1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Generic Weekly Hotlap Challenge 210 - Pinpoint precision and a pastis

Discussion in 'Console Lounge' started by Totall Wrytoff, Jan 16, 2021.

1. Welcome to the Weekly Hotlap Challenge 210 - Pinpoint precision and a pastis
    Featuring both Assetto Corsa and Assetto Corsa Competizione hotlap challenges

Assetto Corsa Hotlap:
    Car: KTM X-Bow R
    Track: Highlands Drift
    Ambient Temp: FREE
    upload_2021-1-16_18-11-17.png
    upload_2021-1-16_18-11-24.png
    Variety is the spice of life in lockdown and perhaps to your relief this WHC will feel completely and utterly different to last week’s.
    We are in a state of the art, no frills, 300bhp, carbon tub Go-Kart. X-bow is pronounced “Crossbow” and this week requires pinpoint precision.

Controversially, for the WHC, the Crossbow is powered by Audi’s four cylinder, two litre turbo. Transmission is through a six speed sequential, so adjust your shifters. Following last week’s vintage experience, you’ll also need to adjust other parameters too! Like braking distance and grip!

I think there might be a bit of sweating and swearing this week! Highlands Drift is a very tricky track. Although, in the KTM, it is wide, you need to be very precise and accurate with your lines through the sweeping, double apices. In my short test, I found it easily understeers if you get it wrong, but it feels very sweet indeed when you get it right. And, in three or four laps testing, I did get one corner right-ish once. (Turn 5 - The double left hander before the hill up to “Tower Lub.”)

So this week, go gently to start and get into a groove and the times will improve dramatically. There is a knack to this track, it has a great rhythm but you need to dial in, look ahead, be precise and (hint, hint) use all of the tarmac available. And enjoy the car(t).

Tyres and Fastest Lap
    Recommended operating pressures:
    Semislicks – Front: 31 psi Rear: 32 psi
    Fastest Lap: 2:07.781 by Jakub Krcma

---------------------------------------------------------

Assetto Corsa Competizione Hotlap:
    Car: Porsche 911 GT3R *
    upload_2021-1-16_18-12-5.png
    * NB – The earlier model, from the 2018 Blancpain GT Series (not the 911 II GT3 R.)

The Paul Ricard Circuit came about because Paul Ricard, the “Pastis magnate” wanted to experience the challenge of building a race track. Curious chap! As most of us know, any building project is an horrendous nightmare, (caveat - unless of course, Moody is running it.)

Unlike other building projects, there are no gravel traps here (but there are pits!) To prevent impacts from loss of control, the red and blue run off zones feature special ultra-high grip surfaces. The blue areas use a tungsten asphalt compound and the red zones are so abrasive, they’ll rip the tread from the tyres in slowing you down.

Get you inters pre-heated, Mike’s booked a wet one!! Which reminds me, if you hate pastis and have a bottle in the back of the cupboard, I strongly recommend the delicious Monkey Gland: (2 measures Gin, 2 Orange Juice, a teaspoon of Pastis, shake over ice, serve and drizzle a teaspoon or two of Grenadine). You won’t get through the pastis anything like as fast as the Porsche does Paul Ricard, but it slips down faster and you won’t notice the pastis either. That’s a win, win, win.

Tyres and steering lock:
    Ideal GT3 operating pressures are around 27.5 psi
    Recommended steering lock adjustment for Porsche 991 GT3 R - 800°

☆☆PLEASE NOTE: WHC 209 IS STILL OPEN UNTIL 18:00 (GMT+1) TOMORROW. ☆☆
    ---------------------------------------------------
    How to take part:

*Assetto Corsa Hotlaps Challenge*
    To enter the Assetto Corsa Hotlap Challenge, select Hotlap, choose the KTM X-Bow R and the Highlands Drift Circuit. Please setup the session as follows:
    Mode: Hotlap
    Setup: Ambient Temp: FREE
    Time of day: Free / Controller: Free / Assists: Free / Stability: Free.

