1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Generic Weekly Hotlap Challenge 210 - Pinpoint precision and a pastis

Discussion in 'Console Lounge' started by Totall Wrytoff, Jan 16, 2021.

1. mike reynolds

mike reynolds Hardcore Simmer

ACC
    Improvement
    Mike Reynolds
    2:00:717
    PC

ACC WHC Header.PNG

2. Peggy11

Peggy11 Hardcore Simmer

ACC
    Peggy11
    2:02:907
    PC

porsche hotlap.png

In the spirit of WHC I've had a go.

If I could pick my worst car / track combo in ACC this would be very near to if not at the top of the list. :p

I don't get along with the GT3 Porsches and I hate Paul Ricard, backed up by the fact that even after completing 9 laps I still managed to miss a corner on lap 10 and cut a huge portion of the track, hence the red 1:55 :oops:

3. Rod100

Rod100 Hardcore Simmer

hmmm, I've been always off the throttle while shifting.

Today trying some progress, but feels like I'm re-learning everything from zero.

Sent from my ASUS_Z012DC using Tapatalk

4. Emmanuel Tubbiolo

Emmanuel Tubbiolo Hardcore Simmer

Love it! I searched everywhere in the house. would've settled for something like that. She is letting you play in the appartment with little space. Respect.. fantastic lap time with same equipment. I have no excuses now..

5. jo_siffert

jo_siffert Racer

If anyone's interested, here is the setup i used

Greets and have a nice evening
    Jo

Attached Files:

6. mike reynolds

mike reynolds Hardcore Simmer

Improvement
    ACC
    Mike Reynolds
    2:00:420
    PC

A quick blast with @jo_siffert 's set up and a couple of tenths found, cheers bud

ACC WHC Header.PNG

7. SlowGrayAudi

SlowGrayAudi Hardcore Simmer

I couldn't improve. Too many distractions with the gf here and im against the clock trying to get laps in before i have to leave for work.

Concentration just wasn't there.

I did make a quick additional lateral bracing for my pedal deck. I felt that it always had some flex (its wood so it'll never be 100% solid)

Should be much more stout now. Braced it against the bracing i made for the wheel deck a few days ago.

20210123_164212.jpg 20210123_164221.jpg 20210123_164243.jpg 20210123_164233.jpg

8. SlowGrayAudi

Before you know it my rig will look like the Eifel tower haha!

9. Lewisxbone

Lewisxbone Alien

Improvement
    AC
    Lewis
    2:05.410 - SX
    A5FAC96F-BF0E-4443-9985-27B1D850BD03.jpeg

That is definitely it for me this week.
    im not even going to attempt ACC again to get near Jo’s or mikes time, well done indeed guys.

10. Emmanuel Tubbiolo

Emmanuel Tubbiolo Hardcore Simmer

Improvement
    AC
    Emmanuel Tubbiolo
    Xbox

Did it..

Attached Files:

11. upload_2021-1-24_18-2-47.png
    What a week! That's all folks! Here's the flag!

Weekly Hotlap Challenge 210
    --------------Results----------------

Assetto Corsa Hotlap
    KTM X-Bow R at Highlands Drift

1. GoodGame.eXistenZ – 2.04.553 PC
    2. Lewis - 2:05.410 - SX
    3. BenBB – 2.05.922 PC
    4. Totall Wrytoff - 2.08.234 PS4
    5. Peggy11 – 2.09.151 PC
    6. Emmanuel Tubbiolo - 2.09.329 Xbox
    7. Rod100 - 2.10.361 Xb1
    8. SlowGrayAudi – 2.10.755 PS4
    9. Sissydriver - 2.13.189 PC
    10. Jimmy_3226 – 2.13.763 PS4
    11. HandyAndy1962 – 2.13.783 PC
    12. Laughing Gravy - 2.13.979 PS4

Assetto Corsa Competizione Hotlap
    Porsche 911 GT3R at Paul Ricard

1. jo_siffert - 1.59.805 PC
    2. Mike Reynolds - 2:00:420 PC
    3. Lewis - 2.00.933 SX
    4. Moodyryder - 2.01.089 PS4
    5. SlowGrayAudi - 2.01. 2:01.176 PS4
    6. Sissydriver - 2.01.521 PC
    7. Totall Wrytoff - 2.02.883 PS
    8. Peggy11 - 2:02:907 PC

It has been an amazing week on WHC, thanks to your efforts, enthusiasm, generous advice and in some cases domestic persuasion, improvisation and full on construction.

