1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Generic Weekly Hotlap Challenge 211 – Trial and frustration, success and satisfaction

Discussion in 'Console Lounge' started by Totall Wrytoff, Jan 23, 2021.

1. Welcome to the Weekly Hotlap Challenge 211 - Trial and frustration, success and satisfaction
    Featuring both Assetto Corsa and Assetto Corsa Competizione hotlap challenges

Assetto Corsa Hotlap:
    Car: Porsche 911 GT1-98
    Track: Nurburgring GP (GT)
    Ambient Temp: FREE
    upload_2021-1-23_18-4-52.png
    We’ve only used the Porsche 911 GT1-98 once before in the WHCs, in @Hugo Catarino ‘s WHC99 around Zandvoort back in October 2018.
    @F1415182235 won it and an on-fire @StyleF1re beat Lewis! Here’s how we finished and what was said at the time:
    1st - F1415182235: “This car is a PAIN!
    6th - StyleF1re: “Looks like I missed quite a bit…”
    7th - Lewisxbone: “Good setup anyone?”
    11th - Sissydriver: “… some work to do and some issues to figure out!”
    14th - Total Wrytoff: “My green car absolutely loves sand. We are not getting on.”
    15th - Laughing Gravy: “… not the only flat bottom prototype to launch on Road Atlanta” *
    16th - TinPeach: “… good fun none the less!!”
    * The context of this has been lost!

At the end of the 90s, the GT1- 98 was up against the epic 700+bhp Toyota GT1, which Gran Turismo players will remember fondly as one of the best, most exciting and fastest cars in the game. No idea what Porsche were thinking giving their GT1 only 600bhp. Reliability probably. However, Porsche got a 1-2 at Le Mans that year, due to their competitors not lasting the race. The one who laughs last, laughs longest.

The Porsche feels decently fast and never short of power around the Nurburgring. Water cooled for the first time ever, the 3.2 litre flat 6 is mid-mounted, also a first, and fed by twin turbos.
    Traction is also good although the usual caveats apply. Underneath the super aero bodywork it is still a Porsche, so you also have the “bobbing nose” and other handling idiosyncrasies to remember too.

The view out is not nearly as good as last week… but all in all, not too frightening and the oft overlooked Nurburgring is in fact, a great track. Be fast!

Tyres and Fastest Lap
    Recommended operating pressures:
    Michelin GT1 Slick 90s – all compounds 30 psi
    Fastest Lap: 1:53.555 by Tibor Solyom

---------------------------------------------------------

Assetto Corsa Competizione 10 mins Hotstint:
    Car: Alpine A110 GT4
    Track: Laguna Seca
    upload_2021-1-23_18-5-13.png
    It’s great to see the returning form of Alpine, (pronounced Alpeen) the French racing brand with so much heritage. And this year they will race F1! Against teams like Aston Martin!

Back at ground level, we have Alpine’s A110 GT4 this week. Hopefully the handling is as exquisite as the A110 road car, (not the A110 S though as apparently the “sports” suspension changes have wrecked it!)
    The GT4 Alpine is an interesting car in that most cars in ACC are detuned, having less power that their road going brothers. But the GT4 Alpine’s 2 litre four has been boosted to 360bhp (vs 300bhp) and weight dropped by a hefty 100kg to just over 1000kg. This car alone may prompt me to buy the DLC…..

Suitably for this January Mike is taking us out to Laguna Seca in California. He has had a quick run in the Alpine to test it out and share his considered and considerable expertise. NB: track surface is Green.
    He, quite frankly, says:
    “Had three attempts and binned it each time, so could be a frustrating week.”
    That made me laugh!
    I think I had 9 or 10 attempts in the Porsche last week before getting round the lap cleanly.

The more frustrating the challenge, the greater the feeling of success and satisfaction in overcoming that challenge surely! And the WHC is not called Weekly Hotlap Challenge for nothing.

Enough philosophy, let’s drive! What’s the Alpine like?

Tyres and steering lock:
    Ideal GT4 operating pressures are between 26.3- 27.2 psi
    Alpine A110 GT4 steering lock: 720° or 730°

☆☆PLEASE NOTE: WHC 210 IS STILL OPEN UNTIL 18:00 (GMT+1) TOMORROW. ☆☆
    ---------------------------------------------------
    How to take part:

*Assetto Corsa Hotlaps Challenge*

To enter the Assetto Corsa Hotlap Challenge, select Hotlap, choose the Porsche 911 GT1-98 and the Nurburgring GP (GT) Circuit. Please setup the session as follows:
    Mode: Hotlap
    Setup: Ambient Temp: FREE
    Time of day: Free / Controller: Free / Assists: Free / Stability: Free.

*Assetto Corsa Competizione Hotstint*

1. Car: Alpine A110 GT4
    2. Challenge type: 10 mins Hot Stint
    3. Time of day: 06:00
    4. Track: Laguna Seca
    5. Weather type eg: Clear
    6. Dynamic Weather: Disabled
    7. Cloud: n/a
    8. Ave Temp: n/a
    9. Grip level: Green
    10. Wetness: n/a
    The screen shot required to enter your time is in Timetables at the end of the session.
    Realism and Assist Settings are up to you. Ideally, please use PRO

POSTING FORMAT:
    For ease of admin, please use the following format to post your times to be included on the leader boards:
    * Improvement
    (Only required if you have already posted a time)
    * Challenge – AC or ACC
    * Your name (as you would like it to appear on the leaderboard)
    * Your time - shown as x.xx.xxx.
    * Number of laps - for ACC Hotstint
    * Your platform (PC Xb1 PS4)
    * Screen shot showing your time.
    (Optional but in the spirit) Your thoughts or any comment.
    Please post video clips and share information here as well.
    To submit a time, pause the game and select 'session' from the menu and screenshot this page or take a photo of your screen and post it in this thread - Note all the information from the screen is required including temperature, lap mode, weather and of course the car being used!
    You can run as many laps as you can manage and update your times as often as you like. It is all about taking part, pushing yourself and enjoying Assetto Corsa and Competizione. All Platforms are welcome.

