1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Generic Weekly Hotlap Challenge 209 – The Class of 67 and a hungry Macca

Discussion in 'Console Lounge' started by Totall Wrytoff, Jan 9, 2021.

1. Welcome to the Weekly Hotlap Challenge 209 – The Class of 67 and a hungry Macca
    Featuring both Assetto Corsa and Assetto Corsa Competizione GT4 challenges

Assetto Corsa Hotlap:
    Car: Ferrari 312/67 and Lotus 49
    Track: Magione
    Ambient Temp: FREE
    upload_2021-1-9_17-58-6.png
    upload_2021-1-9_17-58-16.png
    This week there are no rules!
    By having a free choice on track conditions in a wet ACC Challenge, we discovered a Green Track grip level was faster in the wet than Optimum Track grip.
    So, for the AC Challenge this week, the Ambient Temp is up to you.
    Are you faster at 10DegC?
    Some drivers are better at working the tyres harder and getting the temps up, perhaps a warmer Ambient Temp might help those with less attacking driving style. Perhaps Vintage tyres like a higher temp, perhaps it suits some cars and not others…
    We shall see. Or, perhaps everyone knows the answer and I’m rather slow on the uptake!!

The first test mule for this week’s experiment is actually a rampant horse - Ferrari’s F1 car from 1966 to 1969, the 312/67. (“3” stands for three litres and “12” stands for twelve cylinders.) Pictured is livery No.8, New Zealander Chris Amon’s 1967 British GP car. He qualified 6th and finished 3rd.
    Will Vintage GP 70 tyres prefer traditional Italian temperatures?
    From 1966 to 1969 Firestone supplied the F1 tyres which were designed for 12 inch rims. In 1970 F1, still supplied by Firestone, moved to 13 inch rims so the GP 70 spec tyres should be too big for a 312/67. In 1970 Ferrari had moved to the 312B. (So what’s going on here Kunos…?)

To provide very little comparison, but even more thrills, we have also got the 312’s big rival, the Lotus 49. It raced against the 312 in 1967 and was generally faster. Pictured is Jim Clark’s No.5 car. In 1967 the F1 regs moved capacity up to 3 litres and Lotus persuaded Ford to develop an F1 engine. That must have been some conversation! Ford pulled out the stops and in conjunction with Cosworth, produced the famous DFV (Double Four Valve,) a 90 degree V8, producing over 400bhp. The Lotus runs on the correct GP 67 Vintage tyres, and I think you can feel the difference, or is that Italian favouritism!

In 1967 Denny Hulme and his team Brabham Team won both F1 Driver and Constructor titles, with Lotus second and Ferrari, beaten by Cooper and Honda, finishing down in fifth.
    upload_2021-1-9_17-58-55.png
    Around Magione both cars are a blast. I had to turn the volume down.
    The V12 in the Ferrari likes revs and wow, does it spin up! I kept running into the limiter to start.
    It’s very easy to lock the wheels under braking, but once turned in the car rotates rapidly. You then need to apply the throttle and some opposite lock, otherwise you won’t stop rotating! This is excellent for Tornantino and the Esses, corners that can make nimble cars feel cumbersome.

As mentioned, the Lotus 49 feels similar but different. It feels more stable but less grippy and much easier to spin. But you can also feel why it was faster in its day and it has a slightly better power to weight ratio, even though, surprisingly for a Chapman car, it is heavier than the Ferrari.

Whatever the weather (Ambient Temp,) this is hopefully an absorbing challenge and one that you find yourself doing many more laps than usual.

