1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Praise the helmet cam!

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by Guidofoc, Apr 8, 2019.

1. Max Doubt

Max Doubt Racer

Aston too, I have to use different view as the movement is far greater than many of the others. Is this deliberate? Do some cars have looser seat belts or weaker necked drivers?? :p

2. Maciej Malinowski

Maciej Malinowski Hardcore Simmer

Maybe it sounds stupid but in helmet cam u get sensation of moving head and looking at things and normally playing games we tend to look just straight and time to time see what is arround on hud, it's weird at the begining but you should look where that helmet cam looks in cocpit cam with your own head, look at apexes, changing vision for the exit and move head arround, even if sth is outside of your screen fov but u should look at it then look at it, imagine it, after a while it will give u the same sensation of looking arround but as I said u need to adapt because on single monitor people are used to look at one point and not look arround and they keep their head to stationry

3. Maciej Malinowski

Maciej Malinowski Hardcore Simmer

and I dont know what is the problem with those setting for u guys because u can basicly set up all 3 interior cameras in same postions no problem, I think there is a problem with how u messure this stuff

4. Max Doubt

Max Doubt Racer

The problem is the amount of movement differing between cars, not the camera positions. Measured in usability due to variation from centred (no g forces) view.

5. nrc689

nrc689 Simracer

Yes... the cars are different. This is the reason I use all the three internal cam. Some cars are perfect in helmet cam (ferrari, AMG, Lambo) others has too much pitch (audi, mclaren). For some circuit I need look to apex to see some 180 corners or you don't see nothing but, for exemple, with Aston M. i have to remove wheel because is too much in your face. And so I ask again to devs to introduce two button (up and down) for cycle camera. :D

tom neidher and Max Doubt like this.
  6. GCCRacer

GCCRacer Simracer

I'd love to have TIR in Helmet Cam, and virtual mirror. Love the motion, might not make me faster, but makes it feel much more brutal.

trutya likes this.
  7. KillZoneGB

KillZoneGB Simracer

Same here, that`s why I don`t use it :(

Just look`s so wrong in VR

Nahkamarakatti likes this.
  8. OlivierMDVY

OlivierMDVY Racer

Which FOV do you use in Helmet view?

9. Nev Roberts

Nev Roberts Racer

If helmet cam has too much movement for you try the Real Head Movement programme, it's far less aggressive but still adds to the immersion. I hasten to add that I use a triple monitor set up so have no idea how well it works with a single screen.

10. SharpeXB

SharpeXB Gamer

TrackIR is the best. I’m surprised how few sim racers seem to use one. How can you see the apex or look around the pillars of your car or take a quick glance to the side? It’s the most vital gaming peripheral for cockpit sims like flight and racing.

11. TrackIR working with ACC?

12. SharpeXB

SharpeXB Gamer

Yes it works. It wasn’t supported in the initial launch of the game but it is now.

13. David Danser

David Danser Racer

I have TrackIR and tried it a couple of times but it makes me much slower. Really hard to judge if you car is straight or not..
    It gave me more spin as i was on the power more when the car was not aligned properly.

14. b3nje909

b3nje909 Gamer

What's this Helmet view you are all talking about?

Left out of the console version??

15. sps_for_race

sps_for_race Alien

Why is a console so much cheaper, than a gaming pc?

16. AndyK70

AndyK70 Alien

Because they make the money through the games...
    But that's OT.

@b3nje909 the helmet cam is where you can seethe borders of the helmet visor from inside the helmet at the edges of the screen.

NormalCockpit View:
    Assetto Corsa Competizione Screenshot 2021.01.10 - 13.08.02.68.png

Dashcam View:
    Assetto Corsa Competizione Screenshot 2021.01.10 - 13.08.12.42.png

Helmet View:
    Assetto Corsa Competizione Screenshot 2021.01.10 - 13.08.22.48.png

Helmet View with more negative Distance:
    Assetto Corsa Competizione Screenshot 2021.01.10 - 13.09.16.03.png

17. sps_for_race

sps_for_race Alien

I thougt the Hardware isn´t as strong as a High End PC.

LATE4APEX likes this.
  18. b3nje909

b3nje909 Gamer

Ok so we have that one. But it doeant move around like described above.. or maybe I'm missing a setting?