1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Generic Weekly Hotlap Challenge 213 – Godzimola

Discussion in 'Console Lounge' started by Totall Wrytoff, Feb 6, 2021.

1. Welcome to the Weekly Hotlap Challenge 213 – Godzimola
    Featuring both Assetto Corsa and Assetto Corsa Competizione Hotlap challenges

Track: Imola
    Assetto Corsa Hotlap:

Nissan GT-R NISMO
    Assetto Corsa Competizione Hotlap:
    Nissan GT-R Nismo GT3 2015 version
    upload_2021-2-6_17-58-38.png
    upload_2021-2-6_17-58-47.png
    ACC – 20:00 / Clear
    upload_2021-2-6_17-59-7.png
    Totally cult!
    The Nismo GT-R - born of the Skyline, nicknamed after the mythical Japanese monster, propelled to stardom by Toge and Gran Turismo, it is the gamer’s car turned into reality. It is heavy, very very rapid, thumps the road into submission, sounds epic and feels effortless.
    NISMO, Nissan Motorsport International and the Skyline go way back to 1987, when Nismo developed a Group A version of the R31 Skyline.
    I was at a Silverstone trackday a couple of years ago and there were three GT-Rs honing round together. The size, speed, noise, and the sheer speed, again, was HUGELY impressive. And, they were using a litre of fuel, per lap.

This week we are taking on Imola, in the road going NISMO GT-R and the 2015 GT-R GT3. No need to worry about the monstrous consumption of fuel, brakes and tyres either.
    upload_2021-2-6_17-59-30.png
    The circuit is named after Ferrari founder Enzo and his son Dino, who died aged just 24 years old. It is a legendary track, but a complete bogey circuit for me…
    It is largely fast and flowing, but requires precision on the brakes and line into the quick corners and has a couple of awkward chicanes.
    In the road car, it often feels as though the rear wheels are on casters, so quickly does Godzilla’s tail lash round. Corrective opposite lock is too late; it will keep on swinging, so you need to ahead of the beast, anticipating its reaction and very ready to muscle it back into line.
    You can feel its awesome weight but the 3.8 litre, twin turbo V6 - the VR38DETT - quite suitably, offers monster power. This double whammy really tests the Brembos, as you will see!

In the words of Dr. Ishiro Seriwaza; “The arrogance of men is thinking that nature is in our control, and not the other way around.”

The same applies here!

AC Tyres and Fastest Lap:
    Recommended operating pressures:
    - Hypercar Road: 36 psi all round
    Fastest Lap Imola: 1:54.085 by Jakub Krcma

ACC Tyres and steering lock:
    Ideal GT3 slicks operating pressures are around 27.5 psi
    Recommended GT-R GT3 Steering Lock – 640°

☆☆PLEASE NOTE: WHC 212 IS STILL OPEN UNTIL 18:00 (GMT+1) TOMORROW. ☆☆
    ---------------------------------------------------
    How to take part:
    *Assetto Corsa Hotlaps Challenge*
    To enter the Assetto Corsa Hotlap Challenge, select Hotlap, choose the Nissan GT-R NISMO and the Imola Circuit. Please setup the session as follows:
    Mode: Hotlap
    Ambient Temp: FREE / Time of day: Free / Controller: Free / Assists: Free / Stability: Free.

*Assetto Corsa Competizione Hotlap*
    1. Car: Nissan GT-R Nismo GT3 2015 version
    2. Challenge type: Hotlap
    3. Time of day: 20:00
    4. Track: Imola (DLC but now available on console as well)
    5. Weather: Clear
    6. Dynamic Weather: Disabled
    7. Cloud: n/a
    8. Ave Temp: n/a
    9. Grip level: Optimum
    10. Wetness: n/a
    The screen shot required to enter your time is in Timetables at the end of the session.
    Realism and Assist Settings are up to you. Ideally, please use PRO

POSTING FORMAT:
    For ease of admin, please use the following format to post your times to be included on the leader boards:
    * Improvement
    (Only required if you have already posted a time)
    * Challenge – AC or ACC
    * Your name (as you would like it to appear on the leaderboard)
    * Your time - shown as x.xx.xxx.
    * Your platform (PC Xb1 PS4)
    * Screen shot showing your time.
    (Optional but in the spirit) Your thoughts or any comment.
    Please post video clips and share information here as well.
    To submit a time, pause the game and select 'session' from the menu and screenshot this page or take a photo of your screen and post it in this thread - Note all the information from the screen is required including temperature, lap mode, weather and of course the car being used!

You can run as many laps as you can manage and update your times as often as you like. It is all about taking part, pushing yourself and enjoying Assetto Corsa and Competizione. All Platforms are welcome.

Deadline: Sunday 14th February 2021
    Chequered Flag will drop shortly before 6pm.