AC has been an exhibition of enthusiasm and improvement, ACC has been genuinely dramatic!

On the AC Podium:
    1st place, @GoodGame.eXistenZ – it’s not often GoodGame has to defend his time, but this week he did. Emphatically. What a great lap time. What an amazing thing to watch on the vid too! Congratulations! Many congratulations!
    @Lewisxbone returns, shakes off the ring rust and ends with a time faster than GoodGame’s earlier WR and under a second off the new WR. That too is some lap time, really well done!
    Frankly @benoit Boyadis, in third place, can claim a moral victory here. He has improved by around FOUR seconds. His final lap time includes getting his gf onside and managing a large piece of plywood. GoodGame was not the only one to be astonished! That is more than bien joue!

On the ACC Podium
    1st place @jo_siffert returns, wins and is over six tenths clear. Awesome lap, he’s the only man to break 2 mins. Thanks for generously sharing the set up too.
    @mike reynolds post a great run of improvements, nails it and finishes P2. He moves up from 4th, jumping considerable efforts from @SlowGrayAudi and Lewis. Good one Mike!
    @Lewisxbone is a double podium man! Once again he shows perseverance to improve his times and takes third place. Hope you haven’t overdone it this week Lewis!!

This week it would be impossible to choose a driver of the week, but aside from those mentioned, in AC, @Peggy11 and @Emmanuel Tubbiolo have both shown great enthusiasm to get a sub 2:10 around the Highlands, great effort and well done!
    In ACC @sissydriver has shone a bright light into the dark cupboard that is ACC set-up! That sort of info is most useful and helps everyone to improve. @SlowGrayAudi clearly spent more time on development than driving this week. He has constructed a magnificent, wooden version of @GoodGame.eXistenZ 's rig. Eiffel Tower? Haha! Trust me, or ask @Benoit Boyadjis , the Eiffel Tower is skimpy in comparison! Sitting there, you'll be safe when the hurricane comes to Kansas! Thanks for sharing!

Onto WHC 211, which has kicked off at an alarming pace! In AC, @GoodGame.eXistenZ has already smashed the WR. And I mean smashed. @mike reynolds , after a couple of improvements already, has posted a blistering time and @Peggy11 and @Rod100 are also on it!

Lets hope it's another week like this!:)

12. GoodGame.eXistenZ

GoodGame.eXistenZ Hardcore Simmer

Great writeup : )

Impressed by the self-made rig. I am thinking of posting a video of my rig soon : )

13. SlowGrayAudi

Thanks! You definitely should show us!

I just cant justify spending another $700+ on a rig when i just got the Fanatec wheel. Plus the new McLaren rim is showing up Monday.

Had the rig for a while, its just been through some refinements.

14. GoodGame.eXistenZ

The McLaren rim is fantastic. Best feel of any rims I had so far.
    Just check for cracks near the fixing points sometimes...

SlowGrayAudi likes this.
  15. SlowGrayAudi

Sounds good, excited for it to show up.

Do you have the original version?

16. GoodGame.eXistenZ

I had the V1 on my old Clubsport base 2.5. Cracks appeared after 1 year of use at 50% ffb. I would love to get the V2 to use with me Simucube 2 as a conversion, but I am sure it would start to crack at the same spots.

SlowGrayAudi likes this.
  17. SlowGrayAudi

Good to know, did you submit a ticket to Fanatec? Im sure that would be under warranty? I assume you had the metal quick release?

I just have the Playstation CSL Elite base. Not sure if I'll ever bother with the metal quick release. Honestly I'll probably use this rim for everything.

18. GoodGame.eXistenZ

I bought mine used (even though only 2 months old) so they would always reject warranry claims. It had no impact on functionality, but maybe it would have cracked completely after some time. Really not the greatest quality - clearly not made for DD bases, even though it is stated on their product page. I was using the metal QR.
    It really is a good all purpose rim for a great price. Shame about the crappy quality.

SlowGrayAudi likes this.
  19. SlowGrayAudi

Hopefully the new one will hold up well for me. Im definitely not using max FFB. Some people like it super heavy but i just like realistic feel, not overweight feel.

I appreciate the input! Since i bought it brand new at least i can warranty it if it does ever fail!