*Assetto Corsa Competizione Hotlap*
    Car: Porsche 911 GT3R (Please ensure you have the correct car)
    2. Challenge type: Hotlap
    3. Time of day: 13:00
    4. Track: Paul Ricard
    5. Weather type eg: Light Rain
    6. Dynamic Weather: Disabled
    7. Cloud: n/a
    8. Ave Temp: n/a
    9. Grip level: Free choice
    10. Wetness: n/a
    11. Standing water: n/a
    The screen shot required to enter your time is in Timetables at the end of the session.
    Realism and Assist Settings are up to you. Ideally, please use PRO

POSTING FORMAT:
    For ease of admin, please use the following format to post your times to be included on the leader boards:

* Improvement (Only required if you have already posted a time)
    * Challenge – AC or ACC
    * Your name (as you would like it to appear on the leaderboard)
    * Your time - shown as x.xx.xxx.
    * Your platform (PC Xb1 PS4)
    * Screen shot showing your time.
    (Optional but in the spirit) Your thoughts or any comment.
    Please post video clips and share information here as well.
    To submit a time, pause the game and select 'session' from the menu and screenshot this page or take a photo of your screen and post it in this thread - Note all the information from the screen is required including temperature, lap mode, weather and of course the car being used!
    You can run as many laps as you can manage and update your times as often as you like. It is all about taking part, pushing yourself and enjoying Assetto Corsa and Competizione. All Platforms are welcome.

Deadline: Sunday 24th January 2021
    Chequered Flag will drop shortly before 6pm.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge 276 Jun 11, 2022
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge 275 Jun 4, 2022
    Chit Chat Room Weekly Hotlap Challenge May 21, 2022
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge 274 May 21, 2022
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge 273 May 14, 2022
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge #272 May 1, 2022
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge 271 Apr 26, 2022
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge #262 Jan 29, 2022
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge #261 Jan 22, 2022
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge #260 Jan 15, 2022
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge #259 Jan 8, 2022
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge #258 Jan 1, 2022
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge #257 Dec 27, 2021
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge #256 Dec 18, 2021
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge #255 Dec 11, 2021

3. Emmanuel Tubbiolo

Emmanuel Tubbiolo Hardcore Simmer

Happy new year everyone. Ok Totall Wrytoff. Did you use that title to get me back in to it? Paul Ricard is my home track and am from down the road. That's where I use to do karting as a kid. Also pastis is my favourite drink, but am not aloud anymore... I wish I had ACC.
    I ordered myself a rig at Christmas but it never came. Gt lost. So I cut 2 chairs and tried to build a little something.. I'll try this week so. A bit rusty but can't wait. Glad to be back.

4. Rod100

Rod100 Hardcore Simmer

TW, for AC the ambient temperature is free again?

Sent from my ASUS_Z012DC using Tapatalk

5. Happy new year to you ET and a big welcome back! Excellent! :):):)
    ACC challenges are thanks to @mike reynolds
    The home made rig sounds very exciting, I hope the furniture is not missed! Think your handiwork deserves a pic to share...:D

That's correct!

6. sissydriver

sissydriver Alien

WHC210_ACC_a.jpg

Yesterday Aris tried the Porsche 991 II GT3 R at Pauls. We discovered: You dont drive the Porsche. The Porsche allows you to drive. :cool:

7. sissydriver

sissydriver Alien

ACC
    Sissydriver
    PC

WHC210_ACC_1.jpg

Puh, not a single clean attempt to master Signes :confused:
    that should be a difficult week o_O

8. Emmanuel Tubbiolo

Emmanuel Tubbiolo Hardcore Simmer

Definitely needs a picture. 2 years ago one of my kids got an Xbox. I decided very quickly to find out what's going on in the virtual driving world.. got myself a Logitech and found out that Ac was the most accurate sim racing game for the console. I was happy out in the front room with all the toys and my wife's desk as a rig... until the main telly broke and my wife needed her space back to work from home. So here I am, in the leaving room with my made up rig waiting for the family to go to bed. All this is off course to excuse my future lap times..

