1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Assetto Corsa Competizione - 2021-2022-2023 Generic discussion

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by pankykapus, Jan 1, 2021.

1. Rogue Leader

Rogue Leader Hardcore Simmer

Its honestly pretty terrifying at first, once you get used to it though the track surface is pretty consistent and grippy on the oval part so you don't have to worry about spinning it there. Its once you get to the infield that its less consistent. That said its been resurfaced significantly since the last time I was there (2004) so it may be better. Basically its grippy enough that you feel like even if you blow your braking point you won't spin and crash, which is good because it inspires confidence in maybe making an overtaking maneuver there.

Braking for the chicane is similar except the track is flatter so you don't have as much lateral force, you're braking in a straight line basically. The chicane if you get it lined up is super fast and fun, but if you screw your turn in point for the exit which is very easy to do because there really is no marker you can use you have to slow down a LOT to not end up in the grass, Its hard to just wheel your way out of it and maintain your speed. I'd argue a mistake there is the worst possible place on the track and will cost you the most time of anywhere.

baboon and rikirk like this.
  2. Nico1979

Nico1979 Racer

Is there any way to edit the standard setups which the AI is using or to make that the AI is using the players setup? I would like to adapt the tyre preassure. In a rain race with medium rain the standard preassure is much to high and the AI is therefore driving with arround 34psi of preassure.

3. LATE4APEX

LATE4APEX Alien

A question, how do you know what pressures AI is actually running ?

AndyK70 and Dewald Nel like this.
  4. sissydriver

sissydriver Alien

He suspects that the AI uses the default setups and then reaches the same, much too high pressures in the tires that he has when he uses these values (that's my guess).

5. Winston

Winston Hardcore Simmer

Just spotted this on youtube:

I hate giving this guy publicity but just to ensure Kunos are aware it looks as though he's up to his old tricks again.

6. sps_for_race

sps_for_race Alien

7. RWa

RWa Simracer

In Online races I feel quite some people do cheat. But in such a way that it is not noticeable but they do benefit from it.

8. Nico1979

Nico1979 Racer

some cars like the bmw gt4 displays the preasures in the default cockpit view...

9. Cirith Ungol

Cirith Ungol Simracer

I have more than 700h on this game and never encounterd a single cheater, how can you come to that conclusion really ?

Dewald Nel and rycil like this.
  10. sps_for_race

sps_for_race Alien

By watching racer who don´t know how to take a corner, missing apexes getting slow out of corners, but overtake easily on straights.
    Those are not the typically pole setter or race winner.

Last edited: Jan 21, 2021
    LukFry and devil in me like this.
  11. sissydriver

sissydriver Alien

This video was discussed here on the forum a few days ago - it's Masterlooser and it would be interesting to know when it's from.
    Probably an older video.

sps_for_race likes this.
  12. Winston

Winston Hardcore Simmer

Yeah I did wonder that myself but as it's posted recently thought it wise to make Kunos aware as I hadn't seen the other post.
    Hopefully it's old and no action is required.

sps_for_race and sissydriver like this.
  13. sps_for_race

sps_for_race Alien

If you take a look at his channel, you´ll see, that he´s active in ACC these days, + there are other youtuber with videos from the last couple of days, like this f.e.:

sissydriver likes this.
  14. sissydriver

sissydriver Alien

Thanks @sps_for_race I could have thought of that.... He's back. Kevin will not be bored :rolleyes:

sps_for_race likes this.
  15. LATE4APEX

LATE4APEX Alien

A snap showing the pressures in this view, would be helpful, and especially when they reach 34 PSI.

16. Oblit0r

Oblit0r Alien

You can see AI tire pressures in the tire HUD when spectating them.

Screenshot of AI:
    upload_2021-1-21_16-45-8.png

Attached Files:

17. LATE4APEX

LATE4APEX Alien

Cool, never came across that view, still would like to see 34 PSI AI tire pressure snap.

18. Gopher04

Gopher04 Simracer

I know idea about AI psi but they are bloody quick in the rain to quick me thinks, it doesn't balance out against dry running.

19. sissydriver

sissydriver Alien

When Stefano improved the AI, Aris complained that they are too slow in the rain, he could easily beat them at Zolder (97 or 98 Skill, dont remember).
    For me they are too fast. But ... dunno ^^

20. RDGNL

RDGNL Simracer

This is probably my OCD speaking, but can we change the background of the ACC logo or the forum background to the same colour? :D

Current

Proposed

Or change the background on the logo?

</OCD> :D