1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Generic Weekly Hotlap Challenge 210 - Pinpoint precision and a pastis

Discussion in 'Console Lounge' started by Totall Wrytoff, Jan 16, 2021.

1. Improvement

AC
    BenBB
    2:05:922
    PC
    s1.PNG
    Feels sooo good to enter the 2:05 zone, perfect reward for a (much too) long practice session :p

2. SlowGrayAudi

SlowGrayAudi Hardcore Simmer

No worries, i like the car a little more on the nose. But im not too well versed with the Porsche. Definitely a car i need more time with.

Great time though!

3. SlowGrayAudi

I'll have to see about getting some laps in with the wet tires when i get off work. Seeing that sub 2 min lap i think made it obvious that the wet tire will perform better.

The last sector does get a little tricky on the slicks. Especially since the temperature drops so much.

4. Lewisxbone

Lewisxbone Alien

@SlowGrayAudi I set my best laps on wets mate .
    My pressures on track were all over the place though.
    I’m sure I saw a 36 ish on the long straight.
    I just set them all at 30 in the car setup menu but while on track the rears were red raw pretty quickly.

5. SlowGrayAudi

Did you just use the default wet setup?

I'll have to turn some laps when im off work on 5.5 hrs

6. Lewisxbone

Lewisxbone Alien

Is there really a wet setup??
    I just left the set up to what it starts with, went to custom then changed to wet and did pressures.
    My aim yesterday was to learn the track so I think I got lucky with my time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. SlowGrayAudi

The default "wet" is set up for rain as far as i know. Different suspension and such i would think.

Excited to try to it!

8. sissydriver

sissydriver Alien

Wet is normally safe setup with wet tires and brake pad 3. When i have some time this afternoon i make some Screenshots.

SlowGrayAudi and Totall Wrytoff like this.
  9. Peggy11

Peggy11 Hardcore Simmer

Improvement
    AC
    Peggy11
    2:09:556
    PC

KTM Hotlap.png

There's still a few more tenths to be had, lets see if I can catch them.

10. GoodGame.eXistenZ

GoodGame.eXistenZ Hardcore Simmer

Remembered the lines, had 2-3 dry runs and perfected the lines further on each run. Coasting is really effective with car through the long corners.
    Potentially a 2:03 is possible, but that would require some serious efforts.

I see you are not using H-Shifter. Why is that?
    Grats to your new time.

11. Peggy11

Peggy11 Hardcore Simmer

Improvement
    AC
    Peggy11
    2:09:151
    PC

KTM Hotlap.png

Enough for now. I'll try and get under 2:09 later on.

12. SlowGrayAudi

Improvement

Did a few laps with wet tires, i just got of a 10hr shift and rhe gf is sleeping so i cant crank the volume.

Wet tires definitely feel better but they're getting roasted!!

I'd need more time to get more out of them.

ACC
    SlowGrayAudi
    2:01.176
    PS4

20210123_055149.jpg

13. Emmanuel Tubbiolo

Emmanuel Tubbiolo Hardcore Simmer

Improvement
    AC
    Emmanuel Tubbiolo
    Xbox

Some happened last night. A telly came. I know a guy... had to talk to the wife about her desk. Made an offer she can't refuse... am back in the front room lads!

Attached Files:

14. The tremendous activity over the last 24hrs is well worth a leader board update!
    Well done everyone!:)

Weekly Hotlap Challenge 210
    Saturday Standings

Assetto Corsa Hotlap
    KTM X-Bow R at Highlands Drift

1. GoodGame.eXistenZ – 2.04.553 PC
    2. BenBB – 2.05.922 PC
    3. Lewis - 2:06.537 SX
    4. Totall Wrytoff - 2.08.234 PS4
    5. Peggy11 – 2.09.151 PC
    6. Rod100 - 2.10.361 Xb1
    7. SlowGrayAudi – 2.10.755 PS4
    8. Emmanuel Tubbiolo - 2.10.979 Xbox
    9. Sissydriver - 2.13.189 PC
    10. Jimmy_3226 – 2.13.763 PS4
    11. HandyAndy1962 – 2.13.783 PC
    12. Laughing Gravy - 2.13.979 PS4

Some epic improvements!
    On Wednesday's leader board update I said, having watched @GoodGame.eXistenZ 's vid, everyone should improve by a second. The only driver I wasn't thinking of at the time was GoodGame. But, prompted by the improvement of RSR's previous WRH, (now a WHC persona non grata for reasons which you all would entirely support,) Goodgame immediately raised his game and goes a second faster! And reclaims the WR! Fantastic! A 2.03 eh?
    @Benoit Boyadjis ! Into the previously unthinkable 2.05s! Brilliant! That might prompt @Lewisxbone to have another go.;)
    @Peggy11 not only beats his target of a sub 2.10, improving by around 1.5 secs, he's now looking at 2.08s.
    Eeeeteee!! @Emmanuel Tubbiolo is dialling back in, in a big way! Over two seconds up, a new telly and it looks like, the furniture is still intact. Hope you haven't over-extended yourself with the domestic "offer!" :D Congrats ET, what a boost!
    As I said in the intro, this is the sort of track where, if you persevere, the lap times start to drop considerably.

