1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Assetto Corsa Competizione - 2021-2022-2023-2024 Generic discussion

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by pankykapus, Jan 1, 2021.

1. This would be the most useless way to end a discussion. The way a discussion works is (or should be) that everyone thinks about the arguments of the other side. In this case, you have made the claim that "people" think that expensive gear makes them faster. You have, so far not shown any prove of that, it is just what YOU believe that "people" think. The other side has made the point that a lot of sources like advertising of this equipment and many, many YT videos exist that show no evidence of your claim. Now, either you show some real, logical argument about WHY you come to your point of view or you concede that you have been wrong. I myself habe been wrong about a lot of things - the key is to be able to realize and acknowledge it. To just say, okay, we disagree is an ending that leads us nowhere.

About the actual discussion: I have found that the switch to a load cell braking pedal (years ago in iRacing) has made me more consistent in long runs but has not improved my hotlap results. But of course, there are many talented aliens out there who have been able to be faster than me with less expensive gear. Going from cheap to midlevel gear can have it's tiny advantages, spending more is probably just nice to have. I have never met anyone who bought a more expensive gear with the expectation to be quicker.

AndyK70, sissydriver, Mogster and 2 others like this.
  2. sps_for_race

sps_for_race Alien

Heat Pro League championship race at ISM Raceway | eNASCAR

Corey Rothgeb in the finals with a joypad.

controller.JPG

Last edited: Jan 23, 2021
    AndyK70, Vel, Mogster and 1 other person like this.
  3. Unf

Unf Racer

Do you really think that everything we think about should be proved by screens, quotes etc.? So if I would say "most of people likes candies" it wouldn't be true as long as I will not provide graphs and statistical analysis? Really?
    I don't know how many simracing fans thinks excatly as I said - but in my opinion many would do wrong decision and go for very expensive gear and they will be frustrated not getting better lap times - this is my opinion, can I have it without evidences?

This thread is not about me - if I can't write my opinions and if everyone there don't "like" me beacuse I had a courage to say a couple of bad sentences about Kunos work (and a couple of positives!) then... just ask pankypulos to ban me, as he was trying to threat me in the past he would do. Then you won't have here any more "bastard" who is not likely to cheers for everything.

4. devil in me

devil in me Racer

damn, now im lost.. wasnt this a small discution about some equipments ? its now about kunos?

im going to track

AndyK70 and sps_for_race like this.
  5. pankykapus

pankykapus KS Dev Team Staff Member KS Dev Team

You have every right to formulate an opinion, but also with it bear the potential consequence of it being labelled bull****.

From what I've seen, you're just another pathological naysayer who posts for impact, who also quite hilariously gets offended when he gets called out instead of being put on the ignore list, where these baseless outbursts belong.

As long as it's not paired with malicious behaviour, no opinion will get you banned here, so no need to imply that as an outcome. A lot of people who have been removed tend to mistake that it's their off-mainstream or woke thinking that led them to removal and somehow forget about the being a jackass part.

6. Unf

Unf Racer

Yes, you are lost. The massive attack on me after each post happens beacuse I was bravely saying what I don't like on ACC and I blamed Kunos for it. As first and last person here. From there - everything I say is "wrong" and called like BS.
    If you don't believe me you can check it - I was posted my opinion about very expensive wheel and it could be end of talking from my side, but pankykapus decided to provoke me for no reason and we have what we have.

7. Unf

Unf Racer

More, more invectives on me. You can do it cause you are outlaw there, right?

8. pankykapus

Why are you even offended? :D It's empirical based on what you decide to publicly write down here. You clearly have a driving to post, so you should be happy sometimes it gets attention. You prove me wrong, I'll change my mind, but so far, every opinionated post I've seen from you followed the same pattern, which is going against the "popular" opinion just for the sake of it. Again, playing by the rules of discussion won't get you ridiculed, but here we are.
    I'm not unlawful, I'm bored.

