1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Assetto Corsa Competizione - 2021-2022-2023 Generic discussion

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by pankykapus, Jan 1, 2021.

1. sps_for_race

sps_for_race Alien

Weird way to ask, why we haven´t got a british GT DLC banner yet :D

RDGNL likes this.
  2. sps_for_race

sps_for_race Alien

Fanatec named title sponsor of GT World Challenge Powered by AWS and GT2 European Series

Fanatec named title sponsor of GT World Challenge Powered by AWS and GT2 European Series | GT World Challenge Europe Powered by AWS (gt-world-challenge-europe.com)

An on-site esports contest, organised in cooperation with AK Informatica, will be staged at each event using Assetto Corsa Competizione, the official video game of Fanatec GT World Challenge Powered by AWS.
    Entrants competing for overall honours and those in the Silver Cup class will nominate one driver to represent them in a virtual race, which will award teams' championship points.

https://twitter.com/GTWorldChEu/status/1352603219332116480

tw.JPG

"Marco Massarutto, Co-Founder and Executive Manager at Kunos Simulazioni SRL:
    “The worldwide lockdown forced motorsports to engage with virtual driving more so than in the past, and its potential has been better understood and is now seen as a legitimate complementary tool to real-world racing, which continues to remain irreplaceable.
    Nevertheless, we believe that this initiative can bring drivers even more competition, offering the public a renewed and interesting vision of motorsports, be it real or virtual.”"

The first Fanatec GT World Challenge Powered by AWS event of 2021 will be staged at Phillip Island, which kicks off the Australian championship on 20-21 February.

British DLC postponed? ;) :D

Last edited: Jan 22, 2021
  3. Coanda

Coanda Alien

Ok so now maybe fanatec users can finally get the left hand analog joystick supported in ACC.. :p

If Kunos secure Phillip Island I will never say one more smart a$$ coment here again. One of my favourite tracks and one I got to have birl around when I was younger.. :cool:

Salvatore Amato, marph, JanR and 4 others like this.
  4. Belgakinen

Belgakinen Simracer

It doesn't mean much but it's interesting to see that Fanatec will also sponsor the GT2 European Series.

Also this :rolleyes::
    "The Fanatec GT2 European Series will then stage events at Hockenheim, Silverstone, Spa-Francorchamps and Circuit Paul Ricard in what promises to be an exciting debut season for the new category."

Salvatore Amato likes this.
  5. Ecnelis

Ecnelis Alien

In case someone missed: brand new M4 GT3 confirmed.

Fanatec represents the ideal partner with which to embark upon such an ambitious project. Indeed, the brand has already demonstrated its expertise in this area by launching a crossover steering wheel that can be used both on the sim and inside the cockpit of the upcoming BMW M4 GT3.

6. sps_for_race

sps_for_race Alien

7. bbman

bbman Racer

Hahaha... nope. Not that I ever had any hopes of this going for any reasonable price... "Competitively priced" - against what, a Rolex?

chksix and AndyK70 like this.
  8. Maciej Malinowski

Maciej Malinowski Hardcore Simmer

9. Unf

Unf Racer

That prices for wheels / pedals / rigs are ridicules. These companies trying hard to ensure poeple, that simracing = pay 2 win and if you would buy super wheel for 5k euros you will gain 1s per lap /facepalm

Dewald Nel likes this.
  10. Flavus

Flavus Racer

Strongly Disagree! Put me on the most expensive sim rig setup with all the best gear and give somebody like Magic Malinowski an old G25 and pedals and put us level on the starting grid. He would disappear into the distance on the first lap. You need talent to be quick, not saying equipment doesn't help but you cannot buy Alien talent.... you are born with it.

11. sps_for_race

sps_for_race Alien

Haven´t seen a company promised to gain lapimes with a wheel.

12. Unf

Unf Racer

Malinowski itself is using T300 which is not high end and he many times said that wheel is important but not very much - you can gain 0.2 -0.3 by gear. Of course on Aliens level 0.3 means A LOT, by for typical drivers... it's nothing.

Of course they don't do it in that direct way, just beacuse the will end up on court if someone would not gain the time by using their wheel. But for some reasons this market is growing...

13. pankykapus

pankykapus KS Dev Team Staff Member KS Dev Team

Do you have a wrong opinion about everything? :D

rycil, elchshooter, chksix and 5 others like this.
  14. Unf

Unf Racer

If "wrong" means "different than a mass" then yes :cool:

15. Turk

Turk Alien

Probably to similar wheels for Gt3 racing cars. Remember this is a real racing wheel that work in a sim rig, not a sim rig toy.

Just like golfers think if the buy a new driver they'll be tiger woods, there's clearly plenty of sim racers with some disposable income, this is just signs that sim racing is established enough that companies can invest in producing products for it. So even if you don't want the wheel or think it's over priced is a good sign for the sim industry that it's being made. I'd say there would be people who would like to buy that wheel so they can display it, as much as use it.

Unf likes this.
  16. Jonnela

Jonnela Racer

I mean that wording doesn't really confirm anything. It says that it can be used in the sim in a general manner, and that it can be used in the real car once it is available.

17. sps_for_race

sps_for_race Alien

Maybe you have missed the live presentation?

Timestamp 1:20:50
    or
    t=4850

Philipp Eng : BMW Works Driver
    Rudolf Dittrich : Head of Sim Racing BMW Group Motorsport
    Thomas Jackemeier : Chief Executive Officer Endor AG

Dewald Nel and sissydriver like this.
  18. sps_for_race

sps_for_race Alien

One last thing about prices from me:
    In last summer, it was almost impossible to buy any wheelbases at Fanatec / Endor AG, because of the pandemic they´ve been sold out, long waiting lists, but all prices at Fanatec were always the same, even if they could have asked easily way more in these days.

19. Vel

Vel Simracer

In AC, as well as ACC, i've for the most part driven for the sake of zen/relaxation, car control and consistency. My typical desire for persistent competitive racing is typically very, very low. I have tried the occasional online race as well as vs. the AI in both sims. I usually find my enertainment/relaxation in experiencing the multitude of track and car configurations. Lighting, Weather, setup and the magical way in which Kunos cars tend to be unique experiences. Each, different from the other the more you explore & experience their subtle nuances. But racing? I usually care less. My all be it very consistent times are usually embarrasingly awful/slow if i cared, but i recieve more value/enjoyment from the zen of relaxed driving than anything else.

I've tried single player sprint race mixed field weekends with the GT4 Aston. It's a great car the more time you spend with it. Even the GT3. But i wouldn't characterize trying to race with it as "fun" ... it's just wonderfully educational and easy to work with, to drive and appreciate. I do like it a lot (it's just not 'fun').

By contrast to everything noted so far, - ... I've had a few singlemake AI races with the GT4 Alpine in a grid of Alpines. During the Day, & during the Night hours.

And wow, are those cars endlessly entertaining in a race.

To the point where i find myself wondering - Are there any online dedicated Alpine leagues/series? Isn't there an RL non-SRO organized Alpine racing series?

20. Jonnela

Jonnela Racer

Yea, but what i think the person i quoted implied is that the M4 would be coming to ACC. And that is what i was responding to. I knew about the wheel being usable in sim and the real car, it is "old" news.

sps_for_race likes this.