1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Assetto Corsa Competizione - 2021-2022-2023-2024 Generic discussion

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by pankykapus, Jan 1, 2021.

1. pankykapus

pankykapus KS Dev Team Staff Member KS Dev Team

Happy new year all!

Let's start a new one, shall we. Please be civil, and learning from previous experiences, I recommend revisiting some of the sticky threads on the top of the page before posting to get a reminder of the dos and don'ts of using these forums.

Please use this space to discuss anything at least vaguely related to ACC and its development. Where possible, please use existing discussion threads for more specific topics.
    Threads that don't really have a strong reason to exist as standalone discussions and drunken midnight ramblings might be merged into this one at the mods' discretion.

Thank you and happy conversing.

bells0, Tristt, cooknn and 25 others like this.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    Chit Chat Room Assetto Corsa Evo Modding Support? Apr 4, 2024
    News and Announcements Assetto Corsa Competizione v1.10.1 hotfix update OUT NOW! Apr 4, 2024
    News and Announcements Assetto Corsa Competizione v1.10.0 update and Nürburgring 24hr DLC are OUT NOW! Apr 3, 2024
    Chit Chat Room Assetto corsa 2 Mar 26, 2024
    Console Lounge How to share clips to Assetto Corsa club Mar 17, 2024
    ACC General Discussions An official Assetto Corsa discord server please. (iracing, raceroom, and gt7 has one) Mar 16, 2024
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Assetto corsa competizione ps5 Mugello best track Mar 14, 2024
    ACC Troubleshooting Assetto Corsa Competizione UE4-AC2 Game has crashed and will close. Feb 25, 2024
    Chit Chat Room Assetto Corsa 2 Silence Feb 22, 2024
    ACC Troubleshooting Moving Game Files from One Drive to C:\Users\Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione Feb 19, 2024
    News and Announcements Assetto Corsa Competizione v1.9.8 hotfix update OUT NOW! Feb 1, 2024
    Bug reports Assetto Corsa Competizione PS5 Version 1.9.7 Wipers Bug Jan 29, 2024
    News and Announcements Assetto Corsa Competizione v1.9.7 hotfix update OUT NOW! Jan 26, 2024
    News and Announcements Assetto Corsa Competizione v1.9.6 update and GT2 Pack DLC are OUT NOW! Jan 24, 2024
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Unable to Play Assetto Corsa on Steam due to Malicious code found by AV Jan 5, 2024

3. Cholton1982

Cholton1982 Gamer

Happy New Year to you also .

sissydriver likes this.
  4. Maciej Malinowski

Maciej Malinowski Hardcore Simmer

Hello hello :):)

sissydriver likes this.
  5. lordpatou

lordpatou Simracer

I'm on the podium, the first ans maybe the last of the year :D

sissydriver and Coanda like this.
  6. Felge Schneider

Felge Schneider Hardcore Simmer

Happy new year everyone. I'm excited for the things to come.

7. Nev Roberts

Nev Roberts Racer

More of the same with thanks for much great new content in a most difficult last year.

sissydriver likes this.
  8. BUCKE_

BUCKE_ Rookie

Per the topic, I would like to see some improvements:
    • Add filtering to the Public Server search
    • Reconsider SA penalty when you are "the victim". I know this is touchy, so my focus is on the incidents when there are intentional ramming from behind, or "pit maneuvers" to force a wreck, or even hits after a race is over. There should be a proportioned weight to penalize intentional hits so that the culprit is penalized more than the victim (or not penalize the victim at all - make sense?).
    • Better disclosure of how CC, CN, SA are calculated. Maybe it is being guarded so people can game the system; if so, that's understandable. But, it would help to know why a clean race with fast laps, no warnings, no off-tracks, and consistent times doesn't improve CC or CN.
    • Make some improvement to the scoring system. I know that is very vague, so I'll explain the purpose. Public servers are a cesspool of bad drivers - even drivers with high SA ratings. I expect that a Public Server with 90+ SA minimum would have a cleaner line of drivers. I know that is generally true, but I would really like to see a system that is able to group "like racers" together. I can't race with "the aliens", but I race clean and I am generally in the middle of the pack.
    Overall - I am really immensely enjoying ACC and I greatly appreciate the effort that the developers have invested. I used to have iRacing subscription - I didn't renew because I like ACC experience So much better...except for public server racing. I am considering joining a league; I've heard it is MUCH better because the racers can be banned for intentional misbehaviors.

But - thank you!! I'm a fan and enjoy it very much! Stay safe this year (everyone!)

