1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Let's talk about broadcasting (programmer's thread)

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by Minolin, Dec 12, 2018.

1. Brado23

Brado23 Racer

Yep, I'm definitely missing middle sector times often. It doesn't happen all of the time strangely, but has definitely started happening lately as you say.

Here's an example...

Attached Files:

2. Toon Knapen

Toon Knapen Gamer

Hello @Robby Timmermans , are you still working on this project? I'm asking because I was wondering if programmers (like you) would eventually be interested if we would document the protocol to uplink live data to our https://pitwall.live platform.

Writing a live-timing dashboard is a lot of work. Before we started supporting ACC we focused on supporting real-life timing systems such as timeservice (used by 24h series), swisstiming (used by SRO), TSL, ... We would now also like to support more racing games (ACC, AC, rf2, ...) and thus documenting this protocol would allow programmers like yourself to avoid having to capture the data _and_ build the whole live-timing dashboard.

..LeRenard! and Brado23 like this.
  3. Justin w

Justin w Simracer

If i wanted to broadcast from a different pc to what im playing acc on im guessing I would need another copy of game and pc capable of playing it??

4. Toon Knapen

Toon Knapen Gamer

You can access the broadcasting API from another PC as the PC running ACC. The broadcasting API is just a UDP socket. So to access most generally specify the address 127.0.0.1:9000 but you could thus also access this from another pc but then you need to specify the IP address of the PC that is running ACC. You can see which IP you have using the `ipconfig` command.

Of course when accessing it from another pc, you also need to be wary of firewall's etc.

5. Justin w

Justin w Simracer

Sounds complicated I'm not clued up on pcs
    Also I wouldn't be able to join as spectator to broadcast and play at same time would I ?

Last edited: Aug 6, 2020
  6. Brado23

Brado23 Racer

You wouldn't join as a spectator, just join normally as a player and you can still run the broadcast client (not that it would be much use though while you are playing except for timing).

7. Toon Knapen

Toon Knapen Gamer

@Doug Duthie, I see in your post about the latest release of ACC Results companion that you have succeeded in interpreting the accident reports. Congratulations :)
    I imagine you base this on the info you get through the broadcasting interface.
    Can you share how you interpret them?

thanks in advance,

toon

8. Doug Duthie

Doug Duthie Hardcore Simmer

Well..in a fashion. Yes it comes from UDP interface. We has the accident event abd the message is something like #vs. #70497248. All we really know is the lap, the driver having then accident and the time it happened. The other player involved is just some sort of ID. I thought this might have been the steam3 id, but it doesn't match up. Actually, I've just checked, and it is a random number..it the below race I shamefully had 5 accidents, but no id appeared more than one

The "at fault" column was pure speculation. I had noticed that it appeared that the id of the rearmost car in accidents was always negative (this might have been coincidental though) so I decided to apportion blame on that basis. However, now all player ids are positive. I might change the logic to apportion blame to anyone who isn't me ;) - seriously though, I'll probably get rid of that as ACC doesn't apportion blame, it just penalises all concerned

upload_2020-9-15_17-51-29.png

I'd love to be able to map the car ids of those involved in the accidents but it seems the info isn't there at the moment

Brado23, AndyK70 and Toon Knapen like this.
  9. Doomsayer

Doomsayer Rookie

I am a little confused with all the code I found in "Sources\ksBroadcastingTestClient\": Is this all implemented in the test client?

Especially I am interested in the "Autopilot" function, because I want to broadcast our league races while I am still driving for myself. All the stuff in the file "Sources\ksBroadcastingTestClient\Autopilot\AutopilotCarViewModel.cs" looks like there is a good logic behind this autopilot in the testclient. Is there anyone, who suceeded in programming a good "autopiloted" client for broadcasting? Or does anyone have good values for autopilot in the testclient?

Cheers
    Sascha

RRL Fun Liga https://raceapp.eu/rrl/Community/rrl | YOUTUBE: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC2lIrqCNAouuWo9QIezstUw

10. Doug Duthie

@Minolin - is there an updated BroadcastingEnums.cs? I've just noticed a new country - Chile=82, but NationalityEnum only goes to 77.

Just to check I'm not looking in the wrong place, I've updated the dedicated server and the file
    .\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Assetto Corsa Competizione Dedicated Server\sdk\broadcasting\Sources\ksBroadcastingNetwork is still at 8th October.

Cheers
    Doug

11. RadstaR

RadstaR Rookie

Any news about SDK fixes ?

