1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Assetto Corsa Competizione - 2020 Generic discussion

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by dave967, Oct 22, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Maciej Malinowski

Maciej Malinowski Hardcore Simmer

2. WallyM

WallyM Alien

It's not just up to the intelligence of developers. Trust me, I'm a developer myself. There are other constraints - time, priorities, test effort (both of the fix and to ensure you haven't broken something else), release cycles, budgets... there are many reasons why something can or can't be done.

AndyK70 and pankykapus like this.
  3. Coanda

Coanda Alien

No doubt a odd year for most..

Thank you to all @kunos-Devs for continuously bring us gold nuggets throughout the year. Very much appreciated!

GT4's, Evos, Tracks, Ui/HUD Improvements, Ai Improvements, Motec Improvements, Physics/Tyre Improvements, Cockpit Improvements.. the list goes on..

.. Aris streams helped a few get through a sh!tty week. That I am sure of.

.. and watching some of the F1 boys drive your product (and getting spanked :)) was pretty cool too..

.. a special mention also goes out to sim bloke @sissydriver - we all see and know what you do.. Good one mate!

I think out of all the updates for the year my favorite would have to be Pankys new recorded messages. Solid GOLD! Money well spent.. :p

Cheers

[​IMG]

.. oh I think I am forgetting someone..

I'm glad "they" did.. Ai streams.. Loved them! :cool:

Last edited: Dec 30, 2020
  4. RDGNL

RDGNL Simracer

So, 2021.

2020 v2.0 or the patched version?

5. bhowe83

bhowe83 Racer

I think this is the big issue here. These forums are clearly just for discussion amongst users and devs happen to join in regularly. There are clear lines to official support and none of them lead to the general discussion thread. If you don't know how to temper your expectations and assume devs are waiting around hand and foot to answer your question at a moment's notice, the disappointment is on you not the devs.

Kunos is top notch in developer to client interaction, good luck getting this direct line of communication with any other sim development team out there.

Felge Schneider and Liakitsos like this.
  6. Unf

Unf Racer

I believe that "WE USERS" are divided between two options - some of us are likely to looking for improvements, always searching for making some things better etc, and some of us just takes everything as it is and don't care for upgrades. This is why we don't understand each other :( Or - you guys think that everything is fine and as best as could be. If so - we will not understand each other ever :D

7. Oblit0r

Oblit0r Alien

Everyone want things to get better, some of us just have patience and put trust in the developers whilst others are rudely demanding from the devs to make things better.

AndyK70, azzah, Elrann and 4 others like this.
  8. Unf

Unf Racer

I don't know about who are you talking about, beacuse I have never demand anything - I was just asking, nothing more.

9. Maciej Malinowski

10. Flavus

Flavus Racer

Just out of curiosity as this thread is called "Assetto Corsa Competizione - 2020 Generic discussion" will it get a "Panky Padlock" after tomorrow and a new thread 2021 opened?

Maciej Malinowski likes this.
  11. bhowe83

bhowe83 Racer

Given the current direction of the thread it wouldn't be the worst option lol

AndyK70 likes this.
  12. car_lover

car_lover Gamer

Hello guys.
    What happened Porsche 991.2 gt3 R after last updates?
    Why its so slow now?

13. Maciej Malinowski

It’s not slow, it’s just not OP anymore lmao and it’s OP-ness isn’t carrying ppl that weren’t necessarily driving it at its full capacity which is oh so hard to do

14. Fingers_68

Fingers_68 Gamer

ok, so as an old schooler gp1,2 and grand Prix legends.
    Got back into sim racing big time Dec 2020 after buying a wheel and GT Sport for my son.
    Enevatable I end up playing it and now don't bother with GT Sport and have upgraded the ps4 with super PC, wheel n pedals with Fanatec, load cells n all.
    And got into ACC, 400 hours on the clock now.

Then,

Late to the party but just discovered "old" AC AND a beautiful mod 1967 (GPL 2).

Now this is sim driving, feedback through the wheel is entharlauling. Driving in a straight line at 170mph feels a danger. Application of the throttle moves the weight to which you immediately feel and can control. Lock the brakes and you know to back off. You feel in contact with the car at all times.

So

Is it just that modern cars just don't give this feedback any more. I don't think the same company have lost how to make a sim. Are modern cars just that boring to drive??

15. Elrann

Elrann Simracer

Or thread author just rename it to 2021 :D

16. It's hard to compare a modern racing car to one of 1967.
    That includes normal street cars from different eras as well.
    They modern cars are of course much less deadly to drive.
    I don't think the modern cars are boring in a race.
    But people are different. :)

About comparing:

Last edited: Dec 31, 2020
  17. Fingers_68

Fingers_68 Gamer

"Your thread This might get me band, as a blasphemer! was merged into Assetto Corsa Competizione - 2020 Generic discussion."

Jesus Christ. What a load of totally insulting S_h--ite. F;u-ck y;ou parking ticket moderator.

Jobs worth's with hats.

PS

Infact ban me now, most my posts have been moved by some prick thinking there of higher intelligence. Like I don't have a clue which box to post my letter into.

Last edited: Dec 31, 2020
  18. WTF :confused:
    What's wrong with you?

AndyK70, JanR, chksix and 5 others like this.
  19. Fingers_68

Fingers_68 Gamer

Are you the moderator who moved this post and many others of mine?

I'm wanting to talk to the organ grinder, not the monkey.

Us, the public, create the content for these "forums" and when little nazi pricks get a bit too trigger happy you might be ok to have your arse taken without complaint.

The moderation of this forum is fascist.

20. #Race@Home

#Race@Home Gamer

Troll.

JanR, chksix, LATE4APEX and 5 others like this.