Rogue Leader likes this.
  9. Rogue Leader

Rogue Leader Hardcore Simmer

No one in the world except the truest complete idiot would believe a $5000 steering wheel will give them ANY advantage in any sim racing game.

So what does high end sim equipment do? Depends on the person and how adaptable they are. Me I've been gaming and sim racing for a long time but mostly casually until the past couple years. I've had some sort of wheel/pedal setup for about 15 or so years. However I've been racing cars IRL for over 20 years. I've also become a bit of an old fart. I'd say my ability to adapt to the deficiencies of lower end equipment is significantly lower than someone who has been hardcore sim racing a lot longer than me, or is younger and therefore more adaptable as well. For me replacing the feel cues I get from a car with visual cues or I guess what you would call replacement cues (ffb and whatever my buttkicker can do) doesn't work as well.

So for me for example I replaced my stock wheel on my T300RS with the Sparco one Thrustmaster offers which happens to be the exact diameter of my actual race car's wheel. That alone made me more comfortable and therefore faster. I'd bet money it won't have the same affect on most of you. I'd also say in the end I'm probably still slower than most of you lol.

One of the fastest guys I know (in both real cars and sims) crushes all on a beat up G27. Its not the equipment. Its how YOU can work with the equipment and making yourself more comfortable with it. The more comfortable you are the faster you will be, because honestly it all comes down to concentration.

AndyK70, OBTable and Unf like this.
  10. pankykapus

Also we have a new type of user emerging, particularly with the pandemic, which is the trackday racer/professional racer, who will not climb the ladder of traditional equipment progression, they are used to the real thing, have money, and will want to recreate their real-life racing environment as much as possible upon entry.

As for pace, a G27 and affordable load-cell pedals can probably get you all the way, and there are other little things that can help establish a consistent environment where you can maximize muscle memory and minimize hindering factors, such as a rigid and permanent rig that doesn't flex or change, a comfortable seat, display(s) with good response time etc.
    In my experience there are many things to spend on that will help the driving part before an expensive rim is even to be considered.

11. Rogue Leader

Rogue Leader Hardcore Simmer

Agree, having a dedicated rig, solidly mounted, comfortable, headphones, triple monitors, etc had already gotten me quite far compared to before. Eliminating outside distractions and allowing me to focus similar to being in my actual car where all you can do is focus. I'm a markedly faster sim racer than I ever was in the past when I was younger. I also attribute that to the quality of ACC and other sims increasing over the years. The more realistic it is, the more likely for it to be comfortable for someone used to the real thing.

12. Felge Schneider

Felge Schneider Hardcore Simmer

This is exactly the mindset, users criticise about you in this forum. You put the fault on external factors and don't look for it at yourself.

AndyK70 and sissydriver like this.
  13. Unf

Unf Racer

That's why you need me - since my unpopular opinions make this board a bit more excited. ;)
    Would you like to live in the world where everyone agree with everyone?
    Love you too.

14. Maciej Malinowski

Maciej Malinowski Hardcore Simmer

desk all the way :D

sissydriver and Coanda like this.
  15. pankykapus

No, I'd love a world with reading comprehension and having discussions based on arguments, and not hardcoded preconceptions or sensational claims.

sissydriver likes this.
  16. Coanda

Coanda Alien

How many people bought or will buy the new McLaren GT3 V2 rim..?

Clever Fanatec.. :cool:

17. Coanda

Coanda Alien

show off.. :p

I GPAD'ed AC/ACC fairly competitive for years.. Maybe I was the tortellinii in the GPAD realm. It's all about pillow placement and thumb squats.. ;)

sps_for_race likes this.
  18. devil in me

devil in me Racer

i would, if i had the money..:(

Coanda likes this.
  19. pankykapus

Why does everything you do have to sound kinky? :D

20. Coanda

Coanda Alien

I don't know... That's just what it took to go to the next level and unlock my potential.. :cool:

sissydriver likes this.