1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Assetto Corsa Competizione - 2020 Generic discussion

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by dave967, Oct 22, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Serge M

Serge M Alien

The three F rule... if it Flys, Floats or... something else that starts with F... rent it :)

chksix, rycil, Wee_Eck and 2 others like this.
  2. Unf

Unf Racer

Verbal diarrhea for you = asking about possibility to do AMA and pointing that Aris is doing GREAT job for instance? "Verbal diarrhea" beacuse I pointed that with everything I say - I would like to make this game better? "Verbal diarrhea" beacuse I explained that there is totally lack of communication between devs (aparat from Aris) and players?

If so, now I know a bit more about you, thx.

3. Rogue Leader

Rogue Leader Hardcore Simmer

I feel like I must have missed the part where on Steam (or wherever else you may have bought the game) it says for your $40 you get the game and a direct line to beat the devs over the head with your suggestions and comments as much as possible and their job is to come in and kiss your *** and do whatever they want. Not that this is any surprise though, par for the course when devs try to engage with the community.

People need to stop being so damn entitled. Go play the damn game or go play something else.

chksix, baronesbc, tomles and 2 others like this.
  4. LATE4APEX

LATE4APEX Alien

For a definition of VERBAL DIARRHEA,... see above.

Pekka likes this.
  5. Coanda

Coanda Alien

..um could it be a fly fishing rod..? :D

Last edited: Dec 29, 2020
    After_Midnight likes this.
  6. pankykapus

pankykapus KS Dev Team Staff Member KS Dev Team

I don't know what you're talking about. Should we all open YT channels or whisper in your ear at night or get a spot on national news to get acknowledged?

There are at least 3-4 devs actively monitoring the forums in their free time beyond the official support account (who btw is the only one supposed to be doing any level of community communication by job description), usually every major topic is addressed when there's actually something to be said or shared about them from the person responsible for that department (even though, again, not a requirement), I'm personally actively participating in at least 5 different online communities and try to help out the admins as much as possible behind the scenes, take direct feedback, even bug reports, sometimes bringing over direct requests on niche features, or just participating to see if stuff works as intended, sharing information with players who are new to the game, occasionally responding to unsolicited DMs even though it's not our favourite genre, we've all written a total of hundreds of pages of dev blogs and game tutorial by now (again, not paid to do so), beyond being bombarded by messages, Kevin every now and then takes the time to write walls of texts explaining the ins and outs of the rating system or choices to make in any multiplayer system when someone comes and says 'this is shyte' (even though, once again, no one tells him to do so), et cetera. It's not our problem that you choose to ignore it.

If this is "lack of communication and community engagement" in your book, then please do us a solid and pick another hobby.

EDIT: Also I don't know where it says community-assisted development, you might have come in the wrong door.

EDIT2: We are also not looking for pats on the shoulder or praise or whatever is categorized as "fanbois and shills" these days. People enjoying the game for what it is, attaching logs and generally not talking too much bull**** is perfectly sufficient for the show to go on.

7. sissydriver

sissydriver Alien

Actually, I was going to write a long answer. But after 1 1/2 A4 pages I discarded it. Let's continue to hope that the developers of Kunos don't lose the joy of racing, the passion for their job, the endurance and patience to communicate with the community.

8. Coanda

Coanda Alien

Good to see the Christmas wine hasn't gone to anyone's head..

Remember to always drink responsibly and to stay away from any online streaming drinking games. Only fools play that game! If only I could find the buffoon that kicked all that off..

:cool:

Want2BFast and sissydriver like this.
  9. Unf

Unf Racer

See? We had to do a lot (too much) trash talk each other to achieve this point - now WE - USERS - know at least something how it is going. I couldn't ignore it just beacuse I didn't know. Why? Cause we knew nothing untill this post. Why was it that hard? This is kind of communication that we are loking for - just short tip "we do this, we are looking on improvements there etc". Just to know that something is happening. Without it, it is easy to think wrongly that you "don't care".

10. LATE4APEX

LATE4APEX Alien

11. antigurner

antigurner Rookie

For what its worth I think Kunos are a bunch of dedicated, passionate & extremely gifted people. They go well above the call of duty. Alex Ward & Criterion Games were the last devs who came close n they sold out to EA, never to be seen again. Don't sell out to EA n buy yachts Kunos! Yr not just devs bt leading lights in a passion many of us hold dear - motorsport. Pedal to the metal baby!

Nev Roberts and Liakitsos like this.
  12. Cholton1982

Cholton1982 Gamer

When the patch dropped where the Ai had improvements i had a handful of yellow flag notifications in various sectors during a race wk end presumably from the ai making mistakes.
    I have run a couple of race weekends since including Monza , Brands , Silverstone, Imola and Paul Ricard with no incidents.
    Race lengths 1hr or 1hr 30 and the same ai settings as I've run for a while 95/95.

Anyone else have this? Other than that I'm having an absolute blast.

13. Coanda

Coanda Alien

.. or turn off all mind numbing electronic devices and go outside for some fresh air..

man was better off without all this hoo-ha nonsense.. :eek::cool:

14. Oblit0r

Oblit0r Alien

You can ask questions before starting to trash talk? Simple questions like 'is there any information about this and that issue?'

15. Unf

Unf Racer

Yes, I made a lot of questions without any reactions and answers before. This is the reason why I got mad.

16. henkjansmits

henkjansmits Simracer

Im looking forward to the new tracks of the British GT pack, in the mean time a lot of fun with rf2 where the devs have also finally done some small steps on the path to competitione, will be interesting to compare how that pans out compared to the ACC CP servers.

17. Coanda

Coanda Alien

maybe when you're feeling this way again take a second to look at your steam avatar.. :cool:

or not...

18. antigurner

antigurner Rookie

When I get mad I usually find out afterwards I was ignorant, boisterous n impolite. Hint

19. azzah

azzah Simracer

Please do not use the pronoun "we" ever again when you talk about your skewed perception of the devs engagement with the ACC community.
    You are not speaking for me, and from the other comments you can probably also guess that you aren't speaking for them either.

And why the hell does a dev need to list a bunch of ways how they communicate with the community until you believe them what they were saying all along?
    We're on an internet forum here, the devs all have a neat little tag on their profile, you can search for all of their posts. You can even follow them and have their activity neatly arranged in your news feed as someone else already pointed out...

You should set your expectations straight then. Not every question warrants an answer, from a dev or not.

Freddie Seng, JanR, chksix and 10 others like this.
  20. Maciej Malinowski

Maciej Malinowski Hardcore Simmer

I like how you said WE USERS while I am sitting here reading this thread having a feeling everyone here (also USERS :)) think you are a bit full of **** :rolleyes:, and panky just has typical reeeeee moment :p. Yes I just said ‘a bit full’, I’ve broken English but I guess that’s what happens ranting at 2am :D

Freddie Seng and JanR like this.