9. sissydriver

sissydriver Alien

ACC
    Sissydriver
    PC

WHC210_ACC_2.jpg

More rear wing, nearly solved the problem. Still scary at the limit :eek:

10. mike reynolds

mike reynolds Hardcore Simmer

ACC
    Mike Reynolds
    2:02:931
    PC

Sneaked in ahead of Sissydriver by .003!

ACC WHC Header.PNG

11. sissydriver

sissydriver Alien

ACC
    Sissydriver
    Improvement
    PC

WHC210_ACC_3aDry.jpg

Tried the dry compound - 6th lap was fastest with this 2.05.529
    Then again on wets.

Now its your turn again @mike reynolds :cool:

12. mike reynolds

mike reynolds Hardcore Simmer

Did you do your times on Wets? I’m on drys....had one go on wets and couldn’t get below 2:05!

13. AC
    Totall Wrytoff
    PS4
    upload_2021-1-17_13-46-46.png
    This opening time would have placed me 3rd on RSR, but having just checked, I'm 4th and (- spoiler alert -) I'm delighted see there is a new world record holder... with a time currently over 4.5 secs faster!! :cool:
    I'm not saying who that might be of course, you'll have to wait and see! :)

14. Peggy11

Peggy11 Hardcore Simmer

AC
    Peggy11
    2:15:793
    PC

KTM Hotlap.png

A nice dusk drive in the Highlands. Let's see how much I can improve in a week :p

I need to learn the track properly then I might have half a chance of posting a respectable time. Nevertheless this is quite fun with the combination of power oversteer and front wheel locking undertseer, both as a consequence of my heavy feet :rolleyes:

15. Improvement
    AC
    Totall Wrytoff
    PS4
    upload_2021-1-17_19-25-42.png
    Hectic!
    Isn't understeer flipping into mid corner oversteer refer to as unbalanced? Surely it should react "all-of-a-piece."
    I'm going to lower it to the max, soften the rears damps and front rebound and take a bit of camber off both ends, in search of stability and grip. ;)

16. Improvement
    AC
    Totall Wrytoff
    PS4
    upload_2021-1-17_20-30-0.png
    The tweaks have reduced the understeer but made the rear more twitchy. It can't keep up.
    Without the option to tweak springs, roll bars and probably most importantly, the diff, I'll try reducing the ride height difference between front and rear. :)

17. sissydriver

sissydriver Alien

AC
    Sissydriver
    PC

WHC211_AC.jpg

Same as ACC KTM - always trying to kill you, but fun :)

18. SlowGrayAudi

SlowGrayAudi Hardcore Simmer

Just make your own rig! I did
    20210117_154713.jpg

19. Rod100

Rod100 Hardcore Simmer

AC
    Rod100
    Xb1

After the 1967 Ferrari, again having control over the brakes. Pleasant car to drive. I feel some oversteering everywhere during turns, I think that's the main point for setup improvement.[​IMG]

20. Rod100

Rod100 Hardcore Simmer

Improvement
    AC
    Rod100
    Xb1

Another round after lunch. Increased negative camber on rear wheels to -1.1deg, I felt it a bit more behaved, specially with brake over steering.

Cold tire pressures: 27 on lefts and 28 on rights, with ambient temp at 10deg C. Possibly better grip with higher temp. (I like driving several laps, tires cool down around the 3rd lap)

[​IMG]

21. AC
    BenBB
    2:08:419
    PC
    s1.PNG

Hard to believe how far I was from correct pace on my first tries. Had to work on every corner trajectory/speed/breaking points to gradually improve from 2:15 in my first sessions !
    Quite a different drive than last week's F1s, although I think they share some "powersliding" ability
    Nothing spectacular concerning setup: lowered suspensions, augmented negative camber, reduced damper settings close to minimum.

Quite impatient to see how @GoodGame.eXistenZ found a 2:05 on this combo now ! :D