Deadline: Sunday 31st January 2021
    Chequered Flag will drop shortly before 6pm.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge 276 Jun 11, 2022
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge 275 Jun 4, 2022
    Chit Chat Room Weekly Hotlap Challenge May 21, 2022
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge 274 May 21, 2022
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge 273 May 14, 2022
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge #272 May 1, 2022
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge 271 Apr 26, 2022
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge #262 Jan 29, 2022
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge #261 Jan 22, 2022
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge #260 Jan 15, 2022
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge #259 Jan 8, 2022
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge #258 Jan 1, 2022
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge #257 Dec 27, 2021
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge #256 Dec 18, 2021
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge #255 Dec 11, 2021

3. sissydriver

sissydriver Alien

Laguna 6:00 or 18:00 ?

SlowGrayAudi likes this.
  4. mike reynolds

mike reynolds Hardcore Simmer

5. Rod100

Rod100 Hardcore Simmer

AC
    Rod100
    xb1

No progress with the ktm, so jumping to Porsche.
    Fixed tire pressures and reduced final gear ratio to shorter gears.
    Enjoying this car more than the ktm.[​IMG]

Sent from my ASUS_Z012DC using Tapatalk

6. Rod100

Rod100 Hardcore Simmer

Improvement
    AC
    Rod100

Shorter 4th, 5th and 6th gears.[​IMG]

7. mike reynolds

AC
    Mike Reynolds
    1:55:075
    PC

My HE sequential shifter doesn't get much use these and always liked this car so thought I'd fire up AC for a quick blast

ACC WHC Header.PNG

8. Peggy11

Peggy11 Hardcore Simmer

AC
    Peggy11
    1:57:193
    PC

OculusScreenshot1611439362.jpeg

First few tentative laps on the mediums, she's got a lively rear end!

Got the tyre pressures correct and that's about it so far :)

9. mike reynolds

Improvement
    AC
    Mike Reynolds
    1:54:769
    PC

ACC WHC Header.PNG

10. Peggy11

Peggy11 Hardcore Simmer

Improvement
    AC
    Peggy11
    1:56:758
    PC

OculusScreenshot1611440759.jpeg

11. Peggy11

Peggy11 Hardcore Simmer

Improvement
    AC
    Peggy11
    1:55:588
    PC

911 GT1 Hotlap.png

I'll have another go in the morning.

12. GoodGame.eXistenZ

GoodGame.eXistenZ Hardcore Simmer

AC
    GoodGame.eXistenZ
    PC
    1:50:451

Difficult to drive at first, but gets better the more you drive it. Be careful on throttle in slow corners. Rear will step out a bit under braking, stay on the pedal and try to straighten it out with the wheel. Move brake balance back a bit to help turn in. I set it to 57. Lowered all around. Increased FARB to 56800 - RARB 8800. Shortened gears. Camber F -2.1, R -1.8. Springs 147 front, 166 back. WIng 5. Pressure FL23 FR 25 LR 22 RR 23 . Rest pretty much stock.
    Video will follow.

[​IMG]

13. Lewisxbone

Lewisxbone Alien

I’ll have to look later but are the GT4 cars a paid dlc in ACC? I’m sure I’ve only got gt3 cars in the game.

14. SlowGrayAudi

SlowGrayAudi Hardcore Simmer

Correct, they are a paid dlc. If you're on console you're better off getting the season pass for $5 more. That way when the Imola/2020 dlc drops youll get it for free. As well as the British track pack when it shows up

15. mike reynolds

ACC
    Mike Reynolds
    11:00:222
    7 Laps
    PC

ACC WHC Header.PNG

16. Peggy11

Peggy11 Hardcore Simmer

ACC
    Peggy11
    10:58:419
    7 Laps
    PC

Alpine Hotstint.png

This was the first proper attempt that I managed to complete with tyre pressures and fuel sorted. I must have had another 10 attempts at least prior, mainly ending in me binning it within the first lap, and one attempt losing it at the corkscrew on the penultimate lap.

Much swearing later I managed the above.

The first lap on cold tyres that aren't up to pressure is hard work, once that's out of the way it's relatively enjoyable. You've just got to ensure you keep the engine behind you, especially through the corkscrew :p

17. mike reynolds

I struggle with the left hander before the corkscrew, the amount of times the back end steps out on me there then I just bleed time all the way up the hill....

Totall Wrytoff and Peggy11 like this.
  18. Peggy11

Peggy11 Hardcore Simmer

Yep that is definitely another place on the circuit where the rear of the car seems to be quicker than the front of the car.

Totall Wrytoff likes this.
  19. Peggy11

Peggy11 Hardcore Simmer

Improvement
    AC
    Peggy11
    1:54:961
    PC

911 GT1 Hotlap.png

I've hit a glass ceiling at the moment. Going to leave it at this for the time being, try again later in the week and see if I can make any improvements.

20. SlowGrayAudi

SlowGrayAudi Hardcore Simmer

The Alpine handles like ***. I'll spend more time trying to set this thing up than actual getting a time in.

21. Rod100

Rod100 Hardcore Simmer

Improvement
    AC
    Rod100
    Xb1[​IMG]