Tyres and Fastest Lap
    Recommended operating pressures for all compounds:
    Ferrari GP 70 Vintage F1 Tyres, all compounds - Fronts: 27 psi – Rears: 28 psi
    Lotus GP 67 Vintage F1 Tyres – 26 psi all round
    Ferrari Fastest Lap: 1:12.132 by Jakub Krcma
    Lotus Fastest Lap: 1:11.147 by Jakub Krcma

---------------------------------------------------------

Assetto Corsa Competizione 10mins Hotstint:
    Car: McLaren 570S GT4
    upload_2021-1-9_17-59-37.png
    Mike’s kingly choice this week is the McLaren 570S GT4, at Sissydriver’s favourite track. No pressure on first place then!
    The 570 S GT4 was introduced for the 2018 season, but having looked it up, Round 5 of the GT4 European Series at the Hungaroring, didn’t seem to go to well for the McLarens. Of the five cars entered by three teams, one did not start and two failed to finish. Out of 39 entrants, the two remaining cars ended up 36th and the highest placed in 18th. That was the Pro-Am Team GT car, with a fastest race lap of 1:56.231.
    Hungary didn’t feature in the 6 rounds of GT4 in 2019, but it hosted Round 2 of the single make, FIA-approved Pure McLaren GT Series. This time a McLaren won. The fastest race lap was a 1:55.993.
    upload_2021-1-9_18-0-16.png
    So, by my rubbish maths, if you are really on it, the target is 6 laps…. and let’s think of some names for the corners too!

Tyres:
    Ideal GT4 operating pressures are between 26.3- 27.2 psi

☆☆PLEASE NOTE: WHC 208 IS STILL OPEN UNTIL 18:00 (GMT+1) TOMORROW. ☆☆

---------------------------------------------------
    How to take part:

*Assetto Corsa Hotlaps Challenge*

To enter the Assetto Corsa Hotlap Challenge, select Hotlap, choose the Ferrari 312/67 or the Lotus 49 and the Magione Circuit. Please setup the session as follows:
    Mode: Hotlap
    Setup: Ambient Temp: FREE
    Time of day: Free / Controller: Free / Assists: Free / Stability: Free.

*Assetto Corsa Competizione Hotlap*

Car: McLaren 570S GT4
    2. Challenge type: 10 mins Hotstint
    3. Time of day: 18:00
    4. Track: Hungaroring
    5. Weather type: Clear
    6. Dynamic Weather: Disabled
    7. Cloud: n/a
    8. Ave Temp: n/a
    9. Grip level: Optimum
    10. Wetness: n/a
    11. Standing water: n/a
    The screen shot required to enter your time is in Timetables at the end of the session.
    Realism and Assist Settings are up to you. Ideally, please use PRO

POSTING FORMAT:
    For ease of admin, please use the following format to post your times to be included on the leader boards:
    * Improvement
    (Only required if you have already posted a time)
    * Challenge – AC or ACC
    * Your name (as you would like it to appear on the leaderboard)
    * Your time - shown as x.xx.xxx.
    * ACC Race and ACC Hotstint: the Number of Laps
    * ACC Hotlap: the car chosen
    * Your platform
    (PC Xb1 PS4)
    * Screen shot showing your time.
    (Optional but in the spirit) Your thoughts or any comment
    Please post video clips and share information here as well.
    To submit a time, pause the game and select 'session' from the menu and screenshot this page or take a photo of your screen and post it in this thread - Note all the information from the screen is required including temperature, mode heading (Hotlap) and of course the car being used!

You can run as many laps as you can manage and update your times as often as you like. It is all about taking part, pushing yourself and enjoying Assetto Corsa and Competizione. All Platforms are welcome.

Deadline: Sunday 17th January 2021
    Chequered Flag will drop shortly before 6pm.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge 276 Jun 11, 2022
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge 275 Jun 4, 2022
    Chit Chat Room Weekly Hotlap Challenge May 21, 2022
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge 274 May 21, 2022
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge 273 May 14, 2022
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge #272 May 1, 2022
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge 271 Apr 26, 2022
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge #262 Jan 29, 2022
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge #261 Jan 22, 2022
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge #260 Jan 15, 2022
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge #259 Jan 8, 2022
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge #258 Jan 1, 2022
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge #257 Dec 27, 2021
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge #256 Dec 18, 2021
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge #255 Dec 11, 2021

3. AC Ferrari
    Totall Wrytoff
    PS4
    upload_2021-1-9_19-25-19.png
    Just thought I'd have a quick go on this whilst waiting for @Rod100 to do his lap in the Exige. :)

