friend it's a good idea and bring the six-pack.

19. perhaps he meant "street smart" :D

dajdosta and ignission like this.
  20. Coanda

Coanda Alien

Aussie rule #1 - bring "the slab" maaaaaaaaahhhhte.. :cool:

pankykapus likes this.