12. gvann

gvann Rookie

Hello everyone, I'm currently working on a broadcasting client and I have a couple of questions:
    - I'm reading that some of you have some problems with accident notifications, like wrong info in the notification message. My problem is that I do not receive any accident notification at all (best lap and lap completed notification work properly, I haven't tested other events yet). Am I doing something wrong or is it the game that no longer sends accident notifications after some patch?
    - In my highlights system I would like to include also notifications for overtakings, is there someone who tried to accomplish that? My guess is to implement that comparing the spline positions of the cars, but I'm reading that sometimes those are not properly in sync with the actual car position if I understood correctly. Any suggestion on how to tackle this?

13. Doug Duthie

The last time I tested online was the end of November and accidents were reported then - I've not had a chance to test since then. They are reported as a InboundMessageTypes.BROADCASTING_EVENT type message. It is difficult to tie up who is involved in an accident though - maybe you could see who had accidents at the same time and extrapolate from there. The only thing that I suspect is missing, is the accident message is along the lines of

#vs #<nnnnn>

I'm probably wrong, but I assumed this was intended to indicate the 3rd party of the accident (is "vs" versus ?). Anyway, the number that shown appears to be random.

I've not played with relative car coordinates at a point in time, so can't comment if you could use this. I have seen that there appears to be a lag on the position in the real time car update messages (maybe just that they are sent asynchronously) so you might not be able to use that to monitor overtakes. You could use shared memory - according to the documentation it gives coordinates of all cars at any point in time

14. gvann

gvann Rookie

I've not tested online yet, only on single player mode. Could be that accident messages works only in online mode? I'll try as soon as possible. If they're not working in online mode too probably I'm doing something wrong.
    Thanks for the advice about shared memory, i'll try with that approach. If I can see coordinates or spline position in real time it should be pretty simple to report overtakes.

15. Doug Duthie

I've never seen accident events working in SP - only online

16. Fabio Pittol

Fabio Pittol Gamer

On my Node.JS version here, in SinglePlayer it doesn't report accidents either.

And I saw a few AI bumping/sliding/pushing happening that would for sure be an "accident". Still no reports.

17. Fabio Pittol

Fabio Pittol Gamer

@Minolin I know your work there must have made the Broadcasting API drop a few spots on the priority list, but would be awesome if in the near future we could have at least some more infos that are already on the default ACC UI.

I mean, as @Brado23 listed on back in April/2020 (post on the "spoiler"). If a Broadcaster really wants to build something to customize and overlay the original UI (leaving HUD as Blank), stuff a Spectator can already see, like Tire Set/Type, Weather forecast, Track condition are crucial. Otherwise, if it's for getting hints of battle for position and change the cameras, we don't need to do nothing but use the TestClient. I know it might sound like sarcasm, but that's not the intention.

The API itself as it is, it's pretty cool. We can do lot's of stuff on our own with the realtime updates. It's just missing a few bits to get people off the limbo.

18. Cirith Ungol

Cirith Ungol Simracer

Hi !

I want to build a really small app that only shows things relative to the weather (rain, cloud, wetness and temperature) because I never found an app that tells me when I enter a wet server just how wet it is ( :D ). And also it was a good excuse to get back on some C#. Anyway I have to admit I'm quite a noob about that and I don't really understand how to connect to ACC broadcast. Here is what I've come up with :

Code:
    ACCUdpRemoteClient client = new ACCUdpRemoteClient("127.0.0.1", 9000, "", "asd", "", 100);
    ksBroadcastingNetwork.Structs.RealtimeUpdate realtimeUpdate = new ksBroadcastingNetwork.Structs.RealtimeUpdate();
    But that doesn't seem to do anything as the realtimeUpdate object his just full of 0. I know this is a basic question but I really searched on Google but I didn't find anything :oops:

Salvatore Amato likes this.
  19. ohjeah

ohjeah Hardcore Simmer

There's a simhub overlay that does exactly what you need:
    https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/xiv-ambient.38044/

Cirith Ungol likes this.
  20. expor

expor Gamer

And if you still decide to get it working yourself, what you do on line 2 is just create a new instance of the RealtimeUpdate struct, which by default will contain 0-values.

Instead, you want to do something like this;

PHP:
    ACCUdpRemoteClient client = new ACCUdpRemoteClient("127.0.0.1"9000"""asd"""100); // Connect to UDP server
    ACCUdpRemoteClient.MessageHandler.OnRealtimeUpdate += OnRealtimeUpdate// Register for RealtimeUpdate event with a callback

// Callback implementation
    private void OnRealtimeUpdate(RealtimeUpdate realtimeUpdate)
    {

// Do something with data
    }

Last edited: Feb 10, 2021
    Cirith Ungol likes this.