1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Setup Guide for Beginners

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by Skaven Zverov, May 9, 2020.

Tags:
  1. djshivas

djshivas Rookie

Your toe-in/out explanation aren't reversed for the front?

In every guide I could read since a decade for many sim racing game, I always read that : Toe-out in front give more stability in corner entry but also add more understeer when cornering

This is what you wrote for toe-in.

Envoyé de mon ONEPLUS A3003 en utilisant Tapatalk

2. chksix

chksix Hardcore Simmer

Perhaps the definition of understeer is used in that explanation? i.e. the tyre slip angle is higher in the toe in case vs toe out at the same conditions in the turn. More slip angle means more understeer at the front tyres. On the rears the signs are reversed so they have more oversteer at higher angles of slip.

AndyK70 likes this.
  3. djshivas

djshivas Rookie

In that case, explain the toe-out to the front for every preset given by the game (safe and aggressive).

If the explanation of the OP wasn't reversed for the front toe-in/out, that would make sense.

Envoyé de mon ONEPLUS A3003 en utilisant Tapatalk

4. chksix

chksix Hardcore Simmer

I'd better let someone more versed in the setup game do that :D

5. [QUOTE = "djshivas, post: 1170962, member: 10337"] Is your explanation of convergence / opening not reversed for the front?

In every guide I've read for a decade for many sim racing games, I've always read that: front divergence gives more stability when cornering but also adds more understeer when cornering

This is what you wrote for convergence.

Posted by mon ONEPLUS A3003 on Tapatalk [/ QUOTE]

@djshivas
    Can you tell us which setup guides you are referring to?
    Here is what is written on the BRSCC (British Racing & Sports Car Club) website about the Toe out on the front wheels:
    Toe out on the front wheels is a common setting as it will help to improve turn-in response and help to reduce understeer.

https://brscc.co.uk/suspension-secrets-how-to-tune-toe-settings/

AndyK70 likes this.
  6. With the introduction of the 1.6 version of Assetto Corsa Competizione it is possible that the optimal tire pressure window has narrowed compared to the 27-28psi range reported in the guide
    imho

AndyK70 likes this.
  7. AndyK70

AndyK70 Alien

correction: it is sure, the optimal pressure window is now 27.3 up to 27.8
    Thanks for bringing to awareness, tho. :)

FriendOfJah and alexgeotech09 like this.
  8. Zenzenzic

Zenzenzic Gamer

In one of his latest streams (Spa, I think), Aris mentioned 27.4 as lower boundary.

AndyK70 likes this.
  9. FriendOfJah

FriendOfJah Racer

Would this optimal pressure windows apply to both GT3 and GT4 cars equally?

10. AndyK70

AndyK70 Alien

No, GT4 have lower optimal pressures.
    For that I'm not quite sure, I would have to re-check but from memory I would say it's from 26.7 up to 27.5 ...

And wet tires have way higher optimal pressures (equal for GT3 and GT4), I always try to get them to around 30.0psi but I don't know the window boundaries, too rarely I race in the rain.

If someone has the right numbers, feel free to post it. :)

alexgeotech09 and FriendOfJah like this.
  11. FriendOfJah

FriendOfJah Racer

Hi AndyK70 - Thanks so much for the reply. I'm still running between 27.5 to 28.0 on my GT4 McLaren. I ran a 20 minute race at Spa yesterday against the AI in the Championship series and it seemed to be fine. I'll have try going down to 26.7 to 27.5 to see how my lap times are affected. Thanks again for the feedback, it's appreciated. :cool:

AndyK70 likes this.
  12. AndyK70

AndyK70 Alien

Ok, re-checked today the tires pressures for the GT4 and they came into optimal pressure at 27.1 and went out at 27.8.
    So the range is between 27.1 and 27.7psi

Sometimes the tire seems to be already optimal at 27.0 but it is not steady. A little bit of load and it's ok... no load on a straight and they go a notch underflated so safe zone is beginning at 27.1

With the old tire model it not a big deal to go up until 28 but the new tire model is more sensitive to pressures outside that range.

For wet tires, still I don't know :oops::)

FriendOfJah, alexgeotech09 and chksix like this.
  13. FriendOfJah

FriendOfJah Racer

Andy - Thanks again for following up on this.

Monotone likes this.
  14. DaReaLDeviL

DaReaLDeviL Gamer

Hi Adam,

is it possible to get the newest V1.6 version as a raw file (Illustrator or Photoshop)? I will try to translate it into german.

Skaven Zverov likes this.
  15. On the website https://coachdaveacademy.com/
    I read this:
    All lap times listed below are set in Hot Lap mode with Optimum Track conditions. Please make sure your tires are always in the ideal operating window of 27.5 – 28.0 Psi for GT3 and 26.5 – 27.0 Psi for GT4.

Attached Files:

16. AndyK70

AndyK70 Alien

FriendOfJah and alexgeotech09 like this.
  17. Skaven Zverov likes this.
  18. sps_for_race

sps_for_race Alien

#Race@Home likes this.
  19. pankykapus

pankykapus KS Dev Team Staff Member KS Dev Team

Pressures alone don't give you the full picture, especially for wets (or mixed conditions in general).
    Keeping temps in check will benefit you more than hitting the correct decimal in pressures. You'll probably be better off with lower temps either by having the correct brake duct setting or hitting standing water as much as possible as correct pressures or not, overheating will destroy the tyres very quickly and you can find yourself 5+ seconds off pace in no time. However, with improving conditions you don't wanna sacrifice the early part of the stint too much because once the tyre is abused beyond a certain point, no matter if they eventually reach optimum values if the pace is gone from them due to overheating or graining.
    There is certainly time lost when outside the optimum pressure window but occasionally you have to swallow that to avoid a much more significant time loss due in the longer run due to excessive temps.

As for slicks, again, some compromise might get you further depending on the car or track, having a few clicks extra pressures for example to avoid pressure loss will probably get you further than having decimal-accurate pressures for 3 laps.

A lot of the transition conditions depend on who hits a better compromise, none of the two Pirelli compounds work efficiently really in those windows (on a cold and damp track especially).

To answer the original question, 28.5-31psi for wets will all work more or less with temps in check.

Last edited: Dec 31, 2020
    Skaven Zverov and AndyK70 like this.
  20. Unf

Unf Racer

They had to, since game itself does not provide any information about that.

alexgeotech09 likes this.