1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Assetto Corsa Competizione - 2021-2022-2023 Generic discussion

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by pankykapus, Jan 1, 2021.

1. Want2BFast

Want2BFast Racer

SimGrid is really well done, and they are working on additional features such as player matching, statistics, and keeping out drivers that behave unfairly/irresponsibly/are rude/insulting. Unfortunately for North American enthusiasts of ACC there are too few people participating. GT4s were almost entirely unused, and GT3 drivers found very few cars on the grid, and would race on their European servers. Not the fault of SimGrid, it’s demographics. But slowly building my own league is turning out more satisfying in that I know I have clean racers and ones that already made their available hours clear at the get go.

chksix likes this.
  2. Serge M

Serge M Alien

Its only draw back is low participation, I think there’s a fair few people who just don’t know about it. Having access to casual races that still get tracked is a very good thing

AndyK70 likes this.
  3. Want2BFast

Want2BFast Racer

I don’t disagree at all. That is indeed the only drawback. And it’s limited to North American time periods, and GT4s generally. Are you in Australia? I haven’t checked to see how populated those servers get.

4. devil in me

devil in me Racer

I love the new feature added to this new year of 2021.
    Love you Kunos ****

:D:D:D:D

I'm not expressing myself about the incident....

After_Midnight likes this.
  5. Unf

Unf Racer

Yep. They easily did what Kunos couldn't - you have a lot of occassions to do a race - when you have a time, and somehow they have totally lack of crashers etc. And they work as hell, in comparison to CP where you can get "no servers in your region" without any reason lol

6. Flavus

Flavus Racer

@Serge M I have taken part in a couple of Sim Grid races and was impressed how well it works. Both races were clean and very enjoyable. I am planning to do a lot more of the Daily Races and will have plenty of spare time with the new covid stay at home rules starting again where I currently live.

Serge M likes this.
  7. PLebre

PLebre Hardcore Simmer

U4 have that feature where you can set the resolution, correctly I have set 150, and can say that the result is crisp image as hell.
    About the triple screens walk-around or not, is thing of the past. Looks like it wasn't easy but they done it.

8. LATE4APEX

LATE4APEX Alien

Help from all of you video/graphics experts here.

What setting(s) have the most effect on how the image looks when panning laterally, in other words, how the background looks while you are turning in a corner.
    I have blurring off.

Thanks.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2021
    devil in me likes this.
  9. Felge Schneider

Felge Schneider Hardcore Simmer

Does resolution scale affect the smearing effect?

LATE4APEX likes this.
  10. LATE4APEX

LATE4APEX Alien

Yep, thats what I'm looking for also.

11. bbman

bbman Racer

I'd say refresh rate - theoretically the faster the image gets updated/replaced, the less it's blurred.

12. Serge M

Serge M Alien

Looks like they run servers in 3 zones now, EU, US an Australia and run races every hour on all of them. I’m in Perth, Western Australia, I ran the races at 6 and 7pm my time. Server ping was nice and low

Want2BFast likes this.
  13. CWZCJ

CWZCJ Rookie

Making a new year wish here(in China)!!!
    Just recon that I had started with ACC for just a whole year....sim racing experiences for 15 years (ok, mainly with GT sports with PS and a short period with NFS: Grid on PC), but since started ACC on PC, I kept racing with it and attended CP races every night during the week except weekend. Until the CP race had been scheduled 1 hour later than before, the first CP is 11Pm in China then I can't join it anymore. So any chance that re-schedule for 1 hour backward or maybe 2 is better?:)

OR maybe a server in China??;)

14. sirgaric

sirgaric Hardcore Simmer

Sorry for being late to the party, but reading through this thread I found the link about SRO making possible to score points from eSport races too.

The discussion about the reticence of real world drivers to use ACC was interesting, it started with only two drivers using it and then it turned out there were more and more, but why do some people think that it would be real world drivers who would do those eSports races? It makes more sense that those points would be scored by actual simracing pros, with maybe one or two real world drivers if they are fast enough (like James Baldwin for example).

Elrann, anthonylroy and AndyK70 like this.
  15. Rogue Leader

Rogue Leader Hardcore Simmer

I run with them sometimes, good clean races, just unfortunately here in North America participation can be a bit low, but thats also attributed to Daily Races still technically being in Beta. I've done some of their big official races as well. Excellent racing.

Serge M and Want2BFast like this.
  16. Serge M

Serge M Alien

Nice, hopefully it all picks up. The races I have had in Australia haven’t had a lot of people in them but those that were seemed to be clean, assuming it’s a byproduct of all results being logged so people have an incentive in finishing properly

17. MKap

MKap Rookie

My desire for the future improvements:
    Physics of collision

Cars of 1200/1300 Kg on slicks 325 can't fly away at the first bump or touch,
    should be implemented a first phase of car unbalancing that can be controlled, at least on dry.

Rest, graphics, tyre and aero modelling, fun, all at top !

Happy New Year to all the Community

18. LATE4APEX

LATE4APEX Alien

Beg to differ on the "fly away", IF the car is cornering at its limit of adhesion, then it wouldn't take much of anything to have it "fly away".

I have had what you describe happen while cornering, but not when having contact when not cornering.

Example, if a car is cornering and its rear wing down force is reduced when at the absolute limit, away it goes, without any contact.

Not saying the physics is perfect.

Happy New year @MKap

AndyK70 and Winston like this.
  19. Winston

Winston Hardcore Simmer

Yeah that's why it's referred to as being on the limit. If you have grip to spare to withstand a side impact you probably weren't going fast enough.

AndyK70 and LATE4APEX like this.
  20. devil in me

devil in me Racer

I didnt quiet get what is that "fly away"that you are talking, for example when u get wrong the second half of the first chicane at Zolder where if you touch the curb on the inside the car literally flys into the other side of the track out of control and bounce 3 or 4 times before u have any control of it?

I'm not quiet sure how real is that behavor, in Iracing u can abuse that curb, it mess with the car balance but u can control it, in ACC, well as soon as u got it wrong u are just a passanger, im not sure wich sim got it more realistic, but i feel in ACC if u have the behavor we do, it should destroy your suspension to a race end, but it doesnt happen that. In ACC feels like the car is always level, if the front goes up the rear goes up too, the car doesnt do this \ or this / its always --.

The last chicane at Imola doesnt have that behavor and looks to be as agressive or even more that the one at Zolder.