This is at 16 DegC and I think between 16-18 DegC might give the best times.
    Once I've got the hang of the car, thanks to lockdown, I'll be able to try each degree of temperature. :D

4. sissydriver

sissydriver Alien

ACC
    Sissydriver
    PC
    6 Laps

WHC209_ACC_1.jpg

WHC209_ACC_1a.jpg

In recent weeks very little GT4 driven, thus some difficulties. The Macca is very special, but makes fun after a few laps. Beautiful combo. Thanks @mike reynolds and @Totall Wrytoff

Edit: Sorry @Totall Wrytoff -
    even though I chose the Hungaroring at the time, unfortunately it's not my favorite track. Those are Kyalami, Bathurst and Spa. ;)

5. @sissydriver - @mike reynolds deserves the thanks for the ACC challenge.

My mistake, pressure off for the P1 spot then.;)
    However, nice set of laps @sissydriver , most a under the 1.55.9 fastest race lap set by the Pros.:cool:

Last edited: Jan 10, 2021
    Neilski and sissydriver like this.
  6. Improvement
    AC Ferrari
    Totall Wrytoff
    PS4
    upload_2021-1-9_21-4-34.png
    Tidy lap, but the tyres weren't at the recommended pressures.
    It's quite tricky, at 16C, to get them them to optimum so I'm doing an outlap.

Last edited: Jan 9, 2021
  7. Improvement
    AC Ferrari
    Totall Wrytoff
    PS4
    upload_2021-1-9_22-29-52.png
    10 DegC :)
    It's much easier to balance the tyre pressures and I've ducked under 1.13.

8. AC Lotus
    Totall Wrytoff
    PS4
    upload_2021-1-9_23-33-38.png
    7/1000ths difference.
    I reckon these two cars are fairly evenly matched.:)

9. moodyryder

moodyryder Hardcore Simmer

ACC
    moodyryder
    ps4

20210110_232127.jpg

One for the ladies. Last week you had Fred in the Pussycat Dolls and this week I've got Gaby Uljee at the wheel. Whoever she is.

Maybe this is what they call drag racing. :)

10. AC Ferrari
    BenBB
    1:12:509
    PC s1.PNG
    Submitting this first lap which came out of nowhere, my base rythm being more in the high 1:13 (when I manage to bring the car back to pitlane)
    I'm losing the car in every possible way in every possible corner... Too subtle for my rough technique

@Totall Wrytoff I was inspired by your submissions ! Some tips/adjustments on car setup ? Tried to improve the feeling of the front/give it some weight, but I'm really not sure what to adjust :)
    And I sticked to 10°, as trying to learn this new combo is hard enough as it is !

11. Thanks @Benoit Boyadjis !
    It's not often that I'm asked for tips!:D

And you are half a sec faster than me too.

Firstly, I always seem to be comparatively faster in the vintage racers. No idea why, but I like the way you have to feel your way around.

As for set-up:
    The key thing for me was the diff.
    This needs sorting out, or else the power delivery to each wheel feels random!:D
    Here's my solution. Bit more preload to get it working earlier for better consistency and less power to help stability on corner exit.
    I've shortened the gear ratios and sorted the tyres although perhaps the fronts could do with 1 psi more.
    upload_2021-1-11_16-50-1.png
    This is work in progress though. Got ride height and springs to play with next.

As for tips:
    You need to keep the weight over the fronts as you start to turn, so start the turn in before you finish the braking. The you have to wait for a split second for the nose to come in (like a mid engine) before you pick up the throttle (and no doubt apply a touch or two of corrective lock.) Quite a few of these corners require you to hold a quarter of throttle or so as you round them. Also, although I'm sure you do, feed the power in gently on corner exit.
    Also, I'm afraid I've put the ABS on.:rolleyes:

Hope this helps, go get that WR!:cool:

