1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Setup Guide for Beginners

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by Skaven Zverov, May 9, 2020.

Tags:
  1. oldgeezer61

oldgeezer61 Rookie

Super job, I printed it at work in high resolution, very handy to adjust a setup during races.
    Thanks mate

Skaven Zverov likes this.
  2. WhiteVsBlack

WhiteVsBlack Rookie

Idk if someone posted it already but i found that this guides are very helpful also in ACC. They allow you to understand basics. In PCARS 2 it's explained better what what will happen if u change specific setting. I found it quite usefull in ACC since im quite new in sim racing.
    What do you think about it guys?

3. bondyboy

bondyboy Alien

4. Rudski

Rudski Alien

It will be hard to get people to admit they own pcars 2. :D

Skaven Zverov and WhiteVsBlack like this.
  5. WhiteVsBlack

WhiteVsBlack Rookie

already watched them before posting that ;) every info was very useful, form Aris' and from Yorkie065

6. WhiteVsBlack

WhiteVsBlack Rookie

Probably you are 100% right :D

7. Skaven Zverov

Skaven Zverov Simracer

Glad you like it mate, glad it helped :)

8. Skaven Zverov

Skaven Zverov Simracer

That's true but i don't know much about that. And i think it would help, for sure. If anyone would like to share a light on it, i would put into v2.0 for sure.

9. Skaven Zverov

Skaven Zverov Simracer

THat is what i should add to the setup guide, too, to check histograms, and it is a "general rule", with exceptions, of course. :)

10. Skaven Zverov

Skaven Zverov Simracer

Glad it helped mate :)

11. Boonatix

Boonatix Racer

I saw the written guide on the blog https://trinacriasimracing.wordpress.com/acc-beginner-setup-guide/ is using some pictures of my beginner guide tyre and setup videos ^^ it would be great if you could link to me / my channel on youtube please... I am really happy that you liked what I did there, it would just have been great to get in touch before you screenshot the stuff. Thanks ^^

12. Skaven Zverov

Skaven Zverov Simracer

Hey mate, i didn't write that blog, but i did do the guide from original post, and i would be happy to add you to credits, and to add your links to my original post. As i already wrote it on OP, what i collected is a bunch of info from other people, some i forgot where i took from, and that was guide just for me.

It happened to be "published" because it was needed by community, i don't take credits for anything except for compiling info.

I will add your YouTube link to original post so people can check those too, that will be helpful, thanks for your help :)

Did you checked my guide? Did i took anything from your videos? Because, i just checked, i did the guide before you made the videos. Probably that blog is updated from a guy who made it with your info.

But, anyway, even so, i would be glad to put your link into OP.

AndyK70 likes this.
  13. Boonatix

Boonatix Racer

Hey Skaven I just saw the screenshots on the website and was just surprised ^^ Your setup guide is awesome and very helpful, I link it actually a lot when people ask about setup help :) You are very kind, honestly you do not need to link to my videos as your setup guide is your own work and all the info is out there from many different sources... but if you want, feel free, I am happy if I can help ^^

Thank you so much!

14. Skaven Zverov

Skaven Zverov Simracer

For sure i will put it, this is the Thread for helping people, and i think your videos are helpful.

I am now working on v2.0, and i may take something from your videos and put in next version :p

Link is in OP now :)

Thanks for the help :)

Boonatix and AndyK70 like this.
  15. Poguinhas

Poguinhas Alien

16. Skaven Zverov

Skaven Zverov Simracer

Poguinhas likes this.
  17. Nirvaesh

Nirvaesh Rookie

your compilation is great, check it for updates every now and then and it's permanently pinned on the leagues discord channel that i'm part of :D

18. Skaven Zverov

Skaven Zverov Simracer

Thanks, hopefully it will be even better in near future :)

Great to hear about that pin, glad people find it useful :)

19. cconti

cconti Rookie

I didn't read all 14 pages of posts, but I was wondering if there was a print friendly PDF of the setup guide. By that I mean one that doesn't have a black background and red text. I pulled it up on my iPad, but the text is hard to read and not as easy to scroll (also hard to make notes on it).
    I guess I could create a print friendly version myself, but I wouldn't want to duplicate the effort if someone else already did it.
    Thanks.

20. Thomas Cameron

Thomas Cameron Simracer

You should’ve at least read the first post , it’s there ...(the guide you want)