9. Rogue Leader

Rogue Leader Hardcore Simmer

Happy New Year

Lets get it out of the way:

Nurburgring Nordschliefe - Never happening
    Other race series (IMSA, ADAC GT, DTM, Indycar, F1) blah blah blah) and styles - Never happening
    Your X favorite legacy GT car - Never happening
    Massive changes to the server listing, rating, matchmaking etc - Never happening
    All your brilliant ideas of how to save the game from god knows what - Never happening

Your discussion of how the game totally does not handle realistically because of X Y Z is a waste of time, there are actual race car drivers who race these actual cars in this actual series whom all agree this IS the most realistic depiction of these cars anywhere. So no we don't care what some dude in his mom's basement on an old Driving Force GT has to say about vehicle dynamics.

And if you're going to be a douchebag to the devs who spend their PERSONAL free time here, do us all a favor and go play Need For Speed or something.

Now on with the show!

IVGEN, Dewald Nel, matt_had and 2 others like this.
  10. Coanda

Coanda Alien

Everything you listed was the show..

my list

don't be too serious..

Last edited: Jan 2, 2021
  11. RDGNL

RDGNL Simracer

Happy new year and hoping 2021 brings nothing but good health and happiness to all of you people. :D

Now where’s my British GT pack :p

Slowbloke and sissydriver like this.
  12. rnavasg

rnavasg Gamer

Happy New Year to all.
    I guess that the British GT would be out but they paused the development to work on Imola and the two cars. If the console version of imola is planned for January, i don‘t expect the british pack before February. I hope I‘m wrong

13. Maciej Malinowski

Maciej Malinowski Hardcore Simmer

Ah ****, here we go again :p.... SA is fine as it is and there is no need to make it being easier to get, considering that if you are really safe driver getting 99 and staying there is not a problem whatsoever (and yes I am talking public lobbies) there is no reason to let other players that actually don’t deserve high SA be there, and avoiding accidents is a big part of being safe o_O:D

14. Unf

Unf Racer

SA should be even harder to gain, not easier. Only then it will mean something.

Ps: To all who have problem with SA on publick lobby --> go try Daily Races on Sim Grid - people there are a lot more careful and skilled.
    I totally forgot about public MP and CP since someone gave me this link: https://beta.thesimgrid.com/series

15. pankykapus

pankykapus KS Dev Team Staff Member KS Dev Team

16. sissydriver

sissydriver Alien

@rnavasg - yes you are wrong ;)
    Imola could be released in between, it didn't delay the British Pack significantly. The console version is not being implemented by Kunos, so the British GT Pack is not dependent on it.

sps_for_race likes this.
  17. TheBoss

TheBoss Hardcore Simmer

It is the first year that at the end of the year we do not have any spectacular announcement from Kunos.

This can not be good.:oops:

18. th3o

th3o Hardcore Simmer

I guess it depends how you look at it. We know that there is still at least one more track pack coming for ACC and they can potentially do lots of more tracks if they stick with SRO and have the resources to do so. Some great Asia or North America tracks.
    But at the same time of course every developer wants to be able to 'move on' from a project and target new things. I think Kunos is in a really good place right now and i am sure whatever they decide to do going forward, be that still supporting ACC 100% or slowly moving to another project, i am sure it will all be worth it :)

19. sissydriver

sissydriver Alien

@TheBoss - Imagine Oulton Park Multiclass. That's all I need for a good 2021, plus Donington!
    And you hear that Snetterton might look boring and might not be much fun for hotlapping, but racing there is supposed to be pretty good.

cooknn, Lurkusmaximus and Slowbloke like this.
  20. sps_for_race

sps_for_race Alien

And then, there is the new australian connection:
    SRO Motorsports Group takes up new challenge in Australian GT racing | SRO Motorsports Group (sro-motorsports.com)
    GT World Challenge Powered by AWS set for 29-event global schedule as Australia reveals 2021 calendar | SRO Motorsports Group (sro-motorsports.com)

This is not a wishlist, but an option for ACC if there are any plans for the furure in case of businessplans, licences etc. could make it possible.

LATE4APEX and sissydriver like this.
  21. sissydriver

sissydriver Alien

@sps_for_race -
    A quick look into the crystal ball and what we have heard (mainly from Aris) about overseas circuits:
    Corona will keep us busy longer than we expected. Free travel to scan tracks more likely in 2022.
    Kunos doesn't have so many overseas acquaintances who can help with the necessary data.
    On the other hand, it worked out for the ICGT tracks (before corona).
    Hmm.....
    Always hope for the best and be prepared for the worst:
    I don't expect anything like this until 2022/2023.