Last edited: Feb 6, 2021

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge 276 Jun 11, 2022
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge 275 Jun 4, 2022
    Chit Chat Room Weekly Hotlap Challenge May 21, 2022
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge 274 May 21, 2022
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge 273 May 14, 2022
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge #272 May 1, 2022
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge 271 Apr 26, 2022
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge #262 Jan 29, 2022
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge #261 Jan 22, 2022
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge #260 Jan 15, 2022
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge #259 Jan 8, 2022
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge #258 Jan 1, 2022
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge #257 Dec 27, 2021
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge #256 Dec 18, 2021
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge #255 Dec 11, 2021

3. Peggy11

Peggy11 Hardcore Simmer

AC
    Peggy11
    1:56:197
    PC

GT-R Hotlap.png

Imola is my second favourite circuit after Brands Hatch, so I'm enjoying this WHC already :D

4. mike reynolds

mike reynolds Hardcore Simmer

ACC
    Mike Reynolds
    1:45:195
    PC

This car is horrible! Feels all over the place when you try and push it. Don't normally worry about set ups too much but this thing needs some work :-(

ACC WHC Header.PNG

5. sissydriver

sissydriver Alien

ACC
    Sissydriver
    PC

WHC213_ACC_1.jpg

WHC213_ACC_1a.jpg

With standard setup its really horrible.

Now I finally have to get serious about setup. A nice task for this week.
    Otherwise: give Godzilla some love

:)

6. SlowGrayAudi

SlowGrayAudi Hardcore Simmer

7. Peggy11

Peggy11 Hardcore Simmer

ACC
    Peggy11
    1:45:276
    PC

OculusScreenshot1612696974.jpeg

It's alright this car!

Safe setup preset, altered tyre pressures, reduced ABS and brake ducts, then went for it :cool:

8. sissydriver

sissydriver Alien

ACC
    Improvement
    Sissydriver
    PC

WHC213_ACC_2.jpg

WHC213_ACC_1b.jpg

Lowered rear, TC and ABS to 2, bb 64%, more rear ARB did the trick for me. And i looooove the sound of this car, his growl. Amazing.

9. SlowGrayAudi

ACC
    SlowGrayAudi
    1:45.201
    PS4

20210207_063009.jpg 20210207_063023.jpg

10. SlowGrayAudi

I agree, car sucks big balls

11. GoodGame.eXistenZ

GoodGame.eXistenZ Hardcore Simmer

The GTR was also one of the weakest GT3 cars in AC, but it just required some setup work and it would be among one of ther faster cars.

SlowGrayAudi and sissydriver like this.
  12. sissydriver

sissydriver Alien

Aris is doing a fantastic job with his Discord server in my opinion. Yesterday he had an idea and today he is implementing it: You can ask a bot with problems and it gives you setup tips:
    For example
    setup: oversteer low speed exit
    and then the bot gives several tips about it.

https://discord.com/invite/rgVkzP8NUB

So if you want to learn something more, you are cordially invited.

@GoodGame.eXistenZ - You are of course welcome to come, even if you probably know all the tips. :p

13. mike reynolds

mike reynolds Hardcore Simmer

Improvement
    ACC
    1:45:099
    PC

Still all over the place in this thing...the amount of invalid laps shows you I have no control over it!

ACC WHC Header.PNG

14. Emmanuel Tubbiolo

Emmanuel Tubbiolo Hardcore Simmer

AC
    Emmanuel Tubbiolo
    Xbox one

Much easier... I can even chat with wife and kids when I do a lap..

15. Emmanuel Tubbiolo

Emmanuel Tubbiolo Hardcore Simmer

Sorry again

Attached Files:

16. sissydriver

sissydriver Alien

ACC
    Improvement
    Sissydriver
    PC

WHC213_ACC_3.jpg

Because of this icy rain and snow a day with the family only in the house - and a lot of time for godzilla - now already 300km in imola - i like the primal beast ;)

17. Peggy11

Peggy11 Hardcore Simmer

Improvement
    AC
    Peggy11
    1:55:990
    PC

GT-R Hotlap.png

Tiny bit faster o_O

18. sissydriver

sissydriver Alien

tried AC - 1.57.xx but its so different. messing up all the reference points. nah. maybe another day. and 20.00 it is pitch black night. o_O

19. GoodGame.eXistenZ

GoodGame.eXistenZ Hardcore Simmer

Assetto Corsa - Skyline
    GoodGame.eXistenZ
    PC
    1:52:909

Ahhh the GTR... I always felt it is too heavy. You notice it under braking, 1cm too late and you will overshoot the corner. The car is a mixed bag, just like Imola... Anyway, while I know there is 0.1 to gain in the first and last corner, I will leave it at that. :)

Video will follow tomorrow.

[​IMG]

20. AC
    BenBB
    1:55:563
    PC
    s1.PNG
    I'm not hating the heavy thing !

Solid third place @GoodGame.eXistenZ :cool:

21. Improvement #workinprogress
    AC
    BenBB