1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Who's at Fault? - Discussing Racecraft and Incidents

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by m_box97, Jan 15, 2020.

1. devil in me

devil in me Racer

You asking to much

You have been quiet, but you there waiting for blood and rage to happen too.

You squeeze your hands together as soon as you saw a video here

Last edited: Dec 23, 2020
  2. If I had to blame someone I would say the McLaren as he's responsible to make a clean overtake, Mercedes didn't do anything unexpectedly.
    At first I thought you were bumped in the back, but that car was too far off.

You "helped him back on his feet" and stayed behind. I would ignore it if I were the Mercedes.

PS: I got lucky, clicked on the Youtube slider and was immediately at the right moment (5:29)

After_Midnight and devil in me like this.
  3. devil in me

devil in me Racer

thats lucky for sure :)

"Mercedes didn't do anything unexpectedly." he did :) two wrong things. but i understand your point of view.

i wouldnt do nothing of what he did. but i understand why looks to be on me :)

4. I had 2 races on Monday, my first races in 3-4 weeks time.
    Both extremely clean 20' races on the Nürburgring.

- On my first race I was attacking and finished 2nd, 0,5sec behind the leader.
    - On my 2nd race I was defending 2nd place for 15min and kept it 'till the end.
    Big thanks to both competitors for my 40min of joy.

So I have nothing to add here... :)

sps_for_race and After_Midnight like this.
  5. There is nobody to blame but you. End of story. Period.

@Herve De Braekeleer Thank you very much for the time stamp :)

Herve De Braekeleer likes this.
  6. Rigas

Rigas Rookie

There is nothing to debate here. This is on a 80+ SA public server. Since I can't do anything, I post it here for your enjoyment. I wish something like that would cause the person to immediately lose all his SA.

chksix likes this.
  7. devil in me

devil in me Racer

looks like a revenge

sps_for_race likes this.
  8. AndyK70

AndyK70 Alien

Right, that's revenge. Would like to watch what caused it. That could be something whats really fitting in thread topic.

9. Rigas

Rigas Rookie

Yep. After I started from the front rows and got eliminated at turn 1 for the Nth race in a row, spent 2 laps in the pits and then got stuck behind this guy who was 2+ seconds slower but would still block me. I am not that fast either so this guy was super slow and didn't really know the track at some turns. I got impatient and made a risky move. TBH he went so wide and slow that I actually thought he was letting me through. We bumped doors and spinned. If that was real life, maybe I could get some penalty for the incident but he would certainly not drive again and probably be arrested for attempted murder :).

10. Rigas

Rigas Rookie

BTW are there any rules for super slow cars blocking traffic in real life? Like blue flag but for being slow not being lapped.

After_Midnight likes this.
  11. AndyK70

AndyK70 Alien

No, you have to find a way to overtake them in a safe manner.
    Weaving and blocking is not allowed, but since we don't have stewards in normal ACC online races you need to be creative and make a surpise move, take him by his blindside, catch him off guard or make him run into a mistake, like him breaking too late and get the switchback.

sps_for_race likes this.
  12. devil in me

devil in me Racer

To trigger somone, u probably didnt had the right decisions on your overtake. If you were 2 seconds faster, u could have find a way very easly to past him by without causing any issues whatsoever.
    Try to slow down your race mode atitude. Instead of looking into the reaction of the other guy after a overagressive move from you, try to think about how could u have done it better without causing a crash.

instead of trying to put your car on the side of the other driver in the braking zone or half way trhough a corner, find a way to put the car on his side at the exit of the turn and before half way a straight.

Make games to yourself ( like i can only pass people at exit of corners and if im not at least half car at his side at the middle of the next straigth i back down and try again on the next turn), and play with others minds, without ever put them at risk or hiting them, helps a lot when u learn to brake and match the speed of the other guy in front, without pushing to hard to be on his tail.

JanR, AndyK70 and sps_for_race like this.
  13. devil in me

devil in me Racer

ahhaha we both said the same thing in different words at the same time lolll :)

AndyK70 likes this.
  14. saurohd

saurohd Racer

hi guys, I would like to get your feedback on this case... small clarification, training race and blue flags were not considered

Last edited: Jan 10, 2021
  15. sps_for_race

sps_for_race Alien

Slow cars get a white flag.
    But what is the rule for blue flag, you´ve mentioned?
    They don´t have to brake, get out of the way or whatever, just not allowed to defend!
    Yor are too slow to overtake, you are too slow then, they are even allowed to lap back.

16. saurohd

saurohd Racer

small clarification, training race and blue flags were not considered

17. devil in me

devil in me Racer

This shouldnt be case for even have questions about ( i think).

#29 fault 100%.

As soon as the replay starts and i see his bad exit i thought he was going to intervene in the guys behind line.
    For me this is easy, if i do a mistake at a corner exit ( even more in a big straithg after), and i have a car behind i have two options, or do i move away to the other side and let him by liftting right away and slot behind and avoid losing time in defending something that as no defence, or i keep my line and let him go around me, and when he is at my side i lift and let him go.

But its not always like that, we need to learn to understand where is the right time to defend or not.. the video presented is not a defend kind of situation for sure, but rather a let the guy behind go and take advantage of his draft to keep up and get him after if im faster.

I literally dont even understand why goes on other people mind when they mess up a corner and try to block or defend from the people behind.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2021
    MrCooper and AndyK70 like this.
  18. Rigas

Rigas Rookie

Not being able to defend would be enough. But in this case I was the one lapping back so I guess he got no flag?
    BTW I am not saying I didn't mess up. Even with him blocking it would have been easy, I honestly thought he decided to let me through.
    But his response is totally unacceptable.

19. sps_for_race

sps_for_race Alien

Why do you quote me on this?

20. Cirith Ungol

Cirith Ungol Simracer

Honda 100%