1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Assetto Corsa Competizione - 2020 Generic discussion

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by dave967, Oct 22, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ....don't feed :p

2. Flavus

Flavus Racer

Keyboards should have alcohol breath testers installed and if you are drunk the keyboard will lock you out until you are sober :D

Nox likes this.
  3. devil in me

devil in me Racer

I bet you, in some cases would be worse! Just like the one we just saw. He is normal when drunk.... :D:D:D

4. devil in me

devil in me Racer

May you please explain here, now, what was your post about ? What issues did u had, that need our attention. The wholle DEV's Team is now here just for you, and willing to help your case.

5. If this is how he reacts to a moved thread imagine what happens when something real happens to him in real life... some people make it soooo hard not to hate humans.

Freddie Seng, JanR, chksix and 11 others like this.
  6. To answer your question..

Primitive tyre technology, no aero, different standards in chassis construction.. what else what you expect? Of course they drive vastly different.

Specifically, in old cars the limit is very very wide.. the car goes though a small range of linear behavior then enters into a BIG transitional range where you feel a lot of things happening. Suspensions go through a big range of movements, that influences the entire geometry of the thing, the tyre changes camber and angle through these movements... there is a lot of time and movement range to detect these behaviors and to react to them and the cars are way more forgiving when the limit is exceeded.

Modern cars on the other end are exactly the opposite.. they are WAY harder to push but also much much easier to drive when not really pushing. The transitional range in these cars is miniscule and much harder to detect. Suspensions hardly move, so all the weight shifts are almost instantaneous and the car won't go into big changes due to suspension movement, you think you are at the limit but you are almost there... sand then in a fraction of a second you are over it and the car is gone... everything happens faster and the brain needs to adapt and get used to things happening at much higher speed.. they require much quicker reflexes.

To recap in one line, everything that happened on old cars happens in modern cars, just WAY faster and with a lot more energy entering into the system.. thus the limit is harder to detect and ride.
    That is true in real life and it is obviously reflected in the sim.

Last edited: Dec 31, 2020
    Freddie Seng, AndyK70, JanR and 17 others like this.
  7. Fingers_68

Fingers_68 Gamer

In "real life" you nor I have not the faintest idea how these cars feel driven hard. If you have driven a 1967 F1 car, accept my apology.

I am ecutly aware these are totally different sim cars. My point is that on the limit in ACC there is very little feedback in weight to when the back starts to go at lowish speeds. Dave Perel would be the best to tell if this is true to life.

To add, these old sim cars are way harder to drive fast, your constantly on the edge of going off track. Very rewarding. But this is just my opinion.

PS

Having your post just binned, to be lost into some massive threat, is insulting. Simple as that.
    You don't know me to be making such sweeping statements. I'm far more of a handful than you can possibly imagine.

8. I know math.. and all the cars I've driven have been exactly like math told me they would be.. so ya, I am pretty confident it's exactly like I told you it is... especially when talking about such obvious and huge differences, it really shouldn't be that hard to understand, we are not talking about minutiae here, it's super basic stuff.

JanR, chksix, Rogue Leader and 9 others like this.
  9. devil in me

devil in me Racer

Not long ago, i had made a post with an ideia, not even 10 minuts after i posted, the post was closed and not even a feedback.
    U didnt saw me reacting the way u did! At least your post was moved into somewhere where people are active to explain/help you.
    Instead of creating a new thread for a question u should have used the already existing threads like the one we are now that are exactly perfect for that. Instead of being mad u should have said "thanks".

10. pankykapus

pankykapus KS Dev Team Staff Member KS Dev Team

Wow, the things I miss...
    Well, I can't speak for the other moderators but I am a grammar nazi, guilty as charged, so here's some festive end-of-year time out for spelling-related crimes. Ah yes, and also for the trolling and name calling.

AndyK70, JanR, chksix and 7 others like this.
  11. Winston

Winston Hardcore Simmer

Now everyone take a deep breath...... and relax.......
    Oh and happy new year

12. devil in me

devil in me Racer

In portugal there is this saying, that translate in different words what u said. " Putas e vinho verde".

Winston likes this.
  13. GRFOCO

GRFOCO Alien

...low quality bait guys...

sps_for_race likes this.
  14. Minolin

Minolin Staff Member KS Dev Team

having a careful peek into the forums, I mean how bad could it be?

- have a nice transition into 2021 guys, and stay safe

Freddie Seng, Dookie, JanR and 16 others like this.
  15. [​IMG]

To all of you :)

16. PLebre

PLebre Hardcore Simmer

Happy New 2021 Year All!

17. bhowe83

bhowe83 Racer

New year, new chance to confirm the Nordschleife

Mogster and Unf like this.
  18. LATE4APEX

LATE4APEX Alien

A question, does the series ACC is based on, race there ?

AndyK70 likes this.
  19. mikocchio

mikocchio Gamer

Happy new year and thank you (devs and community) for helping us to wade across this strange year.

Winston and LATE4APEX like this.
  20. bhowe83

bhowe83 Racer

No, it's just a running joke at this point lol

LATE4APEX and sps_for_race like this.