I think we'll all have to have another go!

Assetto Corsa Competizione Hotlap
    Porsche 911 GT3R at Paul Ricard

1. jo_siffert - 1.59.805 PC
    2. Lewis - 2.00.933 SX
    3. SlowGrayAudi - 2:01.176 PS4
    4. Mike Reynolds - 2.01.392 PC
    5. Sissydriver - 2.01.521 PC
    6. Totall Wrytoff - 2.02.883 PS4

Even more drama in ACC!:D
    Welcome back @jo_siffert ! This week the ACC number one spot has changed hands more times than a frustrated man on a desert island. Then Jo arrives and drives straight in to P1 with a sub two minutes. And 1.1 seconds clear! Nice one!
    Not only that, @Lewisxbone , even though not yet comfortable with the tyres, after a round of improvements, drives into P2 ahead of @SlowGrayAudi . SGA has been working hard exploring every possible set-up and kept improving. He's on the podium for now, is it safe? (Think, Dr. Christian Szell!!)

I think there will be some major shuffling before 6pm tomorrow! (I'm going again.:))

Great to see the improvements by everyone, who has got more in the tank?

15. sissydriver

sissydriver Alien

Too many screenshots. I hope you believe what I say.;)
    Of course, the following only applies to the PC version, as I don't have access to a console.

If you set Light Rain, dry tyres are recommended as the best choice in the simulation.
    This does not necessarily mean that this is the best choice!
    If you now look at the current setup without having clicked on anything beforehand, you will find the values of the safe setup.
    If you choose "wet preset setup" its the safe setup with following changes (safe setups values in brackets):
    tyre pressure 27.5(25.3) / 27.4(25.3)
    TC 8(6) / ABS 11(6)
    WET (DRY) / Brake Pads 3 (2)
    Mechanical Grip / Dampers --> no changes
    rear wing 10 (7)

What you have to adjust every time you try a new track/car combo is tyre pressures AND brake pads AND brake ducts - that nearly never fits.

Jardier highly recommends and i can do this too to use the aggressive setup if you have wet conditions and change to wet tires, brake pads 3, adjust ride height (if different in wet setup, in this case its not different) and adjust ducts and rear wing and try this.

Diffenrences aggressive setup (safe setup in brackets)
    rear toe 0.1 (0.13)
    TC 2(6) / ABS 3 (6) / ECUMap 8 (4) <<---- ECU map porsche is different, have a look into the blog in the forum

https://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/index.php?threads/ecu-maps-implementation.54472/

Porsche 991 GT3-R & Porsche 991ii GT3-R (EVO)
    1-9 maps.

• 1 normal power&consumption least progressive throttle map
    • 2 normal power&consumption progressive throttle map
    • 3 normal power&consumption aggressive throttle map
    • 4 normal power&consumption linear throttle map
    • 5 Qual power, high consumption, least progressive throttle map
    • 6 Qual power, high consumption, progressive throttle map
    • 7 Qual power, high consumption, aggressive throttle map
    • 8 Qual power, high consumption, linear throttle map
    • 9 Low power, low consumption, progressive throttle map
    10 Pace Car very slow map and low consumption for Pace Car situations

bumpstop rate 900 (1000)
    rear wing 5 (7)

TL;DR
    Difference between safe and aggressive is other electronics settings and manly less rear wing!
    Nothing more on the mechanical setup side. Its a little surprise for me.

16. Great info @sissydriver !
    Thanks very much for sharing this with us. It's very interesting to see the thinking that guides, and the nuances of, set-up changes for ACC.
    I was on default Wet set-up , with tyres pressures adjusted but incorrectly. There's quite a big difference.

I'm going to plug this recommendation in and see where I get.

I recommend everyone does! :)

Lewisxbone, sissydriver and Peggy11 like this.
  17. moodyryder

moodyryder Hardcore Simmer

ACC
    moodyryder
    ps4

20210123_135029.jpg 20210123_135045.jpg

Safe set up with wet tyres on. Far too lazy to try different settings.

Thanks for the challenges Fred & Mike. ;)

18. About making your own rig, a little late compared to all the nice pics shared earlier in this thread... :D

20210123_164059.jpg

Well, the picture should speak for itself ! My brand new wheel is not allowed to have a decent rig, the gf HATES it. One of the joys of sharing a 35m² in Paris :rolleyes:
    Is there a time gain to be found using a shifter ?
    I like the idea of an improved experience/feeling, but the struggle is already so hard with managing the wheel/pedals, so I don't feel the need to rush the use of a shifter honestly !

19. GoodGame.eXistenZ

GoodGame.eXistenZ Hardcore Simmer

Dang - I understand. Looks like my rig a few years back. At some point it drove me nuts.
    All the moving parts around you, you are more focus to keep your rig in place...
    Hats off that you are still able to put out good laptimes.
    Shifter will be quicker, as you can shift without going off the throttle and no real delay.

20. mike reynolds

mike reynolds Hardcore Simmer

ACC
    Improvement
    Mike Reynolds
    2:00:975
    PC

ACC WHC Header.PNG