Last edited: Jan 11, 2021
  12. GoodGame.eXistenZ

GoodGame.eXistenZ Hardcore Simmer

AC Lotus 49
    GoodGame.eXistenZ
    PC
    1:10:441

First time ever Lotus 49 for me. And honestly I have no clue about good setups with these vinatge F1 cars and I have never really been a big fan of any F1 car :D. So I tóok some laps to adjust to the car and found it to be very sensitive on throttle input, so I lowered diff power to 5%. Apart from that I adjusted the gears to match the track and added some neg camber at the front. Lowered a bit all around and added to clicks+ to front ARB - but again, no clue what really makes these things faster.
    The Lotus is clearly the faster car of the two as it has a much higher top speed 257 vs 264 as you will see. The Ferrari is better on the brakes though.

[​IMG]
    Video:

13. Rod100

Rod100 Hardcore Simmer

AC Ferrari
    Rod100
    Xb1

Just changed tire pressures and reduced brake force to 90%, as this combo was making me lock the tires at light brake pressures. I think it's a limitation of my G920 (potentiometer brake). Even so, still having tire lockups.

I couldn't make for the Exige whc, sorry to make you wait, tottal wryteoff. At least the wait time was well invested in the current whc. [​IMG]

Sent from my ASUS_Z012DC using Tapatalk

14. sissydriver

sissydriver Alien

ACC
    Sissydriver
    Improvement
    PC
    6 Laps

WHC209_ACC_2.jpg

WHC209_ACC_2a.jpg

Macca is fun :cool:

15. Improvement
    AC Lotus
    Totall Wrytoff
    PS4
    upload_2021-1-11_20-57-49.png
    Stiffer springs make this car much faster.

16. mike reynolds

mike reynolds Hardcore Simmer

ACC
    Mike Reynolds
    11:40:113
    PC
    6 Laps

Shocking 1st lap cost me a few seconds....

ACC WHC Header.PNG

17. Improvement

AC Ferrari
    BenBB
    1:12:060
    PC
    s1.PNG

The base rythm has increased a bit to hit the 1:12:xx regularly, but this one is again a bit out of the blue... First improvement over previous time, and by almost half a second !
    Would have been enough to take WR if @GoodGame.eXistenZ hadn't already stormed 1.5s faster than anybody else around :cool:

The advices on setup helped but it's still really blurry to me !
    For example I felt an improvement in handling when increasing negative camber, reducing power diff, increasing preload... Also reduced break power as I can't find a way to avoid locking wheels otherwise.
    But for the suspension part, the ARB, or even the gear ratios (which did not fell comfortable at all when shortened), I have no clue of what I'm doing :p

18. sissydriver

sissydriver Alien

ACC
    Sissydriver
    Improvement
    PC
    6 Laps

WHC209_ACC_3.jpg

WHC209_ACC_3a.jpg

This combination is one of the biggest surprises for me so far. My first thought was: "Why? How are you going to do that. So boring and stupid this car on this MickeyMouse track."
    Now I'm in love - once you adjust to the slightly strange driving experience, it's the perfect flow. Just fun to drive. What a surprise. A big thanks to @mike reynolds

19. Rod100

Rod100 Hardcore Simmer

20. GoodGame.eXistenZ

GoodGame.eXistenZ Hardcore Simmer

I always liked that guide, although at times AC acts differently in terms of setup - so this really is to be seen as a rule of thumb.
    @Benoit Boyadjis In terms of gear ratios it is recommended to go for a setup that has the least amount of shifts over one lap. In addition you should pay attention to the speed of the corners, 2nd gear should be kept as short as required that it allows you to use it in almost any slower corner while maintaining higher revs. At Magione most of the corners are 2nd gear corners.

AC - Ferrari 312/67
    GoodGame.eXistenZ
    PC
    1:10:579
    [​IMG]

Video will follow tomorrow.

21. Improvement
    AC Lotus
    Totall Wrytoff
    PS4
    upload_2021-1-13_0-41-31.png
    Longer stint. The tyre pressures evened out to 26 all round during lap 4, took another 5 laps to improve by a tenth, but I've got a 1.11 7ish there. Somewhere.