1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

"Every Lap Counts" Racing League for the Physically Disabled

Discussion in 'ACC Online Leagues / Championships room' started by FriendOfJah, Jan 7, 2021.

1. FriendOfJah

FriendOfJah Racer

Hi Folks,

Welcome to the “Every Lap Counts” Racing League
    What is this new league all about? Why was it created? I wanted to create a league for those who are sim racing enthusiasts like myself but have a physical disability that impedes our ability to perform at the highest levels of the sport. It can be very frustrating to deal with not only your own limitations for which you have little to no control at times but then race online with others that cannot or choose not to understand and get upset with you when you make a mistake due to your disability.

In this league, that type of thing should never happen and will not be tolerated because all of those in this league will have some type of physical limitation and can completely understand what can happen at times. We'll all be in the same boat so to speak. While it is true that every race will only have one car finish in first place, just completing a race, just completing every lap that you are able to do in a race is in itself a real Victory for each and every one of us! That’s why I’ve called the league “Every Lap Counts” because for us with physical limitations, this is truly going to be the case.

Being with a small group of fellow race enthusiasts each week that can understand and empathize with our own specific struggles can be a real morale booster too. This league is going to be more about being a community, a place where you can find and be with fellow race enthusiasts that can understand your struggles and encourage and assist you to do your best than being a highly competitive one with a “win at all costs” mentality.

If this sounds like a league you would like to belong to and help others too, then please go to the Discord Channel below, review the league rules, mission statement and then complete the online league application. I look forward to hearing from you and welcoming you aboard our collective journey together in the “Every Lap Counts” racing league.

Roger

Discordhttps://discord.gg/QMMA7ErBtF

Last edited: Feb 19, 2021

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Physics Tyre pressure gets reset every lap [solved] Nov 28, 2021
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds AC Causes Fatal Crash of PC at around 3 laps in every race Mar 25, 2021
    ACC Gameplay Running wide at Imola - on every lap with no penality? Nov 27, 2020
    ACC Troubleshooting fps drops every lap Jul 19, 2019
    Multiplayer Bugs & Issues Losing online connection every time after 2 laps! :/ Jun 27, 2014
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds FPS fall after about 1 Laps every time May 20, 2014
    Graphics and Models/Tracks Bugs & Issues Frame Drops every 2nd, 3rd Lap Mar 5, 2014
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Sound reverb everywhere AC Mar 16, 2024
    ACC Multiplayer The New Standard - Kunos Lobby down (every weekend) Aug 13, 2023
    ACC Multiplayer Kunos servers down every day now Jul 18, 2023
    ACC Troubleshooting ACC needs a new installation every day Jun 2, 2023
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions ACC Problem: new opponents every race May 30, 2023
    ACC Controls & Peripherals Impossible to drive with gamepad like everytime you make an update. Apr 19, 2023
    ACC Troubleshooting ACC UE4 Fatal Error -ACC Crashes Everytime. Mar 26, 2023
    ACC Troubleshooting I have tried every solution listed back to 2019, ACC UE4 Fatal Error Mar 18, 2023

3. Aristotelis

Aristotelis Will it drift? Staff Member KS Dev Team

Very nice!

4. ignission

ignission Simracer

This is a great idea, best of luck with the project! :)

FriendOfJah and alexgeotech09 like this.
  5. I want to congratulate you, it is an extraordinary initiative.

FriendOfJah likes this.
  6. FriendOfJah

FriendOfJah Racer

Thanks so much.

7. FriendOfJah

FriendOfJah Racer

Thanks so much. Please spread the word if you can to others. We have 14 members so far, with the majority being in Europe so we’ll be running a North American and a European series thanks to the incredible generosity of the folks over at Simracing.gp!

alexgeotech09 likes this.
  8. FriendOfJah

FriendOfJah Racer

I wanted to provide a long overdue update on the status of this online racing league that I had created with the kind assistance of Mike Smith (SimRacing 604) and Steve Worrell from the Race Department. I felt the need to do so in connection with the most recent video on YouTube on the WromWrom.net channel that mentions this league.

This league started off very well in January 2021 thanks to a promotional video by Mike Smith and postings such as this and in other well respected sim racing forums. We had many folks sign up and thanks to the generous donation of an ACC server by the very good people at Simracing.gp we were off to the races in our virtual GT4 cars. It was great. We had multiple races each week to suite both those in Europe and in the United States. The racing was clean, fun and at times, very exciting. I busied myself with the race schedules, updated rules and code of conduct, adding and setting up new members in the Simracing.gp world and promoting the league as much as possible. However, as time passed by, little by little the races had fewer drivers, sometimes not enough to have the server started and the seemingly endless possibilities that I thought that this league could offer to physically handicapped drivers began to slowly fade away for me. To be fair, some of the regular drivers were facing serious health problems (myself included) and therefore couldn't make all of the races that were scheduled. There was also the worldwide pandemic affecting everyone’s families and friends and the economic challenges associated with it. At the same time, local and national Parkinson's Disease (PD) organizations were asking me to become more involved with the PD community and assist with organizing much needed support groups and Zoom presentations by experts in the field of Parkinson's research and treatment. My heart was torn between this league that I had created for the physically disabled sim racing community that I was trying to offer a safe haven and fun experience to and the much larger PD community with which I could clearly see a definite need and which personally resonated with me. In the end, I finally made the very difficult decision to hand my baby, the ELC racing league and its care over to a long-time member that I had great confidence in at the end of May 2021 and become fully absorbed in helping those in the PD community which I continue to do.

All of this being said, the ELC league is therefore no longer under my control or governance. I am no longer responsible for the direction that this league is currently taking or will take in the future. I do want to say that I wish only the absolute very best for the ELC league, both to its members and its leadership in the future. It is my hope that this league will continue to pursue my vision for it as a place that is, "more about being a community, a place where you can find and be with fellow race enthusiasts that can understand your struggles and encourage and assist you to do your best." Cheers to everyone at the ELC!

Roger

9. sps_for_race

sps_for_race Alien

10. FriendOfJah

FriendOfJah Racer